Thread: Rookie Wide Receivers - Career Outlooks

All League

Rookie Wide Receivers - Career Outlooks

The top three receivers taken in the draft this year were Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, and Sinorice Moss. What do you think of each player's future in the NFL?

Out of these three, I think Holmes will be the best player. He proved his game at Ohio St. and will team up with Roethlisberger for a wicked tandem. Jackson has insane speed, but he wasn't remarkable at Florida. I fear that he may be a workout warrior who doesn't live up to expectations in the NFL. Moss can be a solid player. He'll have to make his living as an uber-breakaway threat, much like his brother.

All League
    Holmes might be the most successful, but the Steelers will have to change their scheme for it to happen. Big Ben averages 14 passes a game. Most of those will go to Ward or Miller for the near future.

I'm hoping it's Jackson. With is hands and size, with Brady throwing to him? Particularly if Branch doesn't re-sign next year, Jackson would be the default #1.

All League
    14 completions per game. And that number, along with his attempts, is sure to rise with his maturing game and the departure of the Bus.

All League
    I think Jackson will have the best career out of the three. I think he has the speed, and he definitely has the hands to play in the NFL. I really beleive he will be similar to T.O. in terms of physical avility. He gets bigger every year.

I think Holmes with be solid, he is going to have great coaching just like Jackson. He is a great rout runner and also has great hands.

Moss will be a great addition for Eli, homerun speed. With Burress and Shockey already there, he will be a nice addition to the team.

I really think all three will contribute and have good careers, but I think Jackson will be the stand out of the three.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mryankee90
    The top three receivers taken in the draft this year were Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, and Sinorice Moss. What do you think of each player's future in the NFL?

Out of these three, I think Holmes will be the best player. He proved his game at Ohio St. and will team up with Roethlisberger for a wicked tandem. Jackson has insane speed, but he wasn't remarkable at Florida. I fear that he may be a workout warrior who doesn't live up to expectations in the NFL. Moss can be a solid player. He'll have to make his living as an uber-breakaway threat, much like his brother.
    Jackson will have the best career. Tom Brady will make it happen. Look at Patten who might be cut by the Redskins this year, when he left the Patriots he was a superstar. Watch David Givens production this year if you doubt this.

All League
    Who do you think will make the biggest impact as a rookie?

All Pro
    Has to be Jackson, the Patriots need someone to catch the ball. They only have like 4 WR's and they traded one of them away today. So unless Bill.B has a deal for a WR up his sleeve Jackson has to have a big year.

All League
    Jackson will get the most PT I think, and I think he is ready for the NFL. He would have to be my pick. I think Vermon Davis will have a more impressive year in San Fran, then it would be Jackson in NE. I know Davis is a TE, but I think he will lead all rooks in catches and yards, Jackson will be second.

All League
    I think that Chad Jackson will terrify us for quite some time.

I'm a downvote on Moss and a "wait and see" on Santonio.