Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What sports memorabilia do you have?

JetsInsider.com Legend

What sports memorabilia do you have?

I have a year book signed by Hobson,Barton,Rhodes,and Emerson Boozer.
    I have a Mark Gastinaue signed shirt. I have a Joe Montana signed helmet and A Jonathan Vilma signed poster. And I am going to pick up from my uncles house a Jets yearbook from the early 70's I dont know what year but im excited to get it.

What kind of stuff do you guys got?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    A Mawae signed helmet.

And autographed prints of Maynard, Namath, Ed Kranepool (with the Mick) and Cleon Jones catching the last out of the 69 WS.

Banned
    ok met fans..you are going to love this one..my friend owns home plate from the deciding game in the 1969 world series victory for the new york metropolitans..

he has it on a plack with pictures of his father on the field buying it..all kinds of divits in it..it's pretty cool..

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I have a cap signed by the 3 players traded for Seaver.

Just a few Jets items:

Signed Chad Pennington football.

Signed Johnathan Vilma football.

Signed Joe Klecko poster.

Signed helmet signed by almost all of the Super Bowl III team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I have a cap signed by the 3 players traded for Seaver.
    doug flynn???steve henderson???pat ''the blade''zachry??dan norman??

which 3??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Thats awesome BP. lol I love how you say Mets fans lol.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Babe
    oh yeah??
    football wise:
    i have a boomer esiason full sized autographed helmet. for some reason i have a signed troy aikman football (cool, hes in the HOF now..lol). a bunch of jerseys. i have this jersey from the kotite days...WAYNE! haha so thats my throwback. a bunch of signed cards (wayne, vinny, chad, curtis, etc.). a signed photo of keyshawn johnson (LOSER.), and some autograph from keith byars, i met him at the airport when i was little.
    but the icing on the cake.
    an autograph from broadway joe...on a napkin. i met him at a lennox hill hospital ball. theres a drop of alcohol on the edge (it gives it character, IMO), and it reads..."hi erika!! stay happy, stay gorgeous! love, joe namath"
    i kissed him on the cheek too. joe namath is sexy.
    (its framed now..)
    baseball:
    not a huge baseball fan, but i have that classic autographed bill buckner photo. and just a ton of autographed cards. 3 baseballs...mickey mantle, joe d., and hank aaron.
    basketball
    this is my second favorite peice (behind joe's autographed napkin)...a huge dennis rodman poster autographed. i even framed it blue to match his hair at the time.
    Anything happen between you guys? lol you like older guys haha.

Banned
    My father and I have a shared collection, he has the majority of it at his house for safe keeping (I've moved around a lot in the last few years and didn't anything getting damaged.)

My personal favorite is an autographed picture of Jack Dempsey with my grandfather. Second favorite is an autographed picture of Babe Ruth shooting pool. Another great one is a special pullout section from the Cincinatti Inquirer previewing the 1919 World Series.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    ok met fans..you are going to love this one..my friend owns home plate from the deciding game in the 1969 world series victory for the new york metropolitans..

he has it on a plack with pictures of his father on the field buying it..all kinds of divits in it..it's pretty cool..
    That's way too cool BP.

I wonder if there will be anything for sale when the knock down Shea?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    That's way too cool BP.

I want a chair from there.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Take it from a guy who is in the desert of NY sports........Appreciate what you have, you don't know how lucky you have it being close to our teams!

I like my Ed Kranepool/Mickey Mantle photo, I just wish Mick was still around to sign it.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Me2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    My Dad used to have two seats from the original Yankee stadium. Somebody offered him $25,000 for them. He asked me how bad I really wanted them and I told him it was way too much money to pass up.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    My Dad used to have two seats from the original Yankee stadium. Somebody offered him $25,000 for them. He asked me how bad I really wanted them and I told him it was way too much money to pass up.
    So he sold them I guess?

Veteran
    when the jets played their last game at shea against the steelers, after the game most of the fans ripped down the goalpost and ransacked the field. i had taken the (VIS) sign from the old auxiliary scoreboard, i made it out through the centerfield fence , and thats when a cop said it was either the sign or jail, i gave the sign which was made of sheet metal to the cop , i was only 19 at the time , that would have been a nice piece to keep. Does anyone have any good memories of that game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Man I wouldnt of sold them even if im a Mets fan that kind of thing is priceless. But if you had to then def.

Banned
    So he sold them I guess?
    Yeah, we couldn't pass up that kind of scratch.

We sold them in '98. About two years ago my step-mother saw a single seat from the original Yankee stadium on eBay. The bidding started at $1,000 and you could buy it outright for $5,000. So I guess we came out way ahead on that one.

Banned
    That's way too cool BP.

somebody steal me one of those stupid lil heaters they used to have up in the corner of the ceiling in the bathroom..bad memories for cold Jet games

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Babe
    but the icing on the cake.
    an autograph from broadway joe...on a napkin. i met him at a lennox hill hospital ball. theres a drop of alcohol on the edge (it gives it character, IMO), and it reads..."hi erika!! stay happy, stay gorgeous! love, joe namath"
    i kissed him on the cheek too. joe namath is sexy. (its framed now..)

an alcohol soaked, personalized message from the patron saint of the NY Jets? that's probably the greatest piece of memoribilia I have ever heard of, of all time. no question. this thread has been conquered and won.