View Poll Results: Who will be our 3rd string QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brooks Bollinger

23 39.66%
  • Patrick Ramsey

18 31.03%
  • Neither

17 29.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the 3rd string job?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Who will win the 3rd string job?

I say Bollinger. Atleast he's shown some poise and moxy in mini camp. After three days, I've heard nothing but bad things about Ramsey.

Veteran
    IMO, Bollinger also. He has an understanding of the abilities of the WR's that the Jets currently have. He can take the presuure of the New York fans/media in stride. Ramsey has only 1 year left on his contract, so if he's NOT a Jet on opening day, not much will be missed. The emergence of Clemens is making it extremely hard for Ramsey to stay here.

Banned
    warfish in 1..2..3..

I think bollinger will win it too..just from what is being written in the press

Hall Of Fame
    LOL @ winning a 3rd string job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    What's so funny about it? Just a couple days ago many people thought Ramsey was going to be our starter. Now we're not even sure if he'll make the roster.

Rookie
    I think SAR 1 has a better chance to win the 3rd string job then either of them

Veteran
    I would love to see Bollinger be our 3rd man...he was good last year given the circumstances. If a line is in front of him, his height won't be an issue and he won't have many batted passed. I think he would be a good third stringer to keep around for many years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets4life335
    I think SAR 1 has a better chance to win the 3rd string job then either of them
    Between Cheerleading Classes at USC and trips to Cardinals Camp to check on Leinert will he have the time??

Hall Of Fame
    Bollinger, He had a great start at QB last year being thrown to the wolves like that . I think he comes in highly motivated.

Practice Squad
    I Voted That Ramsey Because He Has More Experience And Imo Is A Better Player. I Hope We Don't Get To See Neither Of Them Play This Season.

All League
    Let me get this straight...

Whoever your picking, you think is the worse of the two. Or has Clemens already secured the starter/backup spot? Has Pennington already secured the starter/backup spot?

Those of you that say Bollinger, are saying that Ramsey is better than Bollinger. Unless you have Penny and Clemens as the top two already.

Confusing Poll.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    What's so funny about it? Just a couple days ago many people thought Ramsey was going to be our starter. Now we're not even sure if he'll make the roster.
    wrong, warfish thought he would be a starter, the rest of us objective fans realize he has a 25% chance of winning the job, along with the other 3, apparently those chances have gone down a bit though...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Neither, our #3 will be Clemens. Chad or Ramsey starts, the other backs him up. Bollinger stays as a 4th QB possibly.

Still just opinion, of course.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Neither, our #3 will be Clemens. Chad or Ramsey starts, the other backs him up. Bollinger stays as a 4th QB possibly.

Still just opinion, of course.

I think that's the obvious outcome, by far. Like NY Sportsfan, I don't understand this poll.

All Pro
    I agree with Warfish...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pask10
    I Voted That Ramsey Because He Has More Experience And Imo Is A Better Player. I Hope We Don't Get To See Neither Of Them Play This Season.
    Do you really need to capitalize every first letter of a word?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    wrong, warfish thought he would be a starter, the rest of us objective fans realize he has a 25% chance of winning the job, along with the other 3, apparently those chances have gone down a bit though...
    So a 5-day mini-camp is that important in determining who starts in September?

Let me give you a little hint, anything that has happened over the past week means diddly-squat on who will start in September.

Practice Squad
    i cant wait for september.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Thats what I was thinking, YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! I won last place on the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sportsfan
    Let me get this straight...

Whoever your picking, you think is the worse of the two. Or has Clemens already secured the starter/backup spot? Has Pennington already secured the starter/backup spot?

Those of you that say Bollinger, are saying that Ramsey is better than Bollinger. Unless you have Penny and Clemens as the top two already.

Confusing Poll.
    I think it will either be Pennington or Clemens who gets the starting job and whichever one doesn't win the job will be the primary backup. I've heard great things about Clemens and it sounds like Pennington is healthy. Meanwhile, I've heard that Ramsey has been very frustrated and has missed wide open receivers in mini camp.

Bollinger has more chemistry with the Jets receivers and showed promise last year considering he had no running game and no offensive line. It's also been reported that he looked solid in camp.

My projected QB lineup for next season:

1. Chad Pennington
    2. Kellen Clemens
    3. Brooks Bollinger

I think Ramsey is the odd man out. I don't see why it's a confusing poll. Clemens and Chad are virtually guaranteed to be on the roster and I doubt that the Jets carry four QB's this season.