Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My sources are telling me

My sources are telling me

My buddy from college is Rasheed Marshall he is a qb convert to wr. Spoke with him lastnight he told me there were in serious talks about aquiring Kevin Barlow. He wasnt sure what we are giving for him but said the buzz there now is barlow will be on his way to ny anyday

Hall Of Fame
    Barlow? Ugh, talk about your disappointments. If it's true it better be REAL cheap... some crappy backup we've got.

Banned
    I'd rather have Duckett than Barlow.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green
    Barlow? Ugh, talk about your disappointments. If it's true it better be REAL cheap... some crappy backup we've got.
    I second that, Duckett or bust!

All Pro
    he of the 3.3 rushing average-save the money Kevan stay in San Fran we don't need ya

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind kevan barlow on our team. not sure what i would give up for him though. 3rd or 4th rounder?

Btw, I hope your buddy gets a few receptions this year --I just looked him up and, as of now, he has 1 catch for -1 yards. it would be a shame to finish your career actually having negative yards. -7 yds rushing too.

All League
    I'd rather have two mules and a donkey chasing a rabbit and wondering .

"Whats the point of it all because no matter what.

"You could only bake cheese hard."

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    he of the 3.3 rushing average-save the money Kevan stay in San Fran we don't need ya
    His first 3 seasons, he avg. 4.1, 4.7 and 5.1...
    Last 2 seasons haven't been so good, but with poor line and QB play - you can really pin it all on him.

All Pro
    Agree w/ Mnster. Its hard to judge him becasue he was on an awful team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    I'd rather have Duckett than Barlow.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd rather Barlow over Duckett anyday.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind kevan barlow on our team. not sure what i would give up for him though. 3rd or 4th rounder?

Btw, I hope your buddy gets a few receptions this year --I just looked him up and, as of now, he has 1 catch for -1 yards. it would be a shame to finish your career actually having negative yards. -7 yds rushing too.
    Barlow is barely worth a 6th rounder, it may be the same deal, Barlow for Strait..... Mangini may just perfer Barlow to Suggs

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    I'd rather Barlow over Duckett anyday.
    You do mean at the respective price each is likely to command, right? Barlow can be had for less, but there's a good reason for that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTypingJetsFan
    Barlow is barely worth a 6th rounder, it may be the same deal, Barlow for Strait
    probably would be, didnt they just lose Rumph?

Hall Of Fame
    BARLOW UPDATE:

Straight from the coach's mouth:

BARLOW TRADE: Nolan said he spoke to running back Kevan Barlow to calm him about a rumor that he might be traded to the New York Jets.

"I said, 'Kevan, we have not had serious talks with the Jets,'" Nolan said.

The Jets are looking for a running back because veteran Curtis Martin may be near the end of his career as the result of knee problems. New York thought it had acquired a replacement but voided a trade with the Cleveland Browns after Lee Suggs failed a physical.

"Have we talked to the Jets?" Nolan said. "Yeah, we've talked to the Jets, but about a lot of things. But serious talks? No."

All League
    I'd super much rather have Duckett over Barlow.

I bet there are a lot of rumors around, though. Wouldn't put much stock into this.

Veteran
    Figures......

In one of my fantasy football leagues, a "running joke" on draft day is that a particular team always drafts Kevan Barlow and Lee Suggs! My heart DROPPED when I heard that WE traded for Suggs, but I regained conciousness when the trade was negated! NOW........there are unconfirmed rumors of us trading for Barlow? I, being the ONLY Jets' fan in my league, will be the laughing stock!! 2 underachievers, and me being the butt of draft day jokes!! can it get ANY WORSE????????

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Aten
    You do mean at the respective price each is likely to command, right? Barlow can be had for less, but there's a good reason for that.
    What I mean is that I'd feel more comfortable with Kevan Barlow as our starting RB then I would with TJ Duckett as our starting RB irregardless of which pick we gave up for them.

I don't give a flying fart about stats. I judge by what I've seen with my own two eyes. Kevan Barlow behind a good OLine would be a much better RB then TJ Duckett behind that same OLine.

Don't tell me about his stats as a 49er.

HTH.
    Last edited by JMJ; 08-16-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

my sources are telling me i'm hungry and should go get some lunch. who's with me?

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Kevan Barlow behind a good OLine would be a much better RB then TJ Duckett behind that same OLine.
    i disagree. i've never seen kevan barlow look stellar. granted, duckett has not had the oppty behind dunn in the nfl, and that doesn't speak well for him, but he was great in college.