Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The EricYellin FINAL rant!!!

Banned

The EricYellin FINAL rant!!!

I am getting very tired of talking Pennington, so this will be my final rant. I discussed him ad naseum today w/ JetsMike and some others. Chad proved to me, in the most realistic of game situations, that he is not a starting caliber QB in this league.

I am not one of those people who thinks we are a playoff team, or possibly even a winning team, but all I was looking for was for us to be competitive. Tonight, we were not. The offense was nothing short of an embarassment.

Even the things he's supposively know for he didn't do, IE the interception. In my estimation chad had one good throw tonight, and it was not the one to McCariens, JMAC was WIDE OPEN on that play and it was an easy pass. It was one pass to Coles during the 2 minute drill. Other than that, the passes floated and he almost got Coles killed on an earlier play in the two minute. The recievers will not hold up if this is the case.

On 3rd and short he throws even shorter to Jolley and doesn't get a first down. Where have I seen this before? ESPN says chad played 'inconsistently'... I disagree, I think he played consistently bad. It's time to admit that he's done as an NFL QB, that's it...

The response that he's the best we've got is scary... Because if the best we've got is going to give us 0 points, then that sucks. I'd rather get no points with Clemens than Pennington... Atleast then we'd be moving forward.

People say, he threw the ball down field... Well yes, I always knew he could do that, hell, I can throw a football 30+ yards... problem was, when he went downfield, he didn't throw catchable balls downfield. Overthrows, underthrows, whatever, it was a joke.

So I ask you, JetsInsider.net, why should I possibly be happy/confident/optimistic/anything but miserable going into this season w/ pennington at the helm?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    I am getting very tired of talking Pennington, so this will be my final rant. I discussed him ad naseum today w/ JetsMike and some others. Chad proved to me, in the most realistic of game situations, that he is not a starting caliber QB in this league.

I am not one of those people who thinks we are a playoff team, or possibly even a winning team, but all I was looking for was for us to be competitive. Tonight, we were not. The offense was nothing short of an embarassment.

Even the things he's supposively know for he didn't do, IE the interception. In my estimation chad had one good throw tonight, and it was not the one to McCariens, JMAC was WIDE OPEN on that play and it was an easy pass. It was one pass to Coles during the 2 minute drill. Other than that, the passes floated and he almost got Coles killed on an earlier play in the two minute. The recievers will not hold up if this is the case.

On 3rd and short he throws even shorter to Jolley and doesn't get a first down. Where have I seen this before? ESPN says chad played 'inconsistently'... I disagree, I think he played consistently bad. It's time to admit that he's done as an NFL QB, that's it...

The response that he's the best we've got is scary... Because if the best we've got is going to give us 0 points, then that sucks. I'd rather get no points with Clemens than Pennington... Atleast then we'd be moving forward.

People say, he threw the ball down field... Well yes, I always knew he could do that, hell, I can throw a football 30+ yards... problem was, when he went downfield, he didn't throw catchable balls downfield. Overthrows, underthrows, whatever, it was a joke.

So I ask you, JetsInsider.net, why should I possibly be happy/confident/optimistic/anything but miserable going into this season w/ pennington at the helm?
    maybe you should boycott the season until the Jets are good?

Veteran

This is the Magna Carta of dissent with the status quo.

Good Job EY!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515
    maybe you should boycott the season until the Jets are good?
    Obviously you totally missed the point.

I will not boycott the season, and I will watch every game, but my question is to those that are overly optimistic, after seeing what we saw tonight, what reason do we have to believe in Pennington... He showed nothing that a starting QB should have. I wanted to throw up. Someone Spin tonight into a postive for me... please!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    That you think you can make a declaration like that watching a preseason game basically saves us all the trouble of reading your posts in the future.

Chad may or may not be done. He made a few plays tonight, and a few mistakes as well. Looked healthy, at least. How much is a vanilla preseason offense, how much is him missing the second preseasn game, and how much is his dimisnhed skill nobody knows.

But nobody will know anything for sure until the Tennessee game, including you.

Veteran

I will not boycott the season, and I will watch every game, but my question is to those that are overly optimistic, after seeing what we saw tonight, what reason do we have to believe in Pennington... He showed nothing that a starting QB should have. I wanted to throw up. Someone Spin tonight into a postive for me... please!!!!!!!!!
    Agree...pennigton stinks but we have no choice as clemens is not ready and bollinger and ramsey suck.

djr44

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola
    That you think you can make a declaration like that watching a preseason game basically saves us all the trouble of reading your posts in the future.

Chad may or may not be done. He made a few plays tonight, and a few mistakes as well. Looked healthy, at least. How much is a vanilla preseason offense, how much is him missing the second preseasn game, and how much is his dimisnhed skill nobody knows.

