Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: bongo59 postmortem

  1. #81
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    the whole thing is layers of bulls--t upon bulls--t

    like i said i don't doubt bongo but the lies that surround the draft get crazy just before the first picks are made - it happens every year. We all should have realized Bush wasn't going to Houston when there was no deal signed at least a week prior.

    The nfl draft is pretty much all disinformation and misinformation - i made a mistake by distrusting things that made logical sense and it affect the mocks.

    Of course Tennessee wants to slap the existing coaching staff and their former city in the face with the same move.

    Of course New Orleans will leverage Reggie for a move to LA in that situation.

    the writing is on the wall but the problem is that the wall gets smeared with BS about 10 days before the draft - every year. The only one you can trust for pure info is Gosslin. That dude knew what was up this year - and every year.

  2. #82
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    actually one question....were you shocked that the saints took bush and are paying both RBs? i think deuce is going to be pissed that he has to share carries now.
    surprised no.............it was the correct move...............Benson had to OK it the night before was the shocker

  3. #83
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    surprised no.............it was the correct move...............Benson had to OK it the night before was the shocker
    maybe they showed him Reggie Bush highlights the President is a very convincing man

    JMO Bush is even more Marketable in LA than Leinart and they are gonna move that franchise.

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    actually one question....were you shocked that the saints took bush and are paying both RBs? i think deuce is going to be pissed that he has to share carries now.
    Deuce is not the Stat Monkey Martin is! The best for the Jets since 01 would have been a Jordan Martin split like Freeman did with Hector,or Snell and Boozer! But stats ruled with Hermie and Hackett and Cumar loved it!

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114
    Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    Deuce is not the Stat Monkey Martin is! The best for the Jets since 01 would have been a Jordan Martin split like Freeman did with Hector,or Snell and Boozer! But stats ruled with Hermie and Hackett and Cumar loved it!
    Dude martin won the rushing title 2 years ago thats NOT fair.

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    Dude martin won the rushing title 2 years ago thats NOT fair.
    Yeah by 1 yd with more carries then the other backs by far at 31 years of age! That's called stat building in the first degree! Just like 03 with the Jets out of the playoffs Martin came into Dec with 800 yds rushing and no Td's!! So in the month of the Dec Martin got 125 carries to 1 for Jordan! Sorry Dude I'm a Jet Fan not a Martinette!! No doubt you and Cumar miss Hackett and Hermie!!

  7. #87
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    114
    I have a real question for you Bongo.

    Seriously why do you.....type.......like.....this. When I read your posts I just hear Forrest Gump reading it cause of all the......pauses

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    the whole thing is layers of bulls--t upon bulls--t

    like i said i don't doubt bongo but the lies that surround the draft get crazy just before the first picks are made - it happens every year. We all should have realized Bush wasn't going to Houston when there was no deal signed at least a week prior.

    The nfl draft is pretty much all disinformation and misinformation - i made a mistake by distrusting things that made logical sense and it affect the mocks.

    Of course Tennessee wants to slap the existing coaching staff and their former city in the face with the same move.

    Of course New Orleans will leverage Reggie for a move to LA in that situation.

    the writing is on the wall but the problem is that the wall gets smeared with BS about 10 days before the draft - every year. The only one you can trust for pure info is Gosslin. That dude knew what was up this year - and every year.
    Why would the Titans want to slap their own coaching staff in the face? That makes sense?

    About the only thing you said that does make sense is that their is so much bs and misinformation around the draft that all of those thousands of mocks that get done are useless.

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoNYJ
    I have a real question for you Bongo.

    Seriously why do you.....type.......like.....this. When I read your posts I just hear Forrest Gump reading it cause of all the......pauses
    pause in thought ................the fingers kept active.............it is a neocortical fxn I have.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889
    I think this Bongo thing was way overblown. Just because what the guy said did not come true, doesn't mean he did not know stuff. If he has some inside connections, he might get to hear about all the trades that are trying to go down, so yah, it was interesting to hear, but it didn't mean it WAS going to go down.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us