Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bongo59 postmortem

All League

bongo59 postmortem

Has bongo59 been back to explain how all of the purported trades up and down feel through? With all the speculation he was perpetuating, it doesn't seem like much came to fruition.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    Has bongo59 been back to explain how all of the purported trades up and down feel through? With all the speculation he was perpetuating, it doesn't seem like much came to fruition.
    I like bongo. I like discussing football matters with him even if it involves the dull Titans.

But last week, His insider info was a little too much for me.

Tom Condon was supposedly going to orchestrate a deal where the first 7 teams in the draft were all going to be involved in some crazy 7 team deal where players and picks exchanged hands back and forth.

Leinart supposedly hired Condon to get him taken in the top 3 and to orchestrate the entire top part of the draft. Guess that Condon got Leinart to fall to 10 and lose out on close to 15 million dollars.

Bongo's inside info also had Reggie Bush with a brand spanking new contract with Houston. The deal was finalized and Bongo had the exact terms of the contract and was good enough to hook us up with the completed deal.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Give.........................The.................. ..........Guy.....................A.........Break. ....Everyone....................Makes mistakes....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF
    I like bongo. I like discussing football matters with him even if it involves the dull Titans.

I agree and I digress.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF

Tom Condon was supposedly going to orchestrate a deal where the first 7 teams in the draft were all going to be involved in some crazy 7 team deal where players and picks exchanged hands back and forth.

Leinart supposedly hired Condon to get him taken in the top 3 and to orchestrate the entire top part of the draft. Guess that Condon got Leinart to fall to 10 and lose out on close to 15 million dollars.

Bongo's inside info also had Reggie Bush with a brand spanking new contract with Houston. The deal was finalized and Bongo had the exact terms of the contract and was good enough to hook us up with the completed deal.
    I wonder how long it will be before he shows his avatar around here again.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Give.........................The.................. ..........Guy.....................A.........Break. ....Everyone....................Makes mistakes....
    It's not nice to make fun of someone with a speech impediment, or a typing impediment for that matter.

Veteran
    Today 01:14 PM
    LockeJET Give.........................The.................. ..........Guy.....................A.........Break. ....Everyone....................Makes mistakes....

True LockeJet.....but it.....usually does not amount.......to 100 pages worth..........of mistakes!

Hall Of Fame
    how many threads have to be started on this? at least that was 1 long one....not 15 little retarded ones....the guy told u his info was fluid for all you know everything he said was discussed but never came about.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet
    LockeJET Give.........................The.................. ..........Guy.....................A.........Break. ....Everyone....................Makes mistakes....

True LockeJet.....but it.....usually does not amount.......to 100 pages worth..........of mistakes!
    dude un-clinch maybe that stick will fall out of your ass.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet

And a record PPP ratio, periods per post.

Charter JI Member
    Guys the Bongo threads length was perpetrated by the actions of everyone here. Granted not many of his predictions came to pass, I still don't want threads created just to blast away. Please consider this before you comment.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    Guys the Bongo threads length was perpetrated by the actions of everyone here. Granted not many of his predictions came to pass, I still don't want threads created just to blast away. Please consider this before you comment.
    Mine was a sincere question, since I had not seen the other threads.

All League
    did anything he said at all come true? the trade i can understand. bt then saying reggie bush to houston was a done deal. saying that the raiders coveted matt leinart more than anything. he basically got every teams draft board wrong also. right now, bongo's sitting somewhere laughing his arse off. the guy created the single largest thread in ji history, and none of his little nuggets turned out right. we've been played for fools.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Considering how boring all the OT(mine included) posts were and how creating mock drafts had people worked up to a fever pitch, it broke the ice, provided a great distraction till the real event actually happened and was good theatre. I wouldnt pay to see it at the box office but I would watch it on cable.

All League
    I don't understand.

Bongo perpetuates a fraud for 150 pages but when someone calls him on it they get chastized?

He sounds like a big boy..i'm sure he can take the jabs.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    I don't understand.

Bongo perpetuates a fraud for 150 pages but when someone calls him on it they get chastized?

He sounds like a big boy..i'm sure he can take the jabs.
    Not chastizing...just trying to head something off before it happens.

If you think about it Bongopalooza was a riot, did anyone really think what he said was going to happen? I mean fixing the first seven picks of a draft...kinda silly in retrospect.

Veteran
    emslave....I don't know what your problem is, but I can guarantee you nothing is stuck up my arse. So, get a life and quit acting like you're best buddies with this guy. Don't like what I have to say....ignore it, but don't start with personal attacks.

All League

If you think about it Bongopalooza was a riot, did anyone really think what he said was going to happen? I mean fixing the first seven picks of a draft...kinda silly in retrospect.
    The sad part, JW, is that there were a ton of people who did indeed believe what he was saying.

(Of course, he said so many things I suspect 2 or 3 of them may actually have been right...you know, throw enough sh*t against the wall and something will stick)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Alot of people believed him or the thread would not have been that long.

Needless to say, I was not one of them, which is why I attempted to call him on it more than once.

The funny thing is every time I questioned him, 20 guys would get on me in bongo's defense.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 05-02-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Alot of people believed him or the thread would not have been that long. Needless to say, I was not one of them, which is why I attempted to call him on it more than once.

The funny thing is every time I questioned him, 20 guys would get on me in bongo's defense.
    It was a fun thread and people wanted to keep it going.
    The only thing I worried about was keeping it from getting nasty, the same reason I've closed a couple of these threads, but this one's tone is not mean spirited so, we're good to go.