Thread: OT: Jerome from Manhattan

OT: Jerome from Manhattan

Does anyone know what happend to this brilliant caller from WFAN? I havent heard him in about three years. Did he die? Get banned for life? He was also a big jets fan but he almost always talked about the yankees. I used to not care about the yankees but started to root against them only to hope he'd call in the next day and scream about it.

Nothing was better than his rants about Rondell White.

Hall Of Fame
    "Get rid of 'em, I DONT WANT 'EM!"

He definitely epitomized the Yankees spending spree at its highest. He wasn't happy unless he had a 10 million dollar player at every position.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I always suspected he was paid entertainment. Apparently he has health issues. Once in a while someone asks about him. Must be still in touch w/ the talkies although no public calls.

All Pro
    I remeber him calling the fan litterally 1 day after the Yankees won the WOrld Series not sure if it was 99 or 2000 and he was saying that he didn't think they could win it the next year - I mean come on it was not even 24 hrs yet and he was looking forward to the negatives of next year

SHEFIELD A BUM - I WANT HIM GONE!!

Hall Of Fame
    He was entertaining, I just didn't like how he couldn't take a joke. Somers would have such a good time with him, but you could tell it went right over his head. Sometimes you gotta sit back and laugh at yourself.

All League

Hall Of Fame
    Oh yeah, that's another thing, he used his calls to whine about his personal problems. You don't listen to the FAN to hear people's medical history. You listen to sports radio to get away from that junk. Some people have more, some people have less but we all have problems.

Practice Squad
    My favorite was one time he called up and started complaining (pre A-rod) that the Yankees don't have a decent 3rd basemen in any part of their farm system that could come up and replace Boone. He was just ripping apart these like 19 year old kids in AA and stuff. It was an absolute riot.

I hope he hasn't died. I'm a met fan so I looooooooved hearing this guy rip into the Yankees.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The absolute best was one night for some God-forsaken reason I was listening to Benigno on the overnight and Jerome called in...

This was literally two weeks before the '96 draft when the Jets held the first pick...

Jerome starts in.."I'm tellin ya' Joe- they better not take Keyshawn Johnson! I called Hofstra today and told the Jet office it better be Kevin Hardy...they better go defense"...

Benigno says, "Jerome- what's wrong with you, you called the Jets and told them what to do??"

Jerome- "I told them if they take Johnson over Hardy I was going go out there"...

swear it- that was how the call went!

Practice Squad
    When I opened up this thread I expected to read that he had passed away...I'm thankful I didn't.

The last I heard he was living with his mother and had to stop calling in because his rants were affecting his health.

Although I'm a die hard Mets fan I loved Jerome's calls. His calls about the Knicks were priceless also.

All Pro
    I heard him earlier this year talking to Joe and Sal ( when sal was joe's partner)But he was very brief.

All Pro
    But another question, this is an old caller .....What ever happen to the prophet.He just all of the sudden disappear.