Thread: Anyone going to Nashville for the opener?

Veteran

Anyone going to Nashville for the opener?

Booked my flight yesterday. Got some free tix, so me and some of my LA crew are heading out.

Banned
    my buddy is a titan fan..he wanted me to go down there with him for the opener..I turned him down..I'm so excited about the jets this year that I might do something down there that I might regret..lol..

My wife and I are headed down. I got the game tickets from E-Bay (lower level) and bought the plane tickets just before the fares went up. We are leaving that Friday prior to the game.
    Last edited by timman19; 05-31-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Veteran
    im all booked as well. i booked the flight for 198, booked a hotel across the street from the coliseum and got upper-level seats thru stubhub. and i know that joiseyjet from this site is all set as well. i expect a good turnout for the opener

Hey Jeff...I'm going also! But I'm stopping in MEN-FIS first . Got to do a pilgrimmage to see THE KING. Aint never been to Graceland. I figure its now or never. Renting a red Cadillac convertible, stoppin for Ribs/BBQ, then driving to Nashville on Sat afternoon. Staying at the Sheraton.See you there!

Hall Of Fame
    no, but i did save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico.

Veteran
    Lookin' forward to seeing everyone down here. I believe Bongo is having a big tailgate on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I`m heading out for the opening of the TANGINI ERA,,, looking forwrd to a hell of a party sun night after our victory ,Mr Mawae can stop by after our victory and i`ll buy him a beer for old times sake...lol,.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss
    Hey Jeff...I'm going also! But I'm stopping in MEN-FIS first . Got to do a pilgrimmage to see THE KING. Aint never been to Graceland. I figure its now or never. Renting a red Cadillac convertible, stoppin for Ribs/BBQ, then driving to Nashville on Sat afternoon. Staying at the Sheraton.See you there!
    Graceland is the ****!

I swpent a week in Memphis on biz. Best ribs, hands down - Rendevous. It's down a side alley next to the Holiday Inn, downtown, near the Minor League stadium. Ask around. Also, there's a great breakfast place around the corner - something like "Mom's".

See you there Badniss!

Practice Squad
    I'm really going to try to make it for the opener, but I'm get married the weekend before that in Puerto Rico and I'm not sure it's a financially sound decision to make at this time.
    I think as football season approaches more and more, I will end up going.

Banned
    i want to go so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    i want to go so bad!

The bathroom is down the hall, to the left.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss
    The bathroom is down the hall, to the left.
    that actually made me laugh!

I hear a bunch of us are staying at the downtown Sheraton. That place will be rocking on Sunday night especially if we win. I am keeping my fingers cross that Pennington will make a triumphant return to the Jets and his home state of Tennessee by leading the Jets to an opening day win. One can always hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    that actually made me laugh!

Me too