Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: If Chad Pennington does good this year as the Jets QB, How many more years...

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    968

    If Chad Pennington does good this year as the Jets QB, How many more years...

    If Chad Pennington does good this year as the Jets QB, How many more years
    Does he have left being the Jets starting QB (providing he doesnt get hurt)? and i know that is impossiable to know but just take a crack at it. I say if he does good 2-4.
    Last edited by Martin&theJets; 07-09-2006 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,678
    One year. No matter how well he performs, the Jets will not pay the $2 million bonus and tag Clemens as the future, starting him opening day 2007. Chad will move on to All-Pro status for another franchise.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd
    One year. No matter how well he performs, the Jets will not pay the $2 million bonus and tag Clemens as the future, starting him opening day 2007. Chad will move on to All-Pro status for another franchise.
    I think "nomater how well he performs" is a strong statement.. Obviously if Chad is injury free and we go 6-10 or worse then i see Chad going.. But if we make the playoffs - due to the play of Chad and his leading the offense then i can see a deal reworked for him to stay... I can;t see them handing the reigns over to Clemens next year just because of money situation..

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    I think "nomater how well he performs" is a strong statement.. Obviously if Chad is injury free and we go 6-10 or worse then i see Chad going.. But if we make the playoffs - due to the play of Chad and his leading the offense then i can see a deal reworked for him to stay... I can;t see them handing the reigns over to Clemens next year just because of money situation..
    Hey am as big a Jets fan as there is but lets face it that ain't happening. I think one but could see it being a little more if he has a great year but lets face it folks Tangini did not spend a second round pick on a player that is going to sit.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    IMO It does not matter how long I would give a paycheck just to see one awsome 2003 like year.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by redisnI steJ
    IMO It does not matter how long I would give a paycheck just to see one awsome 2003 like year.
    2003?

    That's when PennyBoy had that little boo-boo on his wrist.

    He did squat in 2003.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    2003?

    That's when PennyBoy had that little boo-boo on his wrist.

    He did squat in 2003.
    My Bad I was thinking of the year he held the title for Qb's I'll have to refer to my library...........BRB with the proper Year...........

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Quote Originally Posted by redisnI steJ
    My Bad I was thinking of the year he held the title for Qb's I'll have to refer to my library...........BRB with the proper Year...........
    No worries bro, he knows you were talking about 2002.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    If Chad has a great, injury free season then he'll be our starter for as long as he performs at a high level.

    People who think Clemens will automatically be handed the starting job in a year or two are nuts. If Pennington performs well and makes us a competitive team again, then he won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Mangini isn't stupid.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    No worries bro, he knows you were talking about 2002.
    Buzz, what makes you think that?

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Buzz, what makes you think that?
    LOL - You know more about the Jets than a lot of Jet fans. Deep down inside, I know you'd like to see them succeed and get another ring someday. As long as the Pats were eliminated of course

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    No worries bro, he knows you were talking about 2002.
    Thanks Buzz........2002 Chad Pennington Att 399, Comp 275, Pct Comp 68.9
    Yds 3,120, Long 47, TD 22, Pct TD 5.5, Rating Points 104.2..........

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    If Chad has a great, injury free season then he'll be our starter for as long as he performs at a high level.

    People who think Clemens will automatically be handed the starting job in a year or two are nuts. If Pennington performs well and makes us a competitive team again, then he won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Mangini isn't stupid.
    I live in the South, went to Marshall (hence GCHERD) so I can't claim to know how much influence Jets fans actually have on franchise decisions but I feel unless Chad comes out this year at an All-Pro level and leads the Jets to the playoffs (which is unfair considering the many holes on the Jets team) then the Jets fans uproar to start Clemens in 2007 will be overwhelming for Mangini.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by redisnI steJ
    Thanks Buzz........2002 Chad Pennington Att 399, Comp 275, Pct Comp 68.9
    Yds 3,120, Long 47, TD 22, Pct TD 5.5, Rating Points 104.2..........
    Bradyback Mountain can only dream of a year like that!!!

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,552
    My sentiment on this issue is conflicted. I think most fans want Pennington to succeed. But should actually complete this season, then the challenge will be for him to complete two season....and so on and so forth.

    In 2006, he will have to endure more scrutiny than last year, with every hit he endures, all of us fans will be waiting with baited breath to see if he emerges unhurt; every pass will be dissected to determine velocity and distance as an indicator of his health. Every game he plays may be seen as a delay of the inevitable.

    Second guessing Pennington this season may simply become a de facto second guessing of Mangini and his staff. That amount of pressure may become very formidable to overcome.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by redisnI steJ
    Thanks Buzz........2002 Chad Pennington Att 399, Comp 275, Pct Comp 68.9
    Yds 3,120, Long 47, TD 22, Pct TD 5.5, Rating Points 104.2..........
    4th quarter QB rating versus the Raiders in the playoffs:

    4.5

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lynbrook, NY
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    4th quarter QB rating versus the Raiders in the playoffs:

    4.5
    Pfffftttt....

    Like that stat means anything. The QB Rating stat is the most useless stat there is!

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sportsfan
    Pfffftttt....

    Like that stat means anything. The QB Rating stat is the most useless stat there is!
    I was really waiting for that one.

    Congrats, NY Sportsfan, very well done.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lynbrook, NY
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I was really waiting for that one.

    Congrats, NY Sportsfan, very well done.


    Kinda hard not to remember that response after every time you respond to someone blabbering on about 2002 Chad.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    brooklyn,ny
    Posts
    1,882
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sportsfan


    Kinda hard not to remember that response after every time you respond to someone blabbering on about 2002 Chad.
    i think tx got a crush on pennington...lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us