Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Tangini and Co. are different...A GREAT REALITY FOR US

All League

Why Tangini and Co. are different...A GREAT REALITY FOR US

OK folks, I want to let some of you in on a little secret here. You win SB's by drafting.

We have had quite possibly the best draft of any team this year. We look like we hit the mother load with Kellen Clemens, Dbrick Ferg, N. Mangold, B. Smith, and Leon Washington. These guys are ALL going to be big time players in this league. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers...they are currently fielding 22 starters that THEY DRAFTED...we all know what the results of the SB last year were.

Tangini is going to build a SB winner from the ground up....so in reality, it behooves us to NOT give up any draft picks.

I see alot of morons on here clamoring to give up certain picks to get RB's.....I SAY NO WAY NOW....Even if Mcghaee came available, I have changed my mind and would NOT trade picks.

I wish we had traded J. Mcareins or D. Strait for Kevin Barlow and not parted with any picks.....even a 7th rounder.

You guys have to start realizing that we are talking about building a SB team that can potentially be a dynasty. We won't get that by trading picks...ANY PCIKS. If this season is a "wash", so be it....but long term, we are sitting on a gold mine with this coach and GM and a very rosy...multiple "Lombardi's" filled future.

Get it....NO TRADING PICKS....DRAFT WISELY, build from the trenches on out. We are doing all of that. Next year we get a top RB in the draft...and look for WR help.

We are slowly assembling the ingredients to build a perennial winner. I wish more people here could realize this. Please smarten up people.

Franklin Moga III

(edited: for clarity, FM III)
    Last edited by FrankMoga; 08-20-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga
    OK folks, I want to let some of you in on a little secret here. You win SB's by drafting.

We have had quite possibly the best draft of any team this year. We look like we hit the mother load with Kellen Clemens, Dbrick Ferg, N. Mangold, B. Smith, and Leon Washington. These guys are ALL going to be big time players in this league. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers...they are currently fielding 22 starters that THEY DRAFTED...we all know what the results of the SB last year were.

Tangini is going to build a SB winner from the ground up....so in reality, it behooves us to NOT give up any draft picks. I see alot of morons on here clamoring to give up certain picks to get RB's.....I SAY NO WAY NOW....Even if Mcghaee came available, I have changed my mind and would NOT trade picks. I wish we had traded Mcareins or Strait for Kevin Barlow and not parted with any picks.

You guys have to start realizing that we are talking about building a SB team that can potentially be a dynasty. We won't get that by trading picks. if this season is a "wash" so be it....but long term, we are sitting on a gold mine with this coach and GM and a very rosy...Multiple Lombardi filled future.

Get it....NO PICKS....DRAFT, build from the trenches on out. We are doing that. next year we get a top RB in the draft...and look for WR help. We are slowly assembling the ingredients to build a perennial winner.

Franklin Moga III

Moga Moga Moga Moga Moga

Veteran
    Let's just hope our coaches can develop our draft picks. I'll withhold my optimism until I see something positive on a consistent basis from the picks during the regular season.

All League
    *Cough* Redskins.

All Pro

Rookie
    They are ALL going to be big time players.
    How can you make such a ridiculous statement at this time in their careers?

How many players over the years have shown skill in preseason or even well into their first few years but never lived up to any of their potential. For starters just take a look at some of the RB we had been persuing.

All League

Tangini is going to build a SB winner from the ground up....so in reality, it behooves us to NOT give up any draft picks.

I see alot of morons on here clamoring to give up certain picks to get RB's.....I SAY NO WAY NOW....Even if Mcghaee came available, I have changed my mind and would NOT trade picks.

I wish we had traded J. Mcareins or D. Strait for Kevin Barlow and not parted with any picks.....even a 7th rounder.

You guys have to start realizing that we are talking about building a SB team that can potentially be a dynasty. We won't get that by trading picks...ANY PCIKS. If this season is a "wash", so be it....but long term, we are sitting on a gold mine with this coach and GM and a very rosy...multiple "Lombardi's" filled future.

Get it....NO TRADING PICKS....DRAFT WISELY, build from the trenches on out. We are doing all of that. Next year we get a top RB in the draft...and look for WR help.

We are slowly assembling the ingredients to build a perennial winner. I wish more people here could realize this. Please smarten up people.

