Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Will Carry 4 QBs!

Veteran
    One NEVER forgets the sound/echo when you stepped foot on those COLD stadium benches in Foxboro! Just because something happens in the past, doesn't mean it's meant to be forgotten. McPhereson, Rust........good to know what kinda Pats' Fan we're dealing with here!

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    The problem is... with Penny still on the roster... you HAVE to carry 4 QB's... cause everyone knows at some point hes gonna eventually get tackled, hurt, and ride the pine the rest of the season. Why would Mangini risk having only 2 healthy QB's on his roster... it may not be the case now, but sooner or later Penny is going down again and having just Ramsey and Clemens available doesnt make any sense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 13
    The problem is... with Penny still on the roster... you HAVE to carry 4 QB's... cause everyone knows at some point hes gonna eventually get tackled, hurt, and ride the pine the rest of the season. Why would Mangini risk having only 2 healthy QB's on his roster... it may not be the case now, but sooner or later Penny is going down again and having just Ramsey and Clemens available doesnt make any sense.
    I don't want to pile on the guy, but I would be surprised if anyone picks up Brooks. I suspect that he will still be available.

Hall Of Fame
    You don't HAVE to carry 4 QB's.

If/When Pennington gets hurt then you can always sign a street FA. See: Testaverdae, Vinny or George, Jeff to backup.

No need to waste a rosterspot on a backup emergency QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike
    ? Most teams do not carry 2 Kickers in fact Most teams carry only 1 Kicker and 1 punter. every once in a while you will see a team carry a Kicker who can kick deep on kickoffs and make long FG's but thats is more of an exception not the rule.
    Ummmm. Good one. The statement of mine that you quoted stated the EXACT same thing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    There is absolutely NO NEED for us to carry 4 QB's.

Pennnington/Ramsey/Clemens.

While the odds say Chad could get hurt again, it is VERY unlikely that both Ramsey and Clemens would also go down. Don;t let 2005's bad luck fool you, most teams don't lose three QB's.

Worst case if we lose Chad or one of the others, we could EASILY replace Bollinger with any number of off-the-street FA QB's.

And frankly, Bollinger isn't getting pickup up by anyone anyway, we can always snag him again for tackling dummy service as needed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    You don't HAVE to carry 4 QB's.

If/When Pennington gets hurt then you can always sign a street FA. See: Testaverdae, Vinny or George, Jeff to backup.

No need to waste a rosterspot on a backup emergency QB.
    Exactly, Brooks is gone...
    Don't forget Brad Smith was a QB in college, not a great thrower, but probably no worse than Ray Lucas...
    He can step in an emergency if need be.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    I completely agree, and its not like Brooks is in high demand anywhere, if 1 QB for injured im sure we could pick him up. I say that now, but I have a sinking feeling if we cut him were gonna see him in a KC uniform by week 1. Yes i know they now have Trent Green, Damon Huard, and Brodie Croyle, but its a thing I think Herm would do.

Herm HATED Bollywood. I don't think he'll be in a KC uniform.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan
    Also, why do they need four when they also have a fifth (Smith) for emergency purposes who may be better than the fourth.
    Who is the fourth QB? KC, for all the pro-bowl moments in mini-camp is still #4 and Brad Smith is not better than any of the QBs on the Jets roster. By elevating these rookies to pro bowlers without them even taking a game snap proves you live in a fantasy world where high hopes equal information. Reality and your perception of reality are two different things.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    What would any team give up for Brooks?

Hope!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bronz52
    Who is the fourth QB? KC, for all the pro-bowl moments in mini-camp is still #4 and Brad Smith is not better than any of the QBs on the Jets roster. By elevating these rookies to pro bowlers without them even taking a game snap proves you live in a fantasy world where high hopes equal information. Reality and your perception of reality are two different things.
    Yes, he's a rookie. All I said was he is the fifth QB (for emergency purposes). And yes, he hasn't shown anything yet. But, if it is any indication, his college career was MUCH better than Bollinger's.

In sum, I said he "may" be better than Bollinger. I did not call him a pro-bowler. Cool your jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bronz52

Oh, and by the way, if you believe that they would keep Brooks over Clemens, I want some of what you're smoking.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan
    Oh, and by the way, if you believe that they would keep Brooks over Clemens, I want some of what you're smoking.
    We'll keep all four.

HTH.

All League
    IMO you carry 4Qb's for about 4 weeks . After the first month of the season, you will have a pretty good idea whether Chad will hold up for the entire season. It gives Ramsey another month to put distance between Bolly and himself. I think that you can make a better decision in October....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80
    One NEVER forgets the sound/echo when you stepped foot on those COLD stadium benches in Foxboro! Just because something happens in the past, doesn't mean it's meant to be forgotten. McPhereson, Rust........good to know what kinda Pats' Fan we're dealing with here!
    Even worse sound was when 2 idiots would go at it and someone ended up cracking their skull on the metal bench. Good times.

i can see 4 qb's on the opening day roster. i believe teams

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange
    IMO you carry 4Qb's for about 4 weeks . After the first month of the season, you will have a pretty good idea whether Chad will hold up for the entire season. It gives Ramsey another month to put distance between Bolly and himself. I think that you can make a better decision in October....
    have two weeks to get down to their final roster levels so carrying a fourth qb for at least two weeks probably won't make much difference. besides, bollinger could be the gunner on special teams.

Bollinger sucks, he couldn't start in the World League, the Jets 4th QB will be Brad Smith and he will be playing WR.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTypingJetsFan
    Bollinger sucks, he couldn't start in the World League, the Jets 4th QB will be Brad Smith and he will be playing WR.....
    Give the kid a break! Try playing with a bang up O-line ,no running game, and no imagination and see how far you get.Bollinger has a lot of heart and don't throw
    him out the mix for the 2nd ,3rd or 4th slot.This TC anything can happen.

All League
    I couldn't agree more! If we haven't brought in anyone else then Brooks stays. With Pennington's injury history, you have to have three other QB's just so the coach doesn't have a metal breakdown.

Look what happened last year fella's! Was three QB's enough? NOPE!

All League
    It's not even the pre-season yet! For all we know Pennington could get injured then!