Thread: anyone going to the dave matthews show at randall's this weekend?

Practice Squad

anyone going to the dave matthews show at randall's this weekend?

Just wondering if anyone else is going to the DMB show at randall's island this weekend, went last year, was great fun, hope noone pukes next to me like they did at MSG last winter oh well.

AND YES I REALIZE MOST OF YOU HATE DMB AND WILL CALL ME A DANCING NANCY FOR GOING BUT I DONT CARE BESIDES ALOT OF CUTE GIRLS GO

All League
    I'm going Sunday and might go on Saturday if my ebay auctions for my tickets don't pick up. I got lawn seats on Saturday and would rather not go to that show.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z
    I'm going Sunday and might go on Saturday if my ebay auctions for my tickets don't pick up. I got lawn seats on Saturday and would rather not go to that show.

I have lawn as well, i had lawn last year, it was okay. Really dusty and dirty, but atleast you still get to hear it etc.

Banned
    DMB concerts are amazing..ive been to about 10..went to both concercerts at Saratoga Performing Arts center and both concerts at Fenway this year..the best thing is every concert is different with different songs and they never play a song the same way twice..

Ive come to the conclusion that the reason people hate DMB is because the only ever listen to the songs on the radio..most DMB fans will agree that those are not the best songs..Also, people never gain an appreciation for the skill with wich Dave plays his guitar..he has a completely unique style which is very percussion influenced...Also, people also never gain an appreciation for the skill with which the band members can play their instruments..Carter Beauford in particular.

Spend a few minutes and watch him play during these songs..they arent even his best stuff, but he is head and and shoulders about 98% of drummers out there...

Drumming Solo of Tripping Billies
    Drumm Solo of "Say Goodbye"

I guess Its a pet peave of mine when people hate bands for no reason, and even they dont even know why...

at 21 i've kinda grown out of dave, but i saw them last friday in hartford. it was quite a show, a great time. they played a bunch of old stuff.

side note: the amount of ridiculously hot 16 year olds running around trashed was quite disturbing. i realized how old i'm getting when i was turning away from high schoolers who could barely stand up that were trying to grind me. i never thought i'd see the day for that.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby Brister
    at 21 i've kinda grown out of dave, but i saw them last friday in hartford. it was quite a show, a great time. they played a bunch of old stuff.

side note: the amount of ridiculously hot 16 year olds running around trashed was quite disturbing. i realized how old i'm getting when i was turning away from high schoolers who could barely stand up that were trying to grind me. i never thought i'd see the day for that.

hahahaha i'm 28, i feel like a grandpa everytime i go to one of those shows, especially when the vendors call me "sir"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsgreen4life
    hahahaha i'm 28, i feel like a grandpa everytime i go to one of those shows, especially when the vendors call me "sir"
    The same exact thing happened to me when I went to DMB (Beyond crowded tour )@ Giants Stadium about 4-5 years ago. I went from being a kid at a Dead show in 95 to an old man in 2002. WTF?

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    I never understood the college kid fascination with this band.... I personaly always thought they sucked.... but he's got a huge following, so he must be doing somthing right....

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 13
    I never understood the college kid fascination with this band.... I personaly always thought they sucked.... but he's got a huge following, so he must be doing somthing right....

you gotta give him a chance, he is a genius, so much energy in his songs, if you listen to along to watchtower live, oh my God, it will give shivers down your spine, or crash live, wow

Banned
    you gotta give him a chance, he is a genius, so much energy in his songs, if you listen to along to watchtower live, oh my God, it will give shivers down your spine, or crash live, wow
    Exactly..Two Step live is amazing also..

Again, You cannot go by what you hear on the Radio!! Listen to some albums and skip over songs you have heard before!!! Then come back and judge

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by dfresh
    Exactly..Two Step live is amazing also..

Again, You cannot go by what you hear on the Radio!! Listen to some albums and skip over songs you have heard before!!! Then come back and judge

did you go to MSG N2 this past winter?

He closed with Halloween

All League
    did you go to MSG N2 this past winter?

He closed with Halloween
    with the fake snow coming down. that show was really good. i will be there on sat. first show this tour, hoping it is good and nice weather

Banned
    Nah, didnt go..i know the show was amazing though..