Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would The Ramsey Supporters please step forward

Practice Squad

Would The Ramsey Supporters please step forward

Now is the time to stand behind what so many of you thought was a starter. Now is the time to stand behind the one who dazzled you with his arm.

Or now is the time to get off of this runaway train that is running out of track!!!

Ramsey has been disappointing and is trade bait at best. Maybe the Jets can get a 5th or 6th rounder for his value. My thing is he is not bad...he just didnt beat out Bollinger. Ramsey has proven to be a sitting duck in the pocket, and wont get rid of the ball. Bollinger has been a guy who has shown the knack for making plays. Bollinger gets rid of the ball, and is the most athletic pure passer on our team. Clemons isn't too shabby either. I think the rotation should look like this.

In the immediate future

1-Chad
    2-Bollinger (In case we need someone to play now)
    3-Clemons

If Penny Holds up toward the 2nd half of the season

1-Chad
    2- Clemons
    3- Brooks

What are your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    umm yeagh trade for a QB....resign him....and trade him??? wtf are u smoking.
    Besides i dont like Ramsey and even i know he looked ok.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Shepherd
    Now is the time to stand behind what so many of you thought was a starter. Now is the time to stand behind the one who dazzled you with his arm.

Or now is the time to get off of this runaway train that is running out of track!!!

Ramsey has been disappointing and is trade bait at best. Maybe the Jets can get a 5th or 6th rounder for his value. My thing is he is not bad...he just didnt beat out Bollinger. Ramsey has proven to be a sitting duck in the pocket, and wont get rid of the ball. Bollinger has been a guy who has shown the knack for making plays. Bollinger gets rid of the ball, and is the most athletic pure passer on our team. Clemons isn't too shabby either. I think the rotation should look like this.

In the immediate future

1-Chad
    2-Bollinger (In case we need someone to play now)
    3-Clemons

If Penny Holds up toward the 2nd half of the season

1-Chad
    2- Clemons
    3- Brooks

What are your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Bollinger blows and the entire league knows it. He's terrible. If he plays, it'll be a disaster, just like last year.

Clemens is a rook who has played only in pre-season.

Ramsey will be fine. People need to calm down. Chad sucks, Bollinger sucks and Clemens is a rook. We need a vet like Ramsey on the team. There will be no difference in production from the QB position if Ramsey plays or Chad plays. They are both nothing special.

But Bollinger is terrible.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    if he wears a jets jersey, then i'm a supporter.

Hall Of Fame
    I think the Jets need to keep 4 QB's to start the season unless they get a great offer for one of them. Penningtons health is too dicey and we need the depth. Also if we can hang onto them for a few weeks if other teams suddenly have a few QB injuries we can get a greater value from a desperate team. I think it's worth hanging on to 4 if that is at all possible.

Veteran
    Who's Clemons? And, bye bye Bolly!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ramsey supporter right here. Has he looked good? Not really. Has Pennington earned the starting nod? Without question. Is he a better quarterback than Bollinger? Abso-freaking-lutely. Let Ramsey play against the third and fourth stringers, like Bollinger did, and not even score, and then tell me what you think.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets5ever
    Ramsey will be fine.
    What exactly in the last month leads you to the conclusion that Ramsey will be fine? I'm not saying Brooks is better but Ramsey has been atrocious.

I'm really beginning to believe that he might really be the odd man out which would have been unimaginable a few short weeks ago. Suffice to say he better show something tonight.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I would say I am a Ramsey Supporter.

He has not lived up to my hopes and expectations, no. I've admitted that repeatedly. However, I personally still take him over Bollinger if a choice has to be made. Bollinger is a runner, not a QB, and his drawbacks are unfixable. Ramsey has all the natural abillities of a Franchise NFL #1 QB, his drawbacks are all mental, and mental can be fixed.....with time (from the team), good coaching (from the team) and effort (from the player).

But as I said all along, "In Mangini I have no choice but to Trust". If he thinks Bollinger is the better choice for this team, right now and for the future, then so be it.

However, I would need to see a ton more from Bollinger, in terms of both scoring and pass-throwing abillity vs. NFL #1's, to think he is anything more than an Arena-League-Level QB Talent/Potential at best.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    I would say I am a Ramsey Supporter.

