Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets News

JetsInsider.com Legend

Jets News

For the people who want to actually talk about FOOTBALL.

Jets | Bollinger in the mix
    Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:22:29 -0700
    Kevin Free, of the Grand Forks Herald, reports New York Jets QB Brooks Bollinger is ready for training camp where he will battle QBs Chad Pennington, Patrick Ramsey and Kellen Clemens for the team's starting quarterback job. The Jets have three quarterbacks with starting experience and another who is projected to be an NFL starter one day. "It's competition," Bollinger said after a session of his Bollinger QB and Receiver School last week. "It's great to get the opportunity to get the chance to get reps in this league and to be competing." Bollinger started nine games for the Jets in 2005. It's one of those things where you have four capable guys," Bollinger said. "I've never heard of it. I'm sure it's happened before, but. ..." Bollinger said he has no idea what first-year Jets head coach Eric Mangini has in mind at quarterback. Mangini has said it will be an open competition between the four players.

Jets | New stadium costs rising
    Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:18:02 -0700
    The Associated Press reports new plans show the new football stadium that will be home to the New York Giants and New York Jets will be slightly bigger than expected with an additional 2,500 seats. The cost to build the stadium is expected to increase to between $1.1 billion and $1.2 billion, mostly due to rising construction costs. An earlier price tag had been $1 billion. The stadium would have 82,500 seats, adding another 1,500 club seats and 1,000 more general admission seats. The stadium would also be about 20 feet taller than initially planned. The commission will hold three sessions July 12, during which the public will have the chance to comment on the environmental impact of the project, notably traffic and air quality, Representatives from both the teams and the sports authority will give presentations at the hearing. Carl Goldberg, chairman of the sports authority, said he expects the final agreement between the teams and the state to be signed this summer.

JetsFan2012
    Bollinger has to feel like the odd man out at this point... if he doesn't make the team someone else will pick him up. You can't argue with the value of experience he gained last season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Jets | Bollinger in the mix
    Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:22:29 -0700
    Kevin Free, of the Grand Forks Herald, reports New York Jets QB Brooks Bollinger is ready for training camp where he will battle QBs Chad Pennington, Patrick Ramsey and Kellen Clemens for the team's starting quarterback job. The Jets have three quarterbacks with starting experience and another who is projected to be an NFL starter one day. "It's competition," Bollinger said after a session of his Bollinger QB and Receiver School last week. "It's great to get the opportunity to get the chance to get reps in this league and to be competing." Bollinger started nine games for the Jets in 2005. It's one of those things where you have four capable guys," Bollinger said. "I've never heard of it. I'm sure it's happened before, but. ..." Bollinger said he has no idea what first-year Jets head coach Eric Mangini has in mind at quarterback. Mangini has said it will be an open competition between the four players.
    the only mix bolly will be in is for a roster spot, competing with ramsey and penny. if he by chance makes the team, he will be last on the depth chart, no question.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Bollinger has to feel like the odd man out at this point... if he doesn't make the team someone else will pick him up. You can't argue with the value of experience he gained last season.
    I really hope he does get picked up if we cut him. The kid has a lot of heart and determination, no doubt.

All Pro
    But he must feel a little better with Ramsey stinking up the joint at the last practice sessions. Ramsey better shape up or ship out..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    But he must feel a little better with Ramsey stinking up the joint at the last practice sessions. Ramsey better shape up or ship out..
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather Bollinger make the roster over Ramsey. Atleast Brooks showed a ton of guts last season and I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with a good running game and an actual NFL caliber O-line in front of him

All Pro
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather Bollinger make the roster over Ramsey. Atleast Brooks showed a ton of guts last season and I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with a good running game and an actual NFL caliber O-line in front of him
    Same here , Bollinger to me is still a big ? We already have a idea what Ramsey is all about. Bollinger does have a nice touch on the ball and I would like to see what he can do with a better O-line and some run support.

Veteran
    I really hope he does get picked up if we cut him. The kid has a lot of heart and determination, no doubt.
    Maybe he isn't a starting caliber QB but something has to be said for heart and determination. What he did last year, after he was thrown in there with little to no NFL expierence.
    He gave 110% and really showed his will on that field. I really hope his game has improved so he makes a roster spot.
    If he does get cut i have faith that he will be picked up by someone. Remember, what we saw of him last year was with a team torn apart by injuries. On a team with some talent around him to work with... Who knows, he could be a solid back up on alot of teams.
    I mean look at the bills roster, he could probably start lol

Veteran
    Agree 100%

BTW thank you for starting something football related! Your my hero right now lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322
    Maybe he isn't a starting caliber QB but something has to be said for heart and determination. What he did last year, after he was thrown in there with little to no NFL expierence.
    He gave 110% and really showed his will on that field. I really hope his game has improved so he makes a roster spot.
    If he does get cut i have faith that he will be picked up by someone. Remember, what we saw of him last year was with a team torn apart by injuries. On a team with some talent around him to work with... Who knows, he could be a solid back up on alot of teams.
    I mean look at the bills roster, he could probably start lol
    I definately agree.

