Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bongo59 postmortem

Veteran
    He definitely posted over the weekend saying sorry he was wrong and complimenting us on our draft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    He definitely posted over the weekend saying sorry he was wrong and complimenting us on our draft.
    That's it, no details? Did he at least throw his source under the bus?

Practice Squad
    the lesson learned here for the next draft is, you just don't know what's goin' to happen. there are too many variables involved to be able to pinpoint exactly what's going to transpire. bongo might have had accurate inside info but that changes up to the last minute of and during the draft. though it was an entertaining discussion, we all wasted too much time going through that damned thread. after all that was said and done, we wound up with the exact two guys we thought we'd get. next time.... just wait for draft day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    bongo is and has been in the past a high quality poster.

All of the stuff I have read of his pre "bongo-mania" was smart good stuff. The guy is a fanatic like all of us.

I never commented on the original bongo thread but let's be honest it was entertaining as hell.

He says things and sometimes it is out there but that's what great - He made the papers through the board (the story was picked up by SF area media outlets) so if he was making it up and it was a hoax well s--t i'd probably respect that too.

My take - I don't doubt that someone told him those things my question is how informed that source was or what their personal motivation was to tell it?

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

just a question to those of you who are critical of bongo - do you doubt that he was legit, do you think the things he spoke of never existed, that he made them all up?

if so, i guess you have a gripe. if you're just upset that his info never happened, i bet there were probably hundreds of deals discussed in the weeks/days prior that never happened - it doesn't make the info less legit, as long as they were possibilities.

the 'big deal' bongo mentioned never happened, but it DID make sense - as evidenced by the fact that some of the more intelligent football/draftniks on the board got involved and also thought it had merit. while he surely comes across as too sure of himself, i doubt he made it all up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    bongo is and has been in the past a high quality poster.

All of the stuff I have read of his pre "bongo-mania" was smart good stuff. The guy is a fanatic like all of us.

I never commented on the original bongo thread but let's be honest it was entertaining as hell.

He says things and sometimes it is out there but that's what great - He made the papers through the board (the story was picked up by SF area media outlets) so if he was making it up and it was a hoax well s--t i'd probably respect that too.

My take - I don't doubt that someone told him those things my question is how informed that source was or what their personal motivation was to tell it?
    What lent credence to his information was all the intrigue around his posts, the trips to New York, meetings at restaurants, pressing business that kept pulling him away from the board. Either someone fed him a big, steaming pile of bullsh!t or he fed it to us.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    What lent credence to his information was all the intrigue around his posts, the trips to New York, meetings at restaurants, pressing business that kept pulling him away from the board. Either someone fed him a big, steaming pile of bullsh!t or he fed it to us.
    yes, either one of those 2 options OR it was one of the many scenarios that was in the works, and never came to pass.

Hall Of Fame

exactly, bongo painted a nice picture that many jets fans here WANTED to believe. if you even questioned him, 5 people jumped down your throat. well, it looks like the cynics were right, because either bongo doesn't have a source, or it's not good enough to rely upon. Oak desperately wants ML? come on.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    yes, either one of those 2 options OR it was one of the many scenarios that was in the works, and never came to pass.
    If so, he should provide the same type of detail about how the deals fell through as he provided when suggesting they would happen.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If so, he should provide the same type of detail about how the deals fell through as he provided when suggesting they would happen.
    why? what would be the point?

it obviously fell through.

damn haters everywhere for everything.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies
    why? what would be the point?

it obviously fell through.

damn haters everywhere for everything.
    so oakland's massive interest in ML fell through from the time bongo talked to his source to the draft? bongopologists are funny. SOWELL TRAIN made 1/100 of the predictions here and got grilled for being 0 for 1.

"so oakland's massive interest in ML fell through from the time bongo talked to his source to the draft? bongopologists are funny. SOWELL TRAIN made 1/100 of the predictions here and got grilled for being 0 for 1."

Was thinken the same thing, but I believe Bongo. That's how this stuff goes down. As stupid as it sounds, the people who aren't in the know don't know how this goes down.

PS: I am 1-3 (Sowell release right, Abe trade wrong, Lugo trade wrong.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    so oakland's massive interest in ML fell through from the time bongo talked to his source to the draft? bongopologists are funny. SOWELL TRAIN made 1/100 of the predictions here and got grilled for being 0 for 1.

bongo = long time board member, solid football poster.
    sowell train - newb who seemingly joined in essense to promote his site. yeah, he posted on some football stuff from time to time, but most of it was self promotion.

that's the difference.

now, maybe bongo had us all going for a ride.. or maybe he was legitmately trying to hook us up with the info he was getting.. i guess unless he chooses to clarify, we'll never know. but no need to mercilessly rip him a new a$$hole.. it's an internet message board afterall - we should all know better to believe everything you read.

"sowell train - newb who seemingly joined in essense to promote his site. yeah, he posted on some football stuff from time to time, but most of it was self promotion."

Woah woah woah, Been on this board since 3 years ago, and I was on the board before the switch. Check the member info. I was here before Bongo...

and Maybe 50 of my 1500 posts are about Jets TV.

Funny how immature some "adults" are.

Hall Of Fame
    One thing about Sowell Train is that he is a good sport. You dismiss his info and he still will answer politely to you. Bongo, if you dared to discredit him would call you a "non-believer" and would threaten to stop posting his inside info.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sowell Train
    "sowell train - newb who seemingly joined in essense to promote his site. yeah, he posted on some football stuff from time to time, but most of it was self promotion."

Woah woah woah, Been on this board since 3 years ago, and I was on the board before the switch. Check the member info. I was here before Bongo...

and Maybe 50 of my 1500 posts are about Jets TV.

Funny how immature some "adults" are.
    sorry... i didnt realize you've been around so long.. the only times i've noticed your posts were during your jet TV posts and the controversy that ensued over your sources..

but the same applies to you- no need to bash someone who more than likely is just trying to spread info from valid sources.. bongo had proven that he's a solid poster on the site - not some new guy who joined a week ago and started throwing out rumors.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    how many threads have to be started on this? at least that was 1 long one....not 15 little retarded ones....the guy told u his info was fluid for all you know everything he said was discussed but never came about.

fluid as in diarreah???

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82
    bongo = long time board member, solid football poster.
    sowell train - newb who seemingly joined in essense to promote his site. yeah, he posted on some football stuff from time to time, but most of it was self promotion.

that's the difference.

now, maybe bongo had us all going for a ride.. or maybe he was legitmately trying to hook us up with the info he was getting.. i guess unless he chooses to clarify, we'll never know. but no need to mercilessly rip him a new a$$hole.. it's an internet message board afterall - we should all know better to believe everything you read.
    SOWELL is not a newb, and people ripped him a new *sshole for ONE prediction that didn't work out.

Some of Bongo's predictions didn't just fall through, they were false. Oak never wanted ML.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sowell Train
    That's how this stuff goes down. As stupid as it sounds, the people who aren't in the know don't know how this goes down.
    You seem like a hard working kid....but I have to wonder what an "in the know person" was doing in the rafters of RCMH screaming like a 10 year old.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    You seem like a hard working kid....but I have to wonder what an "in the know person" was doing in the rafters of RCMH screaming like a 10 year old.
    your weak rips are that of a 10 year old