Thread: What a great speech by Mangini.. I'm sold.

Veteran

What a great speech by Mangini.. I'm sold.

Hall Of Fame
    yeah i heard it -- he should stick with NOT talking.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    I'm not usually one to compliment Mangini's press conferences(that lisp kills me), but I think he did a good job on that speech. Barely heard that the lisp, made some nice jokes to break the ice, etc. But I don't see how in any way this would sell you on Mangini's coaching abilities.

All League
    Why?....the guy is a good speaker....ever tried speaking publicly where your every word is scrutinised and dissected by one of the largest and harshest media presences in the World?....and unlike a certain frormer HC(sorry I just had to mention him,I tried hard not to)He speaks in clear,thought out and humorous sentences....where's the problem?

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think the players will respect him and the hard work he put them thru...hopefully hes made them battle ready, and they appreciate him for it!

Hall Of Fame
    Great speech and great camp and great win in Washington.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie
    Why?....the guy is a good speaker....ever tried speaking publicly where your every word is scrutinised and dissected by one of the largest and harshest media presences in the World?....and unlike a certain frormer HC(sorry I just had to mention him,I tried hard not to)He speaks in clear,thought out and humorous sentences....where's the problem?

this isn't about me, or my speaking ability. that is irrelevant. this is about Mangini. And I just don't think he was funny, or terribly effective.

Banned
    i wonder if the patriots do something like this. i would love to see billy boy stand up and give a 5 minute speech.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    this isn't about me, or my speaking ability. that is irrelevant. this is about Mangini. And I just don't think he was funny, or terribly effective.
    When Herm came on board, he gave such a motivational speech that even one of the writers said he wanted to go play for him! Look how things turned out. No, I'll wait for my results on the field. I don't care if Mangini is as dry as toast, as long as we win.

All League
    Effective?....what exactly were you looking for?....a short comedy routine or maybe a few magic tricks?

All League
    Effective?....what exactly were you looking for?....a short comedy routine or maybe a few magic tricks?
    I think he wanted a dance.

If, In a few years, He makes us consistent SB contenders I would not care if he was a freggin mute..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01
    If, In a few years, He makes us consistent SB contenders I would not care if he was a freggin mute..
    you forgot somebody

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... he said - magic tricks !!! ...

l_j_r

All League
    I really don't care how great Mangini's speech was is or will be.

We had a guy here who made a book off one of his speeches.

And bad at coaching.

With Mangini I hope the reverse happens.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    I'm a bottom line guy. If Jets win under Mangini I will like him. That is why I supported Herm that is until he jumped ship and screwed us.

Having said that, I am willing to give him a pass this year on the winning because he is a new coach, our offense is weak and he is changing the defense.
    But I also need to see the Team perform well towards the end of the season especially the running game and special teams. This is what will "sell" me.

Veteran

The speaker is the Puppet!

Come on gang (Green), the coach is the public voice ( if he chooses to speak), the real pr quotes need to come from the GM (Tannenbaum) . Tanny actually "runs" the business . If Mangia P*ssed off Tanny he be gone in a NY minute. Tanny's boss Woodie ( as in h*rd one) has to many other things to manage, so Tanny is the guy! Regardless of what the coach says or how he says it ;it's the GM "buying the groceries". Even Parcells realized he was a good coach and a crappie GM, that's why he agreed to un-retire to coach Dallas. Jones love of PR makes him the cover for any mistakes (e.g. TO the biker).

We have had a history of bad GM's which is why we have floundered for many years, Jury is still out on both the coach and the GM!http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/ne...ply&p=1356004#
    EEK!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i wonder if the patriots do something like this. i would love to see billy boy stand up and give a 5 minute speech.
    grunmfkjfdaj.....Patriots...fgrurggg....winning... grrunnk...Brady...grrrrr...head coach...grrruunkm...ONE MILLION DOLLARS AND A HOT PIECE OF ASS!