Thread: RB Michael Bennett to be available

Question RB Michael Bennett to be available

Not too long ago, running back Michael Bennett was a real good young RB with tons of speed and potential. People were seeing big things from him.Besides at RB, he was a good return man as well.
    He had some injuries, but is now supposed to be totally healthy.
    With the Saints drafting Reggie Bush, I dont see Bennett getting much playing time.He feels the same way & has asked to be traded. There is talk of his being worth a 4th or 5th rounder.
    Could he help the Jets?
    Is everyone convinced Curtis has 1-2 seasons left? Are the young RB's on the squad close in talent to Bennett? Is his price too high?

Rookie
    I think between Martin, Blaylock, Houston, Leon Washington, and even askew we don't need much more competition there. Besides we have a 4th rounder running back this year . I'd rather see an attempt at filling the fullback spot with the absence of sowell in mind vrs getting another halfback.

Rookie
    Also Bennet probably looked better with Randy Moss on his team...

Banned
    Omg Micheal Bennett?

Banned
    omg yea micheal bennet..

Hall Of Fame
    The guy is just another average dime a dozen runningback, which we have enough of on the roster already. Pass.

Hall Of Fame
    I would rather have a true FB as well, I don't think Bennet would be much help. Does anyone know what happened with Matt Bernstein from WIS? He wasn't drafted and he is a great FB, 270 lbs and can block like a lineman.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    I would rather have a true FB as well, I don't think Bennet would be much help. Does anyone know what happened with Matt Bernstein from WIS? He wasn't drafted and he is a great FB, 270 lbs and can block like a lineman.
    I think were very much thinking of putting Pociask in that role. His scouting report sounds like something you would hear from a Lorenzo Neal.

Strong Points: Pociask is a strong and physical tight end who does a good job of blocking the head-up defensive end on outside runs and can get through to the second level to seal block the linebacker out of the play. He is a smart and versatile player that has been productive as an in-line tight end, H-back and fullback. He does a good job of making the wham/kickout block when he goes in motion and can block the linebacker in the hole well when he pulls and leads up into the hole. He runs sharp and precise routes and does a good job of reaching out and catching the ball with his hands -- he can adjust to make the tough catch.

Weaknesses: Pociask is limited in terms of quickness, explosiveness and playing speed, which limits his big-play ability. He does not explode off the ball and cannot get separation from defenders in the route. His lack of quickness hinders his ability to avoid and release quickly vs. the jam. He does not always run aggressively with the ball and struggles to consistently break tackles and gain yards after contact. He is slightly shorter than ideal at barely over 6-2, so he is not the ideal target down the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    I think were very much thinking of putting Pociask in that role. His scouting report sounds like something you would hear from a Lorenzo Neal.
    Thats right I forgot, he was Berstein teammate you think I might have remembered. I still wonder where he went.

Hall Of Fame
    Just did a quick Google search on him. Looks like hes in Detroit.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/406446

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsVille51
    I think between Martin, Blaylock, Houston, Leon Washington, and even askew we don't need much more competition there.
    Absolutey correct. We are stacked at RB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Just did a quick Google search on him. Looks like hes in Detroit.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/406446
    On that note I am going to bed. I did a search and found out every but that. Thanks