Thread: Barlow over Duckett?? Anybody else confused??

Barlow over Duckett?? Anybody else confused??

Why we wouldn't keep trying to pursue Duckett is beyond me. We sign Barlow and then a day later Washington gets the younger, stronger and more consistent back. Makes no sense...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapital Green
    Why we wouldn't keep trying to pursue Duckett is beyond me. We sign Barlow and then a day later Washington gets the younger, stronger and more consistent back. Makes no sense...
    washington gives up a 3 and a 4 for a 1 yr solution... we give up a 4 for a 1 yr solution. sounds like we did a good thing.

All League
    Unbelievable.

You want to make the argument Duckett is better than Barlow, fine. I personally don't think it's a slam-dunk, but it's an argument you can make.

But we're talking about an extra 3rd round pick here. T.J. Duckett is not a 3rd round pick better than Kevan Barlow. Plus, Duckett is a FA next year. What if he comes here and stinks ? You just flushed two draft picks down the toilet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kapital Green
    ... warning ... warning ... warning ...
    ... be advised - you've seen this before ...

... direct from the A-T-L ...
    ... don't know how many threads i need to post the same thing ...
    ... duckett is JAG ...
    ... he is the j-mac of rb's ...
    ... we need more help at rb & atlanta needs it at wr ...
    ... i make the trade straight up ...
    ... if we give any draft pick, even a 7th rounder we are getting fleeced ...
    ... i'm going to save this post in an e-mail so that i can easily find it to post every single time this same topic comes up again and again and again ...

l_j_r

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Unbelievable.

You want to make the argument Duckett is better than Barlow, fine. I personally don't think it's a slam-dunk, but it's an argument you can make.

But we're talking about an extra 3rd round pick here. T.J. Duckett is not a 3rd round pick better than Kevan Barlow. Plus, Duckett is a FA next year. What if he comes here and stinks ? You just flushed two draft picks down the toilet.
    My problem with the trade isnt the choice. You are right on the money about Duckett. Just imagine if he blew up this season as well. His price is going to be so high. Anyway, My problem is pulling the trigger on the trade. I would have rather them stay put. He just doesnt make us a better running team.

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    barlow is an above average back at all facets of the rb position, blocking, receiving, running. he's big, and he's the only big rb the jets have. the jets gave up a 4th round pick for him, that's not that much. granted we seem to have hit the lottery with 2 excellent 4th rounders this year, but still, how many other 4th rounders (where are you alan harper) have the potential to be as productive as a guy like barlow.

we know that sometimes teams give up on high draft picks (where are you john mcgraw) and get whatever they can for them and move on. sometimes it's b/c of lack of production, sometimes it's b/c of a bad fit with team culture, sometimes it's b/c a team is in rebuilding mode. sometimes, the guys who get traded for mid round picks stink, and other times, they perform well and just needed a change of scenery.

now, if we're comparing ramsey for a 6th round pick versus barlow for a 4th, i think barlow is a better deal b/c he has a much better shot of contributing to the team's success. so far, it looks like washington got the better end of the deal, especially considering the main qb debate in jets camp is whether bollinger can beat out ramsey.