Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal favor for my mother

Rookie

Personal favor for my mother

I don't know how many of you guys remember when Wayne retired, anyway, my mother is a big fan of his. She was diagnosed with esophageal cancer earlier this summer. She is doing quite well. She has lost a lot of weight, but she's a trooper. Born and raised in Bed-Stuy. My mom is a pretty big fan of Wayne's. She loves what he stands for, The over coming of great odds, the doing the impossible, the loyalty, the blue collar work ethic, etc. Her birthday is August 21st. She will be 52 year's old. I don't know if anybody could help me. I would be more than happy to pay any price. I don't know if anybody knows Wayne personally. But! I would love nothing more than to get a personalized autograph for my mother from Wayne. Her name is Pattie. She has been struggling for a while, and I would love to do this for her. I already have gotten her a bunch of presents for her birthday this year, but I know if I could make this happen, it would mean a lot to my mother and myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

JetsFan2012
    some of the senior VIPs (Limolady, Sooth) acutally know some of the players. you might just get lucky with your request.

btw, I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    some of the senior VIPs (Limolady, Sooth) acutally know some of the players. you might just get lucky with your request.

btw, I'll keep your mom in my prayers.
    thanks, paulie.
    Love the frank avatar.................my way, best song ever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by greeniemeanie
    thanks, paulie.
    Love the frank avatar.................my way, best song ever.
    I did it myyyyyyyy waaaaaayyyy! Great song hope your mom is well.

All Pro
    Can't help with the autograph but just wanted to wish your mom the best. My wife and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for her Greenie. God Bless.

All Pro
    I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but it sounds like characteristics that she values in Wayne are exactly what will get her through this. I will pray for her and I will also pray that Wayne's autograph will find it's way into her hands. Take care brother.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC
    I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but it sounds like characteristics that she values in Wayne are exactly what will get her through this. I will pray for her and I will also pray that Wayne's autograph will find it's way into her hands. Take care brother.
    I would like to echo jeT.MAC's sentiments greeniemeanie, wish your mom a happy b-day for me and give her my best wishes.

Hall Of Fame
    Best wishes for a healthy recovery.

Veteran
    Mom is in my prayers. Wish I could help with your request. Wish your mom well for me.

Practice Squad
    Wayne is going to be at a place in Hicksville called SATELLITE VISION 59 TEC STREET signing free autographs from 12-1 today (saturday)

Veteran
    your mom is in my thoughts and prayers, please wish her a happy bday, and a speedy recovery.

All League
    my prayers are with you and your family, God Bless.

Hall Of Fame
    I wish your mom well and hope she gets lucky. Hang in.

Banned
    I might be able to help on this one...I went to high school with Wayne's cousin...let me email her and see what I can do. Best wishes to your mom, BTW.

All League
    God Bless your mother and family our prayers are with you. My mother is fighting through Breast Cancer and her chances were about 50/50 but she's pulling through and prayerfully your Mother will also.

Banned
    Best Wishes. My aunt survived a full hystorectomy and my uncle a full bone marrow transplant for lukemia. She can do it. Tell her to just keep swimming and good luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NyJeTsFaNx93
    Wayne is going to be at a place in Hicksville called SATELLITE VISION 59 TEC STREET signing free autographs from 12-1 today (saturday)

greenie, are you going ? If not maybe someone who lives near hicksville can go ? (not me, I'm in CT)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    greenie, are you going ? If not maybe someone who lives near hicksville can go ? (not me, I'm in CT)
    Many thanks to everybody who has offered their prayers. It is definately appreciated. XMarco, I'm praying for your mother as well. Right now, I'm trying to contact my sister who lives in Islip, to see if she can go. I live in Saint Petersburg, FL so it would be impossible for me. Thanks again. I think I'm going to print this thread out and give it to my mom. She would definately appreciate all the prayers and good wishes. Thanks again, folks. Things like these make me proud to be a Jets fan. We're a passionate bunch.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Wish I could help gm. Best wishes to your Mom and your family.

Charter JI Member
    Praying for your Mom...we'll keep this one bumped up top till someone can help in your quest.