Thread: RB situation

Veteran

RB situation

If we trade for a rb like brown or someone what are we going to do with 5 rbs on the roster. Theres no way we cut houston or washington...theres no chance we cut martin and i would still like to see what blaylock could do...anyone want to make sense of this for me?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Blaylock may = goner.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Make Houston full back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why are you guys worried about the RB situation.

Don't you know you the the NFL's leading rusher from 2 years ago on your roster?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Make Houston full back.
    houston's too small for that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i agree with you, usually a team carries 2 fullbacks, and 3 other running backs, maybe martin is done....then we carry askew, and maybe tutt as the other fullback, blaylock, houston, and washington i assumed were locks to make the team as well. i figured a running back by committee. this regime will keep you guessing. i believe we have cap space, so technically we could sign brown.
    washington is versatile, fast, and a possible kick/punt returner as well, and i can't see them cutting a draft pick.
    houston is young, tough, and powerful. could be a good short yardage guy, as well as a 10-15 carry guy
    blaylock, who tanenbaum has stated had a good off season, is a quick guy, who, when given the opportunity in KC played very well.
    bottom line...i am with you..i don't get it either

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Why are you guys worried about the RB situation.

Don't you know you the the NFL's leading rusher from 2 years ago on your roster?
    Why must you provoke on the first page of the thread?

I also don't know why anyone would think that Houston is a lock to make the team. At some point this team will need a solid everydown back to replace Curtis.

All League
    Houston is an every down back and will be the starter on this team!

Trust me..Houston and Brad Smith will surprise this season.

All League
    I think we need to see how the offensive scheme sets up and how the O line makes out before we even decide on what type of back best fits this team. I hope our future everydown back is not currently on the roster or we are in big trouble.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy
    Why must you provoke on the first page of the thread?
    What are you talking about?

Jet fans have been creaming their jeans saying how good CuMar is.

I'm sure he's good for at least five more 1,000 seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    What are you talking about?

Jet fans have been creaming their jeans saying how good CuMar is.

I'm sure he's good for at least five more 1,000 seasons.
    No one listened when I said it was crazy to give a 31 year old back the most carries of his career! It was insane to play Chad hurt and Martin hurt! But that was the way of the Flim Flam Man! It would be a shame if Martin goes out this way!

All League
    The sarcasm is killing me. I don't think you could find a bigger C Mart fan than me. If healthy I think he could be serviceable for another year. Those who are not Martin fans will come to realize how spoiled they have been once he is no longer there. However at best Curtis cannot carry this team on his shoulders. My hope is that we can sign a FA in the off season who will be able to carry the load. We currently do not have a 1000 yard back on our roster outside of Curtis and 1250 has become the new benchmark in the NFL not 1000.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy
    The sarcasm is killing me. I don't think you could find a bigger C Mart fan than me. If healthy I think he could be serviceable for another year. Those who are not Martin fans will come to realize how spoiled they have been once he is no longer there. However at best Curtis cannot carry this team on his shoulders. My hope is that we can sign a FA in the off season who will be able to carry the load. We currently do not have a 1000 yard back on our roster outside of Curtis and 1250 has become the new benchmark in the NFL not 1000.
    At least you have a realistic viewpoint.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJoe622
    If we trade for a rb like brown or someone what are we going to do with 5 rbs on the roster. Theres no way we cut houston or washington...theres no chance we cut martin and i would still like to see what blaylock could do...anyone want to make sense of this for me?

I doubt the Jets bring in brown....I like the backs we have on the roster.....we have a nice O Line and some talented backs.....lets see what they can do.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJoe622
    They only bring in another back if Martin is done. Therefore, it's new guy, Blaylock, Houston, Washington. Martin on IR or retired.

Veteran
    id rather just wait a year before we decide which of our runningbacks can handle the load or not rather than judge them by tc/preseason