Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Build Your Perfect QB !!!

Veteran

Talking Build Your Perfect QB !!!

I was thinking with our Quarterback woes, that i could dream of the best QB the jets could have in green and white.. this is how it goes...

Size - Dauntee Culpepper : hes 6'5'' and bigggg!

Arm Strength - Carson Palmer: he can throw the ball farther then anyone

Smarts - Peyton Manning - know one studies like he does

Speed - Mike Vick: nuff said

Toughness - Steve Mcnair: i have a lot of respect for this guy

Heart - Donovan McNabb: after gettin boo'ed draft day by eagles fans, and now this, hes gone a long way

Determination - Tom Brady : 199th pick overall, to 3 time champ. there ya go.

Accuracy - Chad Pennington: when healthy, the most accurate passer in the NFL

NOW THAT IS A QUARTERBACK

gotta throw favre in there for toughness/durability

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51

One can study all they like, but if you don't get it, you don't get it. Manning often overthinks and it gets him in trouble.

It's always funny to me when he audibles on every down and just gets the opposing defense and fans even more fired up, then throws a pick.

The guy is a great talent, but like I always say, he puts up huge numbers against bad teams and struggles when it matters most (ARod?) As for smarts, give me a Jake Delhomme type. You're on point with everything else.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CantBelieveIStillLoveThem
    One can study all they like, but if you don't get it, you don't get it. Manning often overthinks and it gets him in trouble.

It's always funny to me when he audibles on every down and just gets the opposing defense and fans even more fired up, then throws a pick.

The guy is a great talent, but like I always say, he puts up huge numbers against bad teams and struggles when it matters most (ARod?) As for smarts, give me a Jake Delhomme type. You're on point with everything else.

how can you argue that peyton manning isnt the most game ready player because of his study skills, if you ask every player in the NFL i think that peyton fears them the most with his knowledge of the other defense

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was thinking with our Quarterback woes, that i could dream of the best QB the jets could have in green and white.. this is how it goes...

Size - Dauntee Culpepper : hes 6'5'' and bigggg!

Heart - Donovan McNabb: after gettin boo'ed draft day by eagles fans, and now this, hes gone a long way

Pretty good stuff except for McNabb's heart. Not to say that he isn't a good QB. But McNabb showed in the superbowl where his heart was.

There is one QB that I have watched that had all those qualities. John Elway...Think about it. Pocket presence, awareness, mobility, arm strength, accuracy, toughness, size, leadership etc

Elway is the best QB that I have ever seen talent wise. Hands down.

All Pro
    Build my perfect QB? I'd just clone Joe Montana and toss on Joe Namath's arm.

Hall Of Fame
    how can you argue that peyton manning isnt the most game ready player because of his study skills, if you ask every player in the NFL i think that peyton fears them the most with his knowledge of the other defense
    I can argue it based on his continuous failure to perform in the playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    palmer............period.

All League
    DONE..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why bother with all that work of putting QBs together?

Perfection thy name is...Tom Brady.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Why bother with all that work of putting QBs together?

Perfection thy name is...Tom Brady.
    we are talking about football, not disco dancing.

All Pro
    John Elway

Super*****/Prom Queen
    My perfect QB is already out there and won a SB, Big Ben Rothlisberger. I know most of you will say the guy just got lucky, but he can take a hit and not afraid to run with the ball. Heck, he even makes defensive tackles when the occasion arises. J.M.H.O. and I would love to have him for the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    we are talking about football, not disco dancing.

Tom Brady has won 3 out of 4 Disco Dancing Championships!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    My perfect QB is already out there and won a SB, Big Ben Rothlisberger. I know most of you will say the guy just got lucky, but he can take a hit and not afraid to run with the ball. Heck, he even makes defensive tackles when the occasion arises. J.M.H.O. and I would love to have him for the Jets.
    Wow taking Big Ben in a thread with Montana and Elway as the other answers....you MUST like him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman
    John Elway
    The funny thing about Elway is how preception changes with two championship rings. Elway was always considered a great talent and HOF, but he also had the loser tag hanging from his neck like a 50 lb lead necklace because of his SB dissapointments.

Add to that the fact that Elway did everything in his power to lose the SB against GB. He had that windmill play that everyone applauds, but beside that he made some real horrible decisions. That game was all about Terrell Davis and he put Elway on his back. Elway had his swan song the next season and played a great SB against the Falcons. That's what we remember. The great games, the big arm, the legs, the comebacks, the two championships. Without those rings, no one would ever make the argument today that he was better than Marino.

Hall Of Fame
    Tom Brady has won 3 out of 4 Disco Dancing Championships!
    Tom Brady won jack sh$t, the NE patriots won 3 out of 4 Disco Dancing Championships! and Tom Brady was......well....disco dancing.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    It's hard to put Big Ben on the list when he played an absolutely putrid game in the SB. Antwan Randle-el was the best QB Pittsburgh had that day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Dauntee Culpepper : hes 6'5'' and bigggg!
    AND HAS NO LEFT KNEE!

GREAT. IF YOU WANT TO WIN THE QUARTERBACK CHALLENGE ON ESPN II.

OR CHOKES LIKE HE DOES

HASN'T WON ANYTHING, NEVER WILL

YES HE TAKES ALOT OF HITS LIKE A GOOD TACKLING DUMMY

HE THREW UP DURING CRUCNCH TIME. NUFF SAID.

NOW YOUR MAKING SENSE

HUH?

Hall Of Fame
    blah blah blah brady is gay blah blah blah brady likes dick blah blah blah