Thread: PASS DEF. on ESPN tonight

All Pro

PASS DEF. on ESPN tonight

The Jets should be in the top 15 or even top ten in the nfl when it comes to pass defense. Last year the jets were good against the pass and were bad against the run but that was last year so you never know they might rank us 30 uot of 32 teams .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC
    The Jets should be in the top 15 or even top ten in the nfl when it comes to pass defense. Last year the jets were good against the pass and were bad against the run but that was last year so you never know they might rank us 30 uot of 32 teams .
    If I know ESPN (and I watch enough it to know), they will probably paint their typical doom and gloom portrait and say that the loss of Donnie H and Ty Law outweigh the gain of Sutton/Mangini and Dyson and they'll rank us between 25th and 30th. Mark my words.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    If I know ESPN (and I watch enough it to know), they will probably paint their typical doom and gloom portrait and say that the loss of Donnie H and Ty Law outweigh the gain of Sutton/Mangini and Dyson and they'll rank us between 25th and 30th. Mark my words.
    So far so good.

Banned
    Wow, they actually have us ranked somewhere above 22 in something.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Wow, they actually have us ranked somewhere above 22 in something.
    Its shocking but no worry we're sitting good at 20

Rookie
    Its probably cause we have such a young pass. def.

Hall Of Fame
    20th isn't so good. but it may be accurate.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I like the players in our secondary. I think it's a talented group of players. I'm more worried about the pass-rush now that JAbe is gone and how that will affect the pass defense. Corners, even the best, can only cover a receiver for so long.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You know something, if they ever rate punters in this daily rankings thing, we might actually break in to the top half of one of these lists.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    I like the players in our secondary. I think it's a talented group of players. I'm more worried about the pass-rush now that JAbe is gone and how that will affect the pass defense. Corners, even the best, can only cover a receiver for so long.
    We didn't need Abe anymore. He's too small to play DE in the 3-4 and doesn't have the run stopping ability or coverage skills needed as an OLB.

I think that Ellis and Kimo are two VERY GOOD 3-4 ends. They're both excellent at tying up blockers and Shaun is a pretty good passrusher. The guy had 8 1/2 sacks during his roookie season in the 3-4 which is pro-bowl caliber for a 3-4 end.

As long as Robertson or Pouha can hold down the NT spot, we should have a very solid defensive line.

I still think we need a good rusher at OLB. I for one think Ahmad Brooks would be a good option for us in the supplemental draft. I know I'm in the minority, but his character issues aren't as bad as everyone thinks. He's not T.O. or Ricky Williams. He's already had 4 years of experience in the 3-4 and could step in immediately.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    20th isn't so good. but it may be accurate.
    SS and FS= good
    CB's= #2 corners if you put them on another team. dyson, miller, and barrett need to have good years before you can rank the secondary above 20.