Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you believe this sht???

Hall Of Fame

Can you believe this sht???

Muslims bristle at Bush term "Islamic fascists"

By Amanda Beck 11 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Muslim groups criticized
    President Bush on Thursday for calling a foiled plot to blow up airplanes part of a "war with Islamic fascists," saying the term could inflame anti-Muslim tensions.

"We believe this is an ill-advised term and we believe that it is counterproductive to associate Islam or Muslims with fascism," said Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations advocacy group.

"We ought to take advantage of these incidents to make sure that we do not start a religious war against Islam and Muslims," he told a news conference in Washington.

"We urge him (Bush) and we urge other public officials to restrain themselves."

Awad said U.S. officials should take the lead from their British counterparts who steered clear of using what he considered inflammatory terms when they announced the arrest of more than 20 suspects in the reported plot.

Hours after the news broke, Bush said it was "a stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists who will use any means to destroy those of us who love freedom, to hurt our nation."

Bush and other administration officials have used variations of the term "Islamo-fascism" on several occasions in the past to describe militant groups including al Qaeda, its allies in
    Iraq and Hizbollah in Lebanon.

Michael Chertoff told MSNBC television the phrase reflected what he called
    Osama bin Laden's own vision of leading a totalitarian empire under the guise of religion.

"It might may not be classic fascism as you had with Mussolini or Hitler. But it is a totalitarian, intolerant imperialism that has a vision that is totally at odds with Western society and our rules of law," Chertoff said.

MUSLIM CONCERNS

Many American Muslims, who say they have felt singled out for discrimination since the September 11 attacks, reject the term and say it unfairly links their faith to notions of dictatorship, oppression and racism.

"The problem with the phrase is it attaches the religion of Islam to tyranny and fascism, rather than isolating the threat to a specific group of individuals," said Edina Lekovic, spokeswoman for the Muslim Public Affairs Council in Los Angeles.

She said the terms cast suspicions on all Muslims, even the vast majority who want to live in safety like other Americans.

Bush upset many Muslims after the September 11 attacks by referring to the global war against terrorism early on as a "crusade," a term which for many Muslims connotes a Christian battle against Islam. The White House quickly stopped using the word, expressing regrets if it had caused offense.

Mohamed Elibiary, a Texas-based Muslim activist, said he was upset by the president's latest comments.

"We've got Osama bin Laden hijacking the religion in order to define it one way. ... We feel the president and anyone who's using these kinds of terminologies is hijacking it too from a different side," he said.

"The president's use of the language is going to ratchet up the hate meter, but I think it would have caused much more damage if he had done this after 9/11," Elibiary said, adding that tensions were not running as high as they had been in the immediate aftermath of the 2001 attacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hall Of Fame
    C'mon Moses....Does anything really surprise you anymore?

Hall Of Fame
    American Muslims are not upset because two dozen ISLAMOFASCISTS were thwarted from murdering over a thousand people, they are upset because Bush called them Islamofascists.

They really have their priorities in order. Already playing the victim game. "We're being thingled out for raythism and dithcriminaythun."

WAKE UP YOU SCUMBAGS! AND OWN UP TO THE PATHOLOGY IN YOU'RE FRIGGIN' RELIGION AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

F*cking as*holes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moses
    WAKE UP YOU SCUMBAGS! AND OWN UP TO THE PATHOLOGY IN YOU'RE FRIGGIN' RELIGION AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
    ok

what should American Muslims do?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    ok

Stop having Pro-Hezbollah rallies. That would be a good start, Bit.

All League
    They're not Islamic fascists. They're Islamic cultists - which is worse!

flushingjet
    ok

Stop giving $ to terrorists through tithing to "charities"

Stop stirring up intolerant sh!t in mosques and skools

Support America instead of their corrupt home countries

All League
    F Islam.

flushingjet
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    They're not Islamic fascists. They're Islamic cultists - which is worse!
    No one thinks much of the Aztecs these days or their primitive religion-
    you know, human sacrifices and/or hearts cut out of live humans.

Hopefully one day we can say Aztec and Muslim in the same breath as
    extinct religions

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

ok

such a classic response from the blame-America looney left....

in this post you complain a US general who b!tches about the media giving aid and comfort to the enemy does not speak about security in Iraq:

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=121690

yet you fail to even acknowledge that after all that's gone on and almost went down Nihad Awad fails to speak at length about the problem in his religion except for a single sentence at the end of the article ....and even with that he does not distance himself from that problem....nor does he come out and say it is wrong....

ya' think that may help some???

Hall Of Fame
    "...to make sure that we do not start a religious war against Islam and Muslims," he told a news conference in Washington.

WHAT?! Yeah, I'm thinking someone has a messed up perspective on world events. F@rkin sympathizers - CAIR can eat sh!t and die.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum
    "...to make sure that we do not start a religious war against Islam and Muslims," he told a news conference in Washington.

