Thread: NFL Web TV?

Practice Squad

NFL Web TV?

MLB has MLB.TV where you can watch live games on the Web, (I've heard haven't actually used it). Anyone know if the NFL is going to do something similiar? It would be great for us out of town fans who don't want DirecTV!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OHJet
    MLB has MLB.TV where you can watch live games on the Web, (I've heard haven't actually used it). Anyone know if the NFL is going to do something similiar? It would be great for us out of town fans who don't want DirecTV!
    I doubt it. Theres sunday ticket. That means no $$$ for them if its streamed over the net. And losing $ is a bad thing. Even if its what the people want.

Banned
    Direct TV has exclusive rights to the NFL package... therefore, unless they were willing to do it, no one can. It's the same reason you cant get NFL games with time warner, or optimum online, or whatever company you use.

The NFL likes to give its license to one group for a boatload of money rather than a handful for less from each... (SEE MADDEN)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead
    I doubt it. Theres sunday ticket. That means no $$$ for them if its streamed over the net. And losing $ is a bad thing. Even if its what the people want.
    MLB.TV is a subscriptiton though not a free stream so that isn't an issue. I think the others are right that as long as DirectTV has the monopoly on the NFL Ticket then nothing else can be done unless DirectTV does it.

All Pro
    Didn't know that. I don't follow babeball. Probably because I like to stay awake doing things that arent boring (<- its a wink)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I have NFL Sunday ticket and will be using a Slingbox to broadcast games to my laptop and my soon-to-be purchased Treo 700w smartphone. You can use IP from your Slingbox to view your TV shows on any device with an Internet connection including mobile devices
    Last edited by jetstream23; 06-08-2006 at 07:41 PM.