Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Touble in Fin-land?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534

    Touble in Fin-land?

    From PFT:
    JASON TAYLOR'S WIFE FILES FOR DIVORCE

    In a development that could create a strange dynamic in the Miami Dolphins' locker room during the 2006 season, Greg Bedard of the Palm Beach Post reports that the wife of defensive end Jason Taylor has filed for divorce. Taylor's wife is also the sister of Dolphins middle linebacker Zach Thomas.

    Bedard reports that Taylor has not responded to his wife's petition for divorce. Citing unnamed sources, Bedard also reports that the Taylors are attempting to reconcile. The couple has three young children.

    "My wife and I love each other very much and with our focus being on our children, we would like to keep this as a personal matter," Jason Taylor said in a statement. "We appreciate everyone's respect for our privacy."

    Thomas and Taylor have been teammates since 1997. Thomas is under contract through 2008, and Taylor through 2009.

    It's got the potential to be a huge mess, in our view, if the Taylors can't reconcile and if the proceedings become contentious.

    Think of it this way -- how awkward would it be this season in the Giants' locker room if Michael Strahan's estranged wife had a brother on the team?


  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    5,161
    "I know all there is to know about the crying game ... "

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Not sure how one player getting a divorce means trouble for the Dolphins but this is newsworthy I guess.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,278
    F*ck this bull****, like i give a crap about Taylor getting divorced. GOOD. That motherf*cker needs some drama in his life. Post about something more interesting and meaningful to this team like a Crap-phin getting a season ending injury. that would be more significant trouble...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Three words for you Jason:

    Uue Von Schamann

    SAR I

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York (Where life Began)
    Posts
    4,279
    Taylor has been secretly seeing Strahan.

    It's probably time for the soon to be ex-wives to get together and show the boys how it's done.

    Oh yeah....

    No No No No!!!!!!

    That's wrong.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    10,890
    another thread about this was locked by sooth...FYI

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    another thread about this was locked by sooth...FYI
    Damn change your avitar already. I suggest...


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    10,890
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Damn change your avitar already. I suggest...


  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCRW
    F*ck this bull****, like i give a crap about Taylor getting divorced. GOOD. That motherf*cker needs some drama in his life. Post about something more interesting and meaningful to this team like a Crap-phin getting a season ending injury. that would be more significant trouble...
    Not sure how one player getting a divorce means trouble for the Dolphins but this is newsworthy I guess.
    Simple. Jason Taylor is married to Zach Thomas' sister. If the divorce is amicable (and I hope for their sake that it is) then its no problem.

    But what happens if their are allegations of infidelity, or abuse (if - if - if - I am not saying there's any reason to believe thes hypotheticals are accurate). What happens if one of the two tries to play hardball on alimony or a division of property - if Taylor feels the ex is putting the screws to him, or vice versa?

    How does Thomas react? What does that do to the Fins' chemistry? If this divorce gets ugly (and like I said, as a human being I hope it doesn't) there could be real on-field ramifications.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    how lame


    so zach will clip taylor on 3rd down or something ?


    meshawn and chrebet got through their mess, this is nothing

    close thread

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sactown, NorCal
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    Simple. Jason Taylor is married to Zach Thomas' sister. If the divorce is amicable (and I hope for their sake that it is) then its no problem.

    But what happens if their are allegations of infidelity, or abuse (if - if - if - I am not saying there's any reason to believe thes hypotheticals are accurate). What happens if one of the two tries to play hardball on alimony or a division of property - if Taylor feels the ex is putting the screws to him, or vice versa?

    How does Thomas react? What does that do to the Fins' chemistry? If this divorce gets ugly (and like I said, as a human being I hope it doesn't) there could be real on-field ramifications.
    Exactly! I'm not sure everyone read the entire deal! I'm not sure if they play on the same side or not, but there could very well be some serious breakdown between two of the biggest stars on the Fins D if something bad happens in this divorce!

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sactown, NorCal
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    how lame


    so zach will clip taylor on 3rd down or something ?


    meshawn and chrebet got through their mess, this is nothing

    close thread
    What did Keyshawn and Chrebet go through?

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    318
    I don't think they got through it at all, did they? That's why keyshawn's gone?

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,511
    I'm pretty sure Keyshawn wasn't married to Chrebet's sister but other than that the 2 scenarios are EXACTLY the same

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    was there controversy and distraction in the lockerroom with key and the team mascot? yes

    did it effect their performance in the games ? no

    that's the similarity I was referring to


    FYI - key was traded for wanting to re-do his deal two years early, not the book


    besides, zach's sister will be rich, and I don't see any mention of taylor beating her or cheating on her, so what could be the problem, they argue over the plasma TV's ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us