Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Best bars, restaurants, activities on LBI?

JetsInsider.com Legend

OT: Best bars, restaurants, activities on LBI?

I will be vacationing on Long Beach Island, NJ in 2 weeks. Looking for recommendations on fun things to do, good restaurants, clubs/bars, etc. in the Surf City area. We'll be renting a house for the week. Thanks!

Banned
    I think nardy's closed last year or the year before..that place was always fun..other than that..sorry..I haven't been there since 95..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    I will be vacationing on Long Beach Island, NJ in 2 weeks. Looking for recommendations on fun things to do, good restaurants, clubs/bars, etc. in the Surf City area. We'll be renting a house for the week. Thanks!
    Nardi's by far. I'll be there last week of July! WooHoo!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    I think nardy's closed last year or the year before..that place was always fun..other than that..sorry..I haven't been there since 95..
    It was open last year. The Swinging Johnsons were playing there last July.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville
    It was open last year. The Swinging Johnsons were playing there last July.
    wow..I heard it was sold..didn't know that they kept the name..I dont know if nardi still owns it though..I almost got thrown out of that place in 95 but didn't..my friend did though ..lol..

All Pro
    wow..I heard it was sold..didn't know that they kept the name..I dont know if nardi still owns it though..I almost got thrown out of that place in 95 but didn't..my friend did though ..lol..
    Maybe it did but they kept the name. It is a fun, rowdy type place with the coldest beer in the world. I love it.

Banned
    Maybe it did but they kept the name. It is a fun, rowdy type place with the coldest beer in the world. I love it.
    and 100 yards down the side street is the atlantic ocean..our house used to be at the very end of that street..crawling distance from nardi's..

Veteran
    Dice tables at AC are about a half hour away...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetspride
    ah yes..I forgot about that too..

All Pro
    and 100 yards down the side street is the atlantic ocean..our house used to be at the very end of that street..crawling distance from nardi's..
    I was pissed last year. We come up every year as my family gets together every summer there. We had a house a block away from Nardi's and the damn thing caught fire the first hour we were there. We then had to take a house on the bay about 2 miles south with no yard. It sucked.

I wanted to stumble home from Nardi's last year too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetspride
    Well, not really. You have to drive north to get off the island and then back south after you get to the GSP. Probably 45 minutes to an hour, according to where you are on the island. The funny thing is at the furthest point south, you can see AC from there but it is the farthest point to drive from.

Banned
    I was pissed last year. We come up every year as my family gets together every summer there. We had a house a block away from Nardi's and the damn thing caught fire the first hour we were there. We then had to take a house on the bay about 2 miles south with no yard. It sucked.

I wanted to stumble home from Nardi's last year too.
    wow..at least you didn't get blamed for that..I dont like the fact that none of the houses on the beach have air conditioning..that used to get me

All League
    im in lbi all summer long and cant "legally" hit the bar scene for another 2 years but i do know where a lot of people go...

the sea shell in beach haven is one... not really close to surf city though

nardis and joe pops are always popular as well

theres a million other things to do there... a lot of restaurants of course but those have gotten pricey and bay village in beach haven is always a fun time to just hang out...

all the action is at the south side of the island to tell you the truth

All Pro
    wow..at least you didn't get blamed for that..I dont like the fact that none of the houses on the beach have air conditioning..that used to get me
    That's what caused the fire. We came in and they had about 6 or 7 AC's in the house and it overloaded the system but the breakers didn't work. My son and nephew were upstairs where the fire was and luckily when my son saw the smoke he grabbed his cousin and went down to tell someone and everyone got out. The bastard owner had someone come in, fix just the area that burnt out and put the house back in business 2 weeks later. Someone will eventually get killed because of that cheap SOB.

Banned
    That's what caused the fire. We came in and they had about 6 or 7 AC's in the house and it overloaded the system but the breakers didn't work. My son and nephew were upstairs where the fire was and luckily when my son saw the smoke he grabbed his cousin and went down to tell someone and everyone got out. The bastard owner had someone come in, fix just the area that burnt out and put the house back in business 2 weeks later. Someone will eventually get killed because of that cheap SOB.
    do you know how much that jerkoff makes every summer from renting that house out??in 1995 it was like 3,000 for a week,god knows what it is now..that is unbelievable..I would have thought about calling arnold diaz on him..
    cheap bastard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    do you know how much that jerkoff makes every summer from renting that house out??in 1995 it was like 3,000 for a week,god knows what it is now..that is unbelievable..I would have thought about calling arnold diaz on him..
    cheap bastard
    Yeah, tell me about it. It's costing me $4,500 for the week but it's got 4 bedrooms, flat screen TVs, its clean and modern....plus it is 3 houses from the beach

Thanks for the suggestions on Nardi's. I'll have to find that place. Is it in Surf City? Address? Hopefully it's walking distance for me too.

All League
    Yeah, tell me about it. It's costing me $4,500 for the week but it's got 4 bedrooms, flat screen TVs, its clean and modern....plus it is 3 houses from the beach

Thanks for the suggestions on Nardi's. I'll have to find that place. Is it in Surf City? Address? Hopefully it's walking distance for me too.
    nah its in haven beach... so youll have to go down a bit... they do have a pink bus that drives the drunks home dont know if it goes to surf city

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    nah its in haven beach... so youll have to go down a bit... they do have a pink bus that drives the drunks home dont know if it goes to surf city
    Yeah, I just pulled it up on Google Earth and its down LBI a bit from where I'll be. Hope you're not pulling my leg on that bus thing.....If I end up getting drunk and hopping on a pink bus that takes everyone to gay bars you're a dead man! LOL

Banned
    Yeah, I just pulled it up on Google Earth and its down LBI a bit from where I'll be. Hope you're not pulling my leg on that bus thing.....If I end up getting drunk and hopping on a pink bus that takes everyone to gay bars you're a dead man! LOL

dude..I walked 3 miles down long beach boulevard from nardi's one night when we couldn't get a house close enough..it's not that bad of a walk if your with a group.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I haven't been to LBI since 89. Used to live there in the summer. Used to spend my summers working at Crane's. Great place. At least it was 20 yrs. ago.