He has not lived up to my hopes and expectations, no. I've admitted that repeatedly. However, I personally still take him over Bollinger if a choice has to be made. Bollinger is a runner, not a QB, and his drawbacks are unfixable. Ramsey has all the natural abillities of a Franchise NFL #1 QB, his drawbacks are all mental, and mental can be fixed.....with time (from the team), good coaching (from the team) and effort (from the player).

But as I said all along, "In Mangini I have no choice but to Trust". If he thinks Bollinger is the better choice for this team, right now and for the future, then so be it.

However, I would need to see a ton more from Bollinger, in terms of both scoring and pass-throwing abillity vs. NFL #1's, to think he is anything more than an Arena-League-Level QB Talent/Potential at best.
    just to play devils advocate would you say 2 of Brooks biggest drawbacks are size and arm strength with his main strength being elusiveness? If so then doesn't that describe Doug Flutie? He did pretty well... and NO. I didn't say Brooks is Flutie... I'm just sayin'...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The fact is, Ramsey is a very good QB to have as our backup. Teams like Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Arizona, New Orleans, San Fran, and Carolina would probably take Ramsey on as their #2 in a heartbeat.

We're talking about a BACKUP position here people, remember that, not a starter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    just to play devils advocate would you say 2 of Brooks biggest drawbacks are size and arm strength with his main strength being elusiveness? If so then doesn't that describe Doug Flutie? He did pretty well... and NO. I didn't say Brooks is Flutie... I'm just sayin'...
    Thats a legitimate viewpoint to take. I simply do not believe Bollinger is the equal of Flutie in terms of pure talent at the position. Flutie threw a much better ball than Bollinger can. And Fluties arm is, at least from what I have seen, quite a bit superior to Bollingers. But i can see where you were going here.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Thats a legitimate viewpoint to take. I simply do not believe Bollinger is the equal of Flutie in terms of pure talent at the position. Flutie threw a much better ball than Bollinger can. And Fluties arm is, at least from what I have seen, quite a bit superior to Bollingers. But i can see where you were going here.
    Fair enough but it seems like the biggest knock against him is his size yet there are a number of small-in-stature-big-in-heart QB's that have had nice careers. Brees is another that comes to mind.
    Last edited by Pac2566; 08-25-2006 at 01:37 PM.

All Pro
    Like his passes...this thread also should be picked off!

All League
    Like I have always said I think Ramsey can make a decent #2 QB just a fill in guy for a game or 2

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead
    Like his passes...this thread also should be picked off!
    GO over to the buffet line and ask Ty Law to help out...

Practice Squad

Ridiculous

All of this talk of his measurables which have amounted to nothing. His mind aint ready...Why cant you all get that through your skulls. You are the same poeple who would take Rick Mirer or Lucas...ridiculous. Stop living the measurable dream. Ramsey is mediocre. Bollinger is a fighting chance and has played well against #1 defenses. He has moved the ball against #1 defenses, and was the only reason there was any excitement to last years season. Im with Brooks on this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WCO
    GO over to the buffet line and ask Ty Law to help out...
    LOLz!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Shepherd
    All of this talk of his measurables which have amounted to nothing. His mind aint ready...Why cant you all get that through your skulls. You are the same poeple who would take Rick Mirer or Lucas...ridiculous. Stop living the measurable dream. Ramsey is mediocre. Bollinger is a fighting chance and has played well against #1 defenses. He has moved the ball against #1 defenses, and was the only reason there was any excitement to last years season. Im with Brooks on this.
    Unfortunately for your argument, production and wins for each player in regular season games does not back your position. Ramsey is the better pro QB (albeit by a not-wide margin), with a good amount more experience than Bollinger, playing under equally bad circustances.

I find your "measurables dream" comments pretty funny actually, as those who prefer Bollinger seem to me to be living the "Chrebet/Flutie" small-man-beats-all-odds dream. Not every limited talent, short, weak-armed guy can beat the odds ya know.

You're entitled to feel whatever you wish, and root on (and root against) whomeever you wish. In the end, our blathering means little, it's what Mangini sees in each player that will count.