Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Our Offensive Tackles.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538

    Post Our Offensive Tackles.

    Real Football Scouting Report: Offensive Tackles

    Adrian Jones

    Jones became a full-time starter in 2005 due in large part to his athleticism and mobility. He has quick feet and can move well laterally. He rarely gets beaten by speed rushers off the edge and can push pass rushers past the pocket with good leverage and sliding ability. He can reach the second level in the running game and has no trouble hitting the moving target. Jones is a hard-working, improving player who has the tools to develop into an above average NFL starter if he can improve his bulk and strength.

    D’Brickashaw Ferguson

    As a college player, Ferguson was nearly flawless in pass protection and could dominate in the running game with his unique combination of strength and athletic ability. He will be the opening day starter at LT. He has a lot of playing experience and possesses outstanding intangibles. He’s smart, hard-working, and extremely talented in all facets of the position. With added bulk and lower body strength he has the makings of a perennial all-pro.

    Marko Cavka

    Cavka is quick and strong and a good athlete for a man his size. His long arms help keep defenders off his body in pass pro. His ability to move laterally allows him to force pass rushers wide. As a run blocker, his quick first step allows him to get into the defender’s body and engulf opposing players at the LOS. He should benefit from a season in NFL Europe where the extra playing time and technique work should help him land a roster spot as a backup at OT.

    Anthony Clement

    A big, physical mauler in the running game, Clement can engulf defenders and has great natural strength. Has a good initial punch and uses his size to force edge rushers wide. Though he is not starting material, he is a solid backup player who can fill several roles along the O-line.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Real Football Scouting Report: Offensive Tackles

    Adrian Jones

    Jones became a full-time starter in 2005 due in large part to his athleticism and mobility. He has quick feet and can move well laterally. He rarely gets beaten by speed rushers off the edge and can push pass rushers past the pocket with good leverage and sliding ability. He can reach the second level in the running game and has no trouble hitting the moving target. Jones is a hard-working, improving player who has the tools to develop into an above average NFL starter if he can improve his bulk and strength.

    D’Brickashaw Ferguson

    As a college player, Ferguson was nearly flawless in pass protection and could dominate in the running game with his unique combination of strength and athletic ability. He will be the opening day starter at LT. He has a lot of playing experience and possesses outstanding intangibles. He’s smart, hard-working, and extremely talented in all facets of the position. With added bulk and lower body strength he has the makings of a perennial all-pro.

    Marko Cavka

    Cavka is quick and strong and a good athlete for a man his size. His long arms help keep defenders off his body in pass pro. His ability to move laterally allows him to force pass rushers wide. As a run blocker, his quick first step allows him to get into the defender’s body and engulf opposing players at the LOS. He should benefit from a season in NFL Europe where the extra playing time and technique work should help him land a roster spot as a backup at OT.

    Anthony Clement

    A big, physical mauler in the running game, Clement can engulf defenders and has great natural strength. Has a good initial punch and uses his size to force edge rushers wide. Though he is not starting material, he is a solid backup player who can fill several roles along the O-line.
    Nick Mangold will represent the jets in the probowl for years to come.....i think this guy is absolutely the real deal....

  3. #3
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Marko Cavka

    Cavka is quick and strong and a good athlete for a man his size. His long arms help keep defenders off his body in pass pro. His ability to move laterally allows him to force pass rushers wide. As a run blocker, his quick first step allows him to get into the defender’s body and engulf opposing players at the LOS. He should benefit from a season in NFL Europe where the extra playing time and technique work should help him land a roster spot as a backup at OT.
    Let's hope so.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    How many tackles are normally carried on a roster?

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    I can't wait to see Brick in action.

    I can't remember the last time I was so excited to see an offensive lineman play. This dude has everything needed to be a an all-pro LT for many years. His game is tailor made for the modern day NFL.

    DE's are getting smaller and quicker by the year not to mention they're becoming the most sought after position on defense. And D'Brick is built to manhandle those guys. He could truly revolutionize the LT position.

  6. #6
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    How many tackles are normally carried on a roster?
    Four. Left starter, Right starter and 2 back ups. Actually Cavka played LT & RT all through college and I'm hoping Mangini will utilize Marko as a swing back up and relief player to Jones and D'Brick.

    Training camp is going to be a real nail biter for all the starting (and back up) positions. Can't wait.


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Four. Left starter, Right starter and 2 back ups. Actually Cavka played LT & RT all through college and I'm hoping Mangini will utilize Marko as a swing back up and relief player to Jones and D'Brick.

    Training camp is going to be a real nail biter for all the starting (and back up) positions. Can't wait.


    Just curious; what is with you and your obsession (for lack of a better word) with Cavka? I've noticed you talk him up quite a bit, but I never knew why.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Just curious; what is with you and your obsession (for lack of a better word) with Cavka? I've noticed you talk him up quite a bit, but I never knew why.
    Marco bought her a drink in the lounge of the Marriott.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Just curious; what is with you and your obsession (for lack of a better word) with Cavka? I've noticed you talk him up quite a bit, but I never knew why.

    I think she is Cavkas mommy. He still breast feeds.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Marco bought her a drink in the lounge of the Marriott.
    I didn't ask the question to be nasty.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    I didn't ask the question to be nasty.
    Who's being nasty?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Just curious; what is with you and your obsession (for lack of a better word) with Cavka? I've noticed you talk him up quite a bit, but I never knew why.
    Female hormones.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Female hormones.

    Well alrighty then. Back to the topic.

  14. #14
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Just curious; what is with you and your obsession (for lack of a better word) with Cavka? I've noticed you talk him up quite a bit, but I never knew why.
    Because everyone loves and touts the starters on the team. It's the safe choice when rooting for players live Vilma and Coles, but I like to champion the back ups.

    Guys like Cavka, Pouha and the lesser known players that are lucky to get in a few plays a game are my personal favorites and the kind of guys who really need the touting.

    No big whoop.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Because everyone loves and touts the starters on the team. It's the safe choice when rooting for players live Vilma and Coles, but I like to champion the back ups.

    Guys like Cavka, Pouha and the lesser known players that are lucky to get in a few plays a game are my personal favorites and the kind of guys who really need the touting.

    No big whoop.

    You root for the underdog. That's fine, most of us on this board do.

    That's why we're Jets fans

  16. #16
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    You root for the underdog. That's fine, most of us on this board do. That's why we're Jets fans
    Hey, here's a perfect example Worx. Isn't that Vilma in your avatar crushing a football? See, that is a safe choice and a hot pic of Jonathan, but I never see anyone put up pics of the back-ups (except for Arod who happens to like #91 Sione Pouha).

    And yes, I always root for the underdogs. I hope for the best and expect the worst. Can't get hurt with that.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    I never see anyone put up pics of the back-ups (except for Arod who happens to like #91 Sione Pouha).
    Pouha is going to get it done this season. Mark it down.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,798
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Pouha is going to get it done this season. Mark it down.
    Samoan linemen are pretty much the best thing to happen to football. For that very reason, you are correct.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Limo, I thought you told me you dated ( or had a date) with Cavka???

    What's this business about pulling for the lesser known players???

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Pouha is going to get it done this season. Mark it down.
    Well I"m rooting for him to be wild and reckless in the middle.If he becomes that kind of player ,it will be a domino effect to wards the rest of the front seven.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us