Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You People Are Gonna Hate This Article!

All League

Exclamation You People Are Gonna Hate This Article!

Jets ready to have landing celebration in Florham Pk.

Welcome party will be free to public with players, food available
    BY NAVID IQBAL
    DAILY RECORD

FLORHAM PARK --Fans of the New York Jets may want to mark their calendars for a party to be thrown by the team in town.

A "Jets Day" is being planned for May 17 from 4 to 6 p.m. to welcome the professional football team to the town, borough officials said Wednesday.

Mayor Frank D. Tinari said the event would be free and open to the public.

Free hot dogs, hamburgers, ice cream, rides and other activities are planned for Jets Day -- primarily tailored to school-aged children, Councilman Tom Hadley said, adding that the football team expressed a great deal of interest in building ties with the area's youth.

Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson, Jets president Jay Russ, and an undetermined number of players are expected to attend the event on the Great Lawn at the borough municipal complex off Ridgedale Avenue.

Borough officials met with Jets staffers Wednesday afternoon to look at the borough's facilities and see if they would accommodate what is being billed as a "welcoming party."

The Jets announced in late March that they selected Florham Park as the new home of their practice facility. It is to be built on a 20-acre parcel of the site currently owned by the Exxon-Mobil Co. along Route 24.

As part of a deal with New Jersey State, the Jets and the New York Giants agreed to pay to build a brand new stadium at the Meadowlands if the state put $20 million towards building new practice fields. The Giants agreed to stay in East Rutherford while the Jets selected several areas within a short distance of the stadium for their practice field.

Since the deal would essentially require the state to purchase land that is within the borough, thus taking it off the municipal tax roll, the Jets agreed to contribute $200,000 annually as a payment in lieu of taxes for the practice site, borough officials have said.

The Exxon-Mobil Co. is currently named on the borough's official tax list as owner of the 370-plus acre site. The company's former headquarters have been vacant since 2000.

The Jets are currently headquartered at Hofstra University in Long Island.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs...67/1203/NEWS01

Mark your Calendars kids - May 17, 2006 - The NY JETS officially move to NJ...

I don't live in Joisey.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Thanks Baumer and long time no see, I hope all is well with you & yours. However, someone already posted this article today and a lot of us are going to the event, see you there?

Hall Of Fame
    great job reporting there. our team president is Jay Russ . holy ****

Banned
    Long, long overdue. Ridiculous that our players and coaches need to live and train so far away from our stadium, conveniently located in another state and across two bridges.

This is worth 1 or 2 wins right there.

SAR I

All League
    who you calling YOU PEOPLE????
    Racist!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Long, long overdue. Ridiculous that our players and coaches need to live and train so far away from our stadium, conveniently located in another state and across two bridges.

This is worth 1 or 2 wins right there.

SAR I

SAR..dont let fatman2009 see this post...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I work down the block. I'll be there every day next year. i already told the office, I'm off limits from the first day of camp until the season is over.

Seriously, there is a lot of space there right now, but they have to fix it up. I'll do a drive by and gather some intel.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsflagboyz
    who you calling YOU PEOPLE????
    Racist!!!
    LMAO...i hope he is serious.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hated it. (anton's voice) No not really

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by tooljet
    Hated it. (anton's voice) No not really
    Three snaps up in Z formation! I loved Anton Merryweather!! And what was the guy's name who was his "life partner" in those skits? Too funny........

anfl team for nyc

any chance nyc will get a nfl team ,giants and jets should be called nj just like the nets and devils

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    great job reporting there. our team president is Jay Russ . holy ****

thats what the problem was we were sending Jay Russ to get our NY stadium built but we should have sent Jay Cross - lol!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jduggs17
    any chance nyc will get a nfl team ,giants and jets should be called nj just like the nets and devils

For the rest of your life this will always be remembered as your first post.

Practice Squad

They are the NEW JERSEY JETS

I'm still flying my flag

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jduggs17
    Not a great first post... Gotta love the fake fans

Charter JI Member
    oh goody

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    SAR..dont let fatman2009 see this post...
    I'll be the first one there to consecrate the ground.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    So, is anyone going to attend this "welcome party"? Can we count on the boycott people to be there flag waving and throwing paper airplanes in protest of the new facility being in NJ?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    So, is anyone going to attend this "welcome party"? Can we count on the boycott people to be there flag waving and throwing paper airplanes in protest of the new facility being in NJ?
    Isn't the fight over? It is done. I am going to bring my kids and we will have a great time celebrating with our favorite team. If you are going to protest make sure you and your cohorts behave with the kids around.