Thread: Bob Uecker being stalked?

Veteran

Bob Uecker being stalked?

I thought I've seen everything.

Who cares about Bob Uecker? Unbelievable.

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Hall of Fame announcer Bob Uecker filed a restraining order against a woman he contends has been harassing him for years and last week confronted him at a hotel pool over his refusal to assist her charity work.

A hearing is scheduled June 15, according to the Wisconsin Circuit Court Web site. Uecker, the voice of the Milwaukee Brewers for more than 35 years, filed a harassment injunction against Ann E. Ladd on Thursday, as first reported by the investigative Web site The Smoking Gun.

In court filings, the 71-year-old former player said Ladd has been bothering him for six or seven years by sending unsolicited gifts, driving around his home in Wisconsin and having contact with him in various cities.

"In the past year, however, Ladd's pattern of harassment has escalated in frequency and intensity, and has resulted in repeated and serious invasions of my personal privacy," he said.

A message left at Ladd's home on Sunday was not immediately returned. Uecker was announcing the Brewers' game against Washington and was unavailable for comment.

He said the 45-year-old woman from Prospect Heights, Ill., recently approached him on what she said was a charity project involving a manuscript about him.

She persisted, and he said he asked her to leave him alone. The next night at the stadium, Uecker said members of Major League Baseball security and the Pittsburgh police told her not to contact him. She said she didn't realize there was a problem and would stop.

In April, Uecker said Ladd appeared at his autograph session in Milwaukee. She eventually was led away by Miller Park security, documents said. Several weeks later, she accused Uecker in a letter of having a "sneering dislike towards me."

"Both in your broadcast position and somewhat ambassador role, you interact publicly with many people, yet disdainfully I am met with your recurrent coldness," the letter said.

Uecker contends she has made reservations at hotels he has previously used when the Brewers travel to Texas, Chicago and Pittsburgh in the coming months.

Uecker won a World Series ring with the St. Louis Cardinals in 1964 and played in Philadelphia and Atlanta before retiring in 1967. He starred in commercials and the television sitcom Mr. Belvedere.

Hall Of Fame
    He used to be on the Johnny Carson show as a guest quite a bit. He has a different type of humor. You don't know whether he's serious or not.

Banned
    thats funny..

All League
    Shiiit, that's where Mom's been.

Practice Squad
    juuuuuusst a bit outside...tried for the corner and missed. he was great in major league

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by daburghjet
    juuuuuusst a bit outside...tried for the corner and missed. he was great in major league

LOL thats a good one for the favorite movie quote thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daburghjet
    "Anything to add Monty?"
    "Nope"
    "He's not the best color man in the league for nothing folks."

Veteran
    "Well the Indians lose the opener 4-3 as Pedro Cerrano doubles off a bird and gets tagged out administering CPR. It's a funny game, eh Monte?"

Hall Of Fame
    How ****ing bored does a person have too be to stalk Bob Uecker.

All Pro
    I think this might have been Berenger's quote, but I loved "I don't think this one's got the distance". A timeless and often underappreciated movie.