Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Virginia beach??

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,241

    Virginia beach??

    Anyone know about Virginia Beach area?? Looking at some real estate on line ...And prices seem reasonable , also seems like there are alot of town homes and condos....Most of these properties seem to say south central, or south west...??????

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80
    Anyone know about Virginia Beach area?? Looking at some real estate on line ...And prices seem reasonable , also seems like there are alot of town homes and condos....Most of these properties seem to say south central, or south west...??????
    Run screaming in the other direction. As fast as you can.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Valley Stream
    Posts
    4,403
    super deep south

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShot
    super deep south
    Copy Cat. Get yer own Avatar idea, eh?

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80
    Anyone know about Virginia Beach area?? Looking at some real estate on line ...And prices seem reasonable , also seems like there are alot of town homes and condos....Most of these properties seem to say south central, or south west...??????
    I was born and raised in VA beach until I turned 26 but I dont know to much about real estate. My sister does real estate down there and I will get ahold of her and get back with you to see what she has to say. I have done a little research on my hometown lately b/c we plan on moving back there next year and I know It is very expensive. PS.. I will get back with you on this shortly JETS 80.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    VA Beach has gone to hell. But then again, so has all of southeastern Virginia. Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, etc.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC
    I was born and raised in VA beach until I turned 26 but I dont know to much about real estate. My sister does real estate down there and I will get ahold of her and get back with you to see what she has to say. I have done a little research on my hometown lately b/c we plan on moving back there next year and I know It is very expensive. PS.. I will get back with you on this shortly JETS 80.


    Thanks...Realtor.com has town homes 1300- 1600 sq ft going for 145,000. to 170,000...Just wondering about the areas...

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    VA Beach has gone to hell. But then again, so has all of southeastern Virginia. Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, etc.
    What?? They built a huge mall called the Mccarther MALL in downtown Norfolk a few years ago. They also redeveloped the TIDEWATER DR. area with a ton of CONDOS everywhere. The Chesapeake area around GREENBRIER MALL is growing also. I think I know what your talking about when you say the VB area has gone to hell but there is crime everywhere if thats what you mean.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    14,874
    I used to go to VB, but there's a real gangsta mentality prevalent right now. A good friend still lives there but I've no plans to go back anytime soon.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I used to go to VB, but there's a real gangsta mentality prevalent right now. A good friend still lives there but I've no plans to go back anytime soon.


    Thanks thats all I needed to hear....

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80
    Thanks thats all I needed to hear....
    Don't listen to these guys. You just have to know where to go (like any other area in the US). My sister is a realtor and says that the Chesapeake area is nice if you have a family. There are alot of military people and their families in that area (not to mention ChesapeakeJet). I personally feel that the area has alot ot offer as far as schools/colleges, jobs, and things to do as a single person or if you are moving with a family. Like I said, I am taking my family back their next year. A suggestion that maybe helpful is if you do find a home/condo that you are interested in go to the city of virginia beach website and you can look up the crime rate for the neighborhood that you are interested in. If you have kids go to familywatchdog.com and you can see how many sex offenders are living near that area. Hope this helps

  12. #12
    Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC
    Don't listen to these guys.
    Why not? I used to really enjoy VB. Places like Hammerheads, Abbey Road, The Boathouse and the bar-out-on-the-pier were fun. Now it's all just kids looking for a fight. Can't enjoy yourself if your head has to be on a swivel watching your back all the time. Like I said, I can go back and stay for free any time I want. No thanks. Things have changed drastically. You should go and see for yourself before committing to living there. It's really a shame what's become of what used to be a really cool spot.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 06-19-2006 at 07:14 PM.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,241
    Just booked five nights on the beach in July....I am brining my daughter and her friend they are 14...I am hoping they could go to the beach on their own.....Please don't tell me that I am gonna have to worry about them...

  14. #14
    Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80
    Just booked five nights on the beach in July....I am brining my daughter and her friend they are 14...I am hoping they could go to the beach on their own.....Please don't tell me that I am gonna have to worry about them...
    I'm guessing they'd be fine if they stayed on the beach. DO NOT let them out on the strip at night.
    BTW, I'd love to hear that I'm wrong and things have changed back. Do report back.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 06-19-2006 at 08:02 PM.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider Club Member
    Tailgate King

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    97

    Myrtle Beach is the place

    Jets80

    Look into Myrtle Beach. I have purchased a townhome and a condo in the last year. The place is on the up and up.

    1700 SF 200,000 Townhome with lots of great benifits. Beach Club, Golf Memb. Pools Etc...
    1300 SF Condo 165,000

    Good rental market also.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee
    Jets80

    Look into Myrtle Beach. I have purchased a townhome and a condo in the last year. The place is on the up and up.

    1700 SF 200,000 Townhome with lots of great benifits. Beach Club, Golf Memb. Pools Etc...
    1300 SF Condo 165,000

    Good rental market also.

    Thanks I am gonna check it out now....

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    347
    stay away from the entire region... too much transient us navy traffic. the above poster is correct about myrtle beach... pretty hot area.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee
    Jets80

    Look into Myrtle Beach. I have purchased a townhome and a condo in the last year. The place is on the up and up.

    1700 SF 200,000 Townhome with lots of great benifits. Beach Club, Golf Memb. Pools Etc...
    1300 SF Condo 165,000

    Good rental market also.

    Looks great...prices are nice, my wife don't think as northerners we would be welcome....I say bull****...

  19. #19
    Thats a real shame to hear about the beach,worked in the Cavalier hotel as a kid and partied most nights,we never had any hassle except over the women.Remember thinking how strange you couldnt eat,drink,smoke on the beach and after 8.30 there was security up and down the beach on bikes so it was kept empty.Virginia a great state though..

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Why not? I used to really enjoy VB. Places like Hammerheads, Abbey Road, The Boathouse and the bar-out-on-the-pier were fun. Now it's all just kids looking for a fight. Can't enjoy yourself if your head has to be on a swivel watching your back all the time. Like I said, I can go back and stay for free any time I want. No thanks. Things have changed drastically. You should go and see for yourself before committing to living there. It's really a shame what's become of what used to be a really cool spot.
    its like that in tons of urban areas. you should visit and research before you buy real estate anywhere anyways, but every area has its good and bad sections...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us