Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Main Focus Of Fridays Game

Practice Squad

Question Main Focus Of Fridays Game

lets remember one thing here fellow fans. that this friday is a more or less a test game and if for some reason chad bombs or our running game goes south then lets not all get on the board saturday and start writing off the season ok.

with that in mind what are some of your "hopes for this game" ..... me i wouldn't mind seeing a descent drive or two from chad. i mean we dont have to score but if his passes look good and he sustains some drives that would be nice. maybe some good runs here and there. i am more for seeing some "domination" from our starting D wit hthe new set up and all.

how about you guys ??????????????????????//

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance
    lets remember one thing here fellow fans. that this friday is a more or less a test game and if for some reason chad bombs or our running game goes south then lets not all get on the board saturday and start writing off the season ok.

with that in mind what are some of your "hopes for this game" ..... me i wouldn't mind seeing a descent drive or two from chad. i mean we dont have to score but if his passes look good and he sustains some drives that would be nice. maybe some good runs here and there. i am more for seeing some "domination" from our starting D wit hthe new set up and all.

I'll be focusing on pennington, d'brick, rhodes, and b.smith.

They may not play much, but i want to see how the TC fodder pans out in an actual game.

All Pro
    I want to see how Pennington throws, I am hoping he is impressive.

I also hope to see if McCariens responded well to Mangini's reprimands. I'm looking for one or two big plays there.

I'm also hoping for the line to play well, because the more they play and the better they play, thequicker they will jell.

On D, I am hoping to see a good performance out of D-Rob.

And most of all, NO INJURIES!!!

Banned
    Friday is a must-win game. Can't make the playoffs without a strong start.

SAR I

Rookie
    Keeping Chad injury free. Someone had to say it.

Rookie
    I'm looking for 10 things Friday. Here they are in order: NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.NO INJURIES.

If these 10 items work out everyhting else is cream cheese.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR I
    Not True Sar..We have had 4-0 pre season records and sucked when the real games started! Look for improvements in the important area's but the score is unimportant!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR I
    Does the $600 bet with Shasta include preseason games?

I want to see mostly what the offensive line looks like with 4 young players on the line. Also, who is playing where in the 3-4.

All League
    Of course the QB situation is important but for me the main focus will be the running game. With the big question mark surrounding Martin a successor or combo is paramount. The D being able to stop the run will be another major focal point.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    Not True Sar..We have had 4-0 pre season records and sucked when the real games started! Look for improvements in the important area's but the score is unimportant!
    I think that was a Joke

All League
    Watching Chad get sacked, get up and then see an outpore of "Chad is BACK BABY! Did you see that VICIOUS hit he took? Wooooo!"

I will be watching for our QB's and RB's performance throughout the game. I will look at Brick and overall OL play.

On defense I will be watching DL penetration and overall play, I will look at our LB sets and who we have playing what. Interested to see the formations on D here, don't expect much blitz packages or any fancy shifts.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1520
    I want to see mostly what the offensive line looks like with 4 young players on the line. Also, who is playing where in the 3-4.
    Yeah the 3-4 thing will be huge...after that in order

1. QBs
    2. Brick and Mangold
    3. RBs
    4. J-Mac
    5. TEs

All Pro
    A few things that I want to see.

1 No one get HURT
    2 CHAD getting up from being tackled with no injury..
    3 CHADS PASSES with some valosity!!
    4 BRICK v/s Simeon RICE
    5 JETS DEFENSE!!

Veteran
    Actually since the 1st team will only be playing 1 drive most likely. Besides no injuries, what I'm looking for is how the rookies and 2nd team plays. Also how the defense lines up and in what role is everyone used.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike
    I think that was a Joke

With Sar one never is too sure??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win
    Actually since the 1st team will only be playing 1 drive most likely. Besides no injuries, what I'm looking for is how the rookies and 2nd team plays. Also how the defense lines up and in what role is everyone used.
    interesting thing about our team this year is that "first team" is still very much up in the air

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    interesting thing about our team this year is that "first team" is still very much up in the air
    You may be right on this one. But I tihnk defense adn msot of the offense is set. Outside of QB (even though Penny will probably win it) and RB, everyone else kinda knows their roles. We'll probably see a lot more substitutions.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance

it won't matter to many here...if the jets look bad the ywill write off the season because many here ALREADY have the Jets winning no more than 5 games in 2006.

To me it's the first pre season game.....I want to see how these guys have progressed as far as working together.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by savage69

I agree...the score is unimportant but winning never hurts......I am looking to see how competetive they will be.