Franklin Moga III

IGNORE THE HATERS. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. EXPERIENCE AS A JET FAN HAS LEFT AN INDELIBLE MARK ON THEIR PERCEPTION. THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS SITE IS AFTER THE YEAR, WE CAN GO BACK WITH BIG SMILEY FACES NEXT TO THE WORDS

"TOLD YA SO"

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Goldbrick
    IGNORE THE HATERS. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. EXPERIENCE AS A JET FAN HAS LEFT AN INDELIBLE MARK ON THEIR PERCEPTION. THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS SITE IS AFTER THE YEAR, WE CAN GO BACK WITH BIG SMILEY FACES NEXT TO THE WORDS

"TOLD YA SO"
    Yeah thanks boss. The negativity here is sometimes outrageous and it is downright embarassing how little some fans know about football. I have been around the game my whole life in one form or another and am utterky appalled how some fans don't get it.

We're trying to build a GD Superbowl championship football team here and yet these guys all just want to sign a "name" agent or give up alot of coin for a guy.....

I will be doing an awful lot of "I told ya so's" when Tangini brings home the Lombardi to Hempstead.

Frank

Banned
    Yeah thanks boss. The negativity here is sometimes outrageous and it is downright embarassing how little some fans know about football. I have been around the game my whole life in one form or another and am utterky appalled how some fans don't get it.

We're trying to build a GD Superbowl championship football team here and yet these guys all just want to sign a "name" agent or give up alot of coin for a guy.....

I will be doing an awful lot of "I told ya so's" when Tangini brings home the Lombardi to Hempstead.Frank
    Stop Jinxing us.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Franklin Moga III

dude you could not have said it any better.....I also like the fact that these guys are trying to put a winning product on the field in 2006.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I will be doing an awful lot of "I told ya so's" when Tangini brings home the Lombardi to Hempstead.

Frank
    I think Tangini will bring home a Lombardi trophy, but it will be in N.J.

this thread makes no sense. you title the thread "a great reality for us" and then talk about how you can't give up picks when we just gave up a pick. SO how is this good in your opinion. You contradict yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    I am as happy about the early returns as anybody but let's not be handing out the all pro ballot forms just yet. Plenty of time to see what unfolds but it has been a nice start so far.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NJs FiNeSt
    this thread makes no sense. you title the thread "a great reality for us" and then talk about how you can't give up picks when we just gave up a pick. SO how is this good in your opinion. You contradict yourself.
    I didn't want to give up a pick at all....BUT, a 6th or 7th rd pick is not gonna kill us with our new philosophy. The main issue was not giving up premium picks. I suspect Tangini and Co. saw something in Barlow and have already decided that they are going to get the pick back from Cleveland in dealing them Strait (pure speculation I admit)...For the record, the way that this team has already been built up is showing my above post to be true.

Franklin Moga III

All League
    Moga, while I agree, it is not totally ...The FA's or trades fill in the final ingredients. Just look at Corey Dillon and Rodney Harrison for the Pats. Farrior for the Steelers...You build a team through all the avenues available to you. Your goal however should not always be the best talent available rather the right guys who fit your mold and style. The draft is very important but so are FA, waivers and trades. You need to be aggressive and good at all facets to build a dynasty.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yeah, Super Bowl teams build through the draft.

But you act like we just sold the farm for Barlow. I can guarantee that the most we gave up for him was a 4th round pick.

I don't mind giving up a mid round draft pick for a guy who can come in and compete for the starting RB spot. Barlow is a very well rounded back who could end up helping us immensely.

All Pro
    We Jets fans are so fickle.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy
    Moga, while I agree, it is not totally ...The FA's or trades fill in the final ingredients. Just look at Corey Dillon and Rodney Harrison for the Pats. Farrior for the Steelers...You build a team through all the avenues available to you. Your goal however should not always be the best talent available rather the right guys who fit your mold and style. The draft is very important but so are FA, waivers and trades. You need to be aggressive and good at all facets to build a dynasty.

Agreed, but as a WHOLE, the core of the team is picked up by the draft. I don't mind getting some FA in here, but good value picks only. Premium FA almost never live up to the billing they get.

FM III

Hall Of Fame
    Frank Moga is a joka

All League
    Agreed, but as a WHOLE, the core of the team is picked up by the draft. I don't mind getting some FA in here, but good value picks only. Premium FA almost never live up to the billing they get.

FM III
    I am not a big premium FA guy. Of course if he is the missing piece great. I insted like the second teir FA guys. Guys who play no premium positions like ILB, Guards, Centers, Fullbacks, NT's. Those are the areas that you can really be successful. Further I am a huge believer that if you find yourself in rebuilding mode and are out of the playoff hunt come week 10 or so. That you raid other teams practice squads for talent. IR banged up Vets to make room. Cut dead weight, and add these guys that other teams have spend time developing. This Jets team is not that far off in my opinion. While I realize that this years draft needs to play some real games to prove themselves, we quite possibly addressed OL, Safety, WR and QB all in one draft. That would be phenominal if it comes to pass. Next year you focus on D Line, RB and a OLB that scares the daylights out of other teams.