Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Ellis Hobbs make the Hall of Fame?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Other than Savage, 13 and DMaynard, I don't think any other members on this board were alive the last time the Jets played in a Super Bowl.

My apologies if I missed any "true" Jets fan that was alive in 1969.
    The closest I got was watching Keith Byars fumble my dreams away in Denver.

All Pro
    Other than Savage, 13 and DMaynard, I don't think any other members on this board were alive the last time the Jets played in a Super Bowl.

My apologies if I missed any "true" Jets fan that was alive in 1969.
    ======================================

I was 8 years old in 1969, and I actually only remember the game because my Dad hated Namath (said he was a long haired hippie), and the guarantee, but I will say I was not a true Jets fan at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails
    ======================================

I was 8 years old in 1969, and I actually only remember the game because my Dad hated Namath (said he was a long haired hippie), and the guarantee, but I will say I was not a true Jets fan at that point.
    Yeah , me too I was 6 , and grew up as a fan of the Jets/Mets/Knicks . 69 would have been a sweet year as a sports fan , but I can honestly say there's not a lot I remembered from those championships. To make matters worse I am also a Boston Bruins fan ( long story behind that). So i've been through a lot of suffering .

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Goldbrick
    The closest I got was watching Keith Byars fumble my dreams away in Denver.
    Granted that was Bad but we had a hell of a lot more Fumbles then that one!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails

and I actually only remember the game because my Dad hated Namath (said he was a long haired hippie)
    That's pretty funny, my Dad said the exact same thing about Namath.

I said, "But Dad, look how he throws the football".

He comes back, "I don't give a damn, long-haired hippies have no place on the football field".

BTW, my Dad also thought Archie Bunker was the greatest American of the last decade.
    Last edited by PatsFanTX; 08-22-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's pretty funny, my Dad said the exact same thing about Namath.

I said, "But Dad, look how he throws the football".

He comes back, "I don't give a damn, long-haired hippies have no place on the football field".

BTW, my Dad also thought Archie Bunker was the greatest American of the last decade.
    Geez and I was drinking with Namath and Mike Battle in Bills Meadowbrook(AKA Bogarts) before the 68 Season started!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patsox23
    He had a pretty solid impact on the Patriots during the last 10 games last season and, despite his small-ish stature, he's a real field general out there! It's pretty likely he'll start making Pro Bowls this season - 'cause he's AWESOME! - but, long-term, what do you guys think about Hobbs going to Canton? Does he have a shot?!

enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Wow, you called me out with a DARE?!? Honestly, a few fans did try to knock some sense into the OP, but there were several that agreed. I'm not going searching though. You can take my word for it, or not.

I lurk on occasion and it's typical of most sites - many knowledgeable fans with some homers mixed in. We've got the corner on the homer market with Moga, but there's some contenders at patsfans.com. Seems like a cool site from what I've read.
    Me! Me!

I'm a homer over there. Been called one several times. Proud to be one whenever I find out what the hell it means.

But, it is about the same over there as it is over here. I don't go to other boards but I did read the thread here about JB and another poster at one of the Chiefs boards. Let all hope that either board gets to be that bad.

There is one thing that you have here that patsfan.com does not have, Frank Moga III! God knows that some try but none have even reached the level of Frank.

Now there's a guy who will go to the posters HOF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot
    Me! Me!

level of Frank.

Now there's a guy who will go to the posters HOF.
    That would be the Hall Of Franklin III get it right!

Just heard Hobbs liberated Iran and brought peace to the Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation
    Just heard Hobbs liberated Iran and brought peace to the Middle East
    No that was his brother Jihobbs