WHAT?! Yeah, I'm thinking someone has a messed up perspective on world events. F@rkin sympathizers - CAIR can eat sh!t and die.
    And they say this sht with a straight face, too. It's unreal. All you can do is cue the twilight zone theme.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moses
    And they say this sht with a straight face, too. It's unreal. All you can do is cue the twilight zone theme.

I actually spent time reading one of these morons' speeches once; how the US would be better off ditching the Constitution in favor of sharia! And when confronted, they used the old "my remarks were taken out of context" crap. Welcome to the Fifth Column.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Rangel: Islamofascist an Insult - 'You Never Called Hitler a Christian Fascist'
    by Mark Finkelstein

August 11, 2006 - 21:47

It doesn't take much to offend liberals' exquisite sensitivities. The latest? Referring to Islamofascists as . . . Islamofascists. Chris Matthews got the ball rolling on this evening's Hardball. But Charlie Rangel upped the ante to the max, managing to impugn Christians and Jews in the bargain. Fortunately, GOP Congressman Dan Lungren had the guts to call Rangel on it.

Matthews got things started by challenging Lungren: "Would you include Hezbollah in that group [of Islamofascists]? Would you include Hamas, they are they enemies of Israel. Are they also enemies of ours? Are they also fascists because they have a dispute with Israel? Anybody who is against us is a fascist now."

Chris, are you really asking whether Hezbollah, who killed 241 of our servicemen in Lebanon, is our enemy?

Rangel sent things to the moon a bit later with this line: "You take Islamic and you call them fascists, you call them radical. You never called Hitler a Christian fascist. This is insulting to an entire religion."

Lungren wouldn't be intimidated: "No it's not that at all, and that is absolute nonsense to say that."

Rangel wasn't finished: "We got Christian killers, we got Jewish killers, and we never identify them by religion. What you're doing is demonizing."

Demonizing, Charlie? What would you call the people who wanted to blow up thousands of innocents civilians over the Atlantic this week?

Hall Of Fame
    Would they prefer Islamo-terrorists? Islamo-murderers?

How come Hezbollah/Hamas/Al Qaeda never recruit non-muslims?

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Hall Of Fame
    How are these people supposed to help us find a solution when they won't even acknowledge there's a problem?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Gee, someone tell the group "Islamic Jihad" that Charlie Rangel thinks they're demonizing...umm....themselves.

Banned
    This is one of those occasions where I'm afriad I have to disagree with my friend moses

I don't like the use if that term either, "Islamo-fascists" ... IMO Islamo-Nazis is far more applicable

Your Garden variety fascist, while dispicable, is normally not beyond reason, not completely and utterly insane, not immune to concepts like mutual destruction, and will usually allow people to live so long as they tow the party line

Nazis, OTOH, conotates a death cult with an aryan belief system ... sound familiar?

It does too me, thus I prefer Islamo-Nazis

According to Nazi doctrine you were a German or not an aryan, thus worthy of death

According to Radical Islam you're a Muslim or an infidel, thus worthy of death

As for the Muslims who are appauled, snap out of it ... he's not referring to all Muslims ... Just as all Germans were not Nazis, all Muslims are not Islamo-Nazis ... but there was a Nazi enemy during WWII who was German in origin, we didn't hesitate to define that characteristic for fear of offending German Americans, you simply cannot conduct a war if you don't even have the balls to define your enemy ... this is not a war on terror, terrorism is a tactic of the enemy, not the actual enemy ... our enemies are Islamic extremists, Islamo-fascists, Islamo-Nazis, or whatever you choose to call them ... they pervert {then use} Islam to justify their insanity ... that's just a fact, everybody knows it, not saying it out loud doesn't mean folks are unaware of it, its just a fact and I wish more Muslims would acknowledge it, and condemn it, and reclaim their religion from those who would hijack it and commit unspeakable atrocities in its name

Please forgive me for adding moral clarity to this discussion, I do realize that was not very PC of me, I sincerely apologize to those I might offend ... that was not my intention ... I just don't think we have the time {or luxury} to be polite ... somebody has to ackowledge what this is really all about and I welcome any Muslims who wish to enage this truth, and take on these homicidal maniacs ... I hope you can take your religion back from these barbarians, I really do, with all of my heart, so we can all proceed to live in peace
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-12-2006 at 07:15 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    ...a death cult...
    BINGO!! That's ISLAMIC Jihad!

All League
    Oh, yeah! Re: Muslims in England helping the police nab these Islamic Jihadist terrorists? BULLS**T!!

Never happened! Politicians and police officials in England have to be so politically correct they LIE abbout Muslims helping them.

I don't blame the politicians for having to say what they have to say, though!

I wonder how many more lunatic Muslim Jihadists in networks of 24 members are running around Great Britain.