Thread: DE Val Barnaby got cut. Sorry Rutgers. Drew Coleman returns.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Post DE Val Barnaby got cut. Sorry Rutgers. Drew Coleman returns.

S Erik Coleman (appendectomy) returned to the starting lineup. ... The Jets released DE Val Barnaby (Rutgers) and WR Curtis Williams. ... CBs David Barrett and Justin Miller alternated with the first team. Andre Dyson starts at the other corner. ... Veteran RT Anthony Clement (76 career starts) has beaten out third-year pro Adrian Jones for the starting job. ... Rookie CB Drew Coleman (knee) returned to practice.

I'm glad to see Drew Colwman back. I'd like to see him on KR's or PR's. Another fast weapon for the Jets to go along with Brad Smith and Leon Washington.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-22-2006 at 10:01 AM.

All League
    Good news that Drew Coleman is back. The most interesting part of that article though is how Adrain Jones lost his starting spot at right tackle. Alot of people wanted to pass on d-brick because we had jones, thats a pretty scary thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    Good news that Drew Coleman is back. The most interesting part of that article though is how Adrain Jones lost his starting spot at right tackle. Alot of people wanted to pass on d-brick because we had jones, thats a pretty scary thought.
    That's an understatement persiussa.

Veteran
    Adrian Jones played really well last year, but he got beaten badly in the pre-season games so I can see why he's been displaced.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz
    Adrian Jones played really well last year, but he got beaten badly in the pre-season games so I can see why he's been displaced.
    That's b/c Jones is more of a natural LT (footwork, quickness) than he is a RT (Strong, MAssive, road-grating). Jones is an IDEAL (back-up IMHO) LT and thus why some thought we didn't need D'Brick. Yet, he's clearly not strong enough to bull-doze defensive linemen like a traditional RT should. He was constantly beaten in the Tampa game and didn't shine much against Washington.

The guy is rather invaluable b/c he has experience starting at 2 key positions on the o-line, but he's not starting RT material. He's a natural LT but we have a GREAT player there now in D'Brick. He gives us priceless DEPTH at two key positions. Not bad for a 4th rounder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    Just so everyone is clear. I hearby admit I was wrong on that decision.