He may never be starting material, but I think he could absolutely be a good #2 option on a team that runs a west coast offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322
    Agree 100%

BTW thank you for starting something football related! Your my hero right now lol
    What can I say, I saved the day.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40

the only way to tell will be how they play in the preseason games against other teams

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the only way to tell will be how they play in the preseason games against other teams
    I know, but I just don't have any hope left for Ramsey.

Living in Virginia where Redskin football is the absolute cream of the sporting crop, I can tell you that from watching this dude play multiple times, his confidence is shattered.

He just doesn't believe in himself. This is one of the few topics that me and Warfish actually agree upon on the talk of Patrick Ramsey.

He has all the tools, but none of the intangibles.

All Pro
    I know ,that is what scares me, if he's having problems against his own teammates ,how can I believe he is going to take a complete 360 in a preseason
    game.I"m not rooting against the guy , I want the best qb to win ,but I don't also want no bench warmers who don't have a chance using up cap space.

Banned

I think chipshot...DOH!!!

no..I agree with you on this one..ramsey better mind his pee's and q's or he is going to see hempstead in his rear view mirror..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

BOLLINGER

I've said this before and i'll state it again. Brooks Bollinger should be retained atleast until the final cuts. Injuries are always a factor and to me, Pennington's always a a question mark. I don't think that Bollinger is a front line star type quarterback but last season, He proved to me that he can at the very least play in this league. He's a nice backup. He's tough, smart and has some decent tools. He has some mobility and he's a good teammate. After watching what happened last year to The Jets QB's, keeping 4 QB's is not such a bad idea. The only downfall to it is getting each QB the proper amount of reps.

THE JETS/GIANTS STADIUM

The good news recently is the train line being set up to go to the stadium directly. In the past, If you didn't want to drive to the game and were coming from the city. You'd have to take trains and buses just to get to the stadium. A train line from Manhattan to Jersey, makes the trip very easy for new yorkers who want to avoid all the traffic that comes with driving from new york to jersey.

Veteran
    I really don't think its a guaruntee that Bollinger gets cut and Ramsey gets a roster spot. We gave up a lowly 6th round pick for Ramsey. I feel that Mangini has no qualms (sp?) of cutting either man, if need be. I'm rooting for Bollinger, but at the end of preseason I wanna see the best 3 qb's on our roster (actually 2) cuz regardless of how much Clemens stinks it up, he's not going anywhere.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I would like to see them battle it out during preseason. Both were dealt poor hands last year. Bollinger had no O-line, and none of the other 3 QBs fared better. Bollinger coud at least move the ball, while Vinny looked awful. Gibbs had no faith in Ramsey. Mangini keeps saying the best will play, and I like it. Brady was young when he started, and Belli let Bledsoe go. Even though we knocked Bledsoe out of the game to give Brady a shot, there is some precedent in letting someone else start. I would just like to see the best QB open the season.

I like Chad because he can win games, even with a weak arm. Whether he can stay healthy is another question. Bollinger played under alot of pressure, with no O-line. Lets see what happens when he has some time. Ramsey did not get to play. Clemens is a real wild card who could start the season. I think the QB position will be solid this year. This competition will be good for the Jets, especially if there is an injury.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Brooks Bollinger will never start another game in the NFL.

Patrick Ramsey will.

Bollinger did nothing to improve his standing in Camp. Nor did Ramsey do anything to sink his.

Take the media reports with a BIG grain of salt. They sell papers with controvery, not truth.

We'll all see soon enough when Camp and Pre-Season opens up.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Brooks Bollinger will never start another game in the NFL.

Patrick Ramsey will.

Bollinger did nothing to improve his standing in Camp. Nor did Ramsey do anything to sink his.

Take the media reports with a BIG grain of salt. They sell papers with controvery, not truth.

We'll all see soon enough when Camp and Pre-Season opens up.

gotta agree with warfish. only time will tell, and Mangini has no allegiance to Brooks whatsoever.