But nobody will know anything for sure until the Tennessee game, including you.
    I was waiting for someone to say Vanilla offense... I guess in vanilla offense you loft passes to your recievers so that they can get killed... I guess in vanillia offense you overthrow outs... I guess in vanilla offense you underthrow INTs... the playcalling may be vanilla, but the skillset should not be. I'm calling Bull Sh1t on vanilla offense as an excuse.

Banned

I have a feeling should pennington stink it up..mangini will have a quick trigger..

feel better now???

Practice Squad
    Start the season with Pennington. Once we get off to a slow start, mangini should go right to clemens for the rest of the year. We arent going anywhere anyway. They might as well get clemens some experience. I love pennington's heart but we will never win a sb with him at qb.

I'm not an avid Chad supporter like some people on this board and I have my concerns about him just like any other Jet fan....but to overanalyze and over-react after 1 preseason game is flat out nuts. If you want to anaylze game performance, Eli had a worse game than Chad did. So what does that mean then? And Eli had time to throw. Chad and Clemens almost got put out on stretchers. I'd be more concerned about our o-line play than our QB play if anything right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23
    I'm not an avid Chad supporter like some people on this board and I have my concerns about him just like any other Jet fan....but to overanalyze and over-react after 1 preseason game is flat out nuts. If you want to anaylze game performance, Eli had a worse game than Chad did. So what does that mean then? And Eli had time to throw. Chad and Clemens almost got put out on stretchers. I'd be more concerned about our o-line play than our QB play if anything right now.
    my problem is on a very basic level. When chad did have the time to throw, and recievers were open, the basic skillset was not there to make the good throws. Trust me, I'm upset about a lot more than just the QB in this game, but when he did have the chance to perform, he didn't. Eli stunk, but he looked like he was making mistakes, as opposed to chad, who looked like he didn't have what it took to make the appropriate throws.

You can attack Eli's mental game, but that's fixable, what do we do about Chad's physical inequities that caused many problems tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    I have a feeling should pennington stink it up..mangini will have a quick trigger..

feel better now???
    For who though? Bollinger has probably looked better then any other QB this preseason, ya want Bolly in there and a top 5 pick next year?

Points are well taken Eric. I do agree there is concern with him as far as being able to make the throws (15 yrd outs, 20 yrd posts), etc. I just think we have to give him some time too. Remember he missed last weeks game against Washington which didn't help him at all as far as learning this new system. And it is a new system that everyone is getting used to and the WRs have to learn it just as much as the QB does. If it's after game 3 or game 4 and we are 0-3 or 0-4 and Chad just flat out sucks, then we all right to rip him apart. Heck, game 2 against Pats is going to determine a lot, right off the bat, on how the media and fans are going to treat him as a NY Jet not just for 2006, but for beyond. He needs to at least put up a respectable performance against the Pats D.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23
    Points are well taken Eric. I do agree there is concern with him as far as being able to make the throws (15 yrd outs, 20 yrd posts), etc. I just think we have to give him some time too. Remember he missed last weeks game against Washington which didn't help him at all as far as learning this new system. And it is a new system that everyone is getting used to and the WRs have to learn it just as much as the QB does. If it's after game 3 or game 4 and we are 0-3 or 0-4 and Chad just flat out sucks, then we all right to rip him apart. Heck, game 2 against Pats is going to determine a lot, right off the bat, on how the media and fans are going to treat him as a NY Jet not just for 2006, but for beyond. He needs to at least put up a respectable performance against the Pats D.
    and my fear is that if he could download the system into his brain, like in the matrix, it wouldn't be the issue. We all know chad is smart, and has the intangables... what I'm talking about is football in the backyard sense.

When the intelligence leads you to the right decision and then your physical capabilities need to pilot a ball into the numbers on a recievers chest. I have no doubt he'll learn the offense, but hey, Steven Hawkings could learn the offense, I'm not sure he'd be much of a QB though.

Banned
    When you said this was your final rant...didn't you mean just the one post...or do you just get to post in this thread every time you feel like ranting? What happens if this gets locked?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    When you said this was your final rant...didn't you mean just the one post...or do you just get to post in this thread every time you feel like ranting? What happens if this gets locked?
    when this thread disappears, i wont talk about chad, or how bad things are. If people respond to me, I will respond in kind.

and my fear is that if he could download the system into his brain, like in the matrix, it wouldn't be the issue. We all know chad is smart, and has the intangables... what I'm talking about is football in the backyard sense.

When the intelligence leads you to the right decision and then your physical capabilities need to pilot a ball into the numbers on a recievers chest. I have no doubt he'll learn the offense, but hey, Steven Hawkings could learn the offense, I'm not sure he'd be much of a QB though.
    I hear what you are saying, but to me Chad has always been a timing QB. Even before all of his injuries, he was a timing QB first more than anything else. Right now his timing is off because he is still getting used to playing again and the system. I hate to sound like a broken record talking about this system, but how many times do you hear throughout the NFL, how the QB needs to learn a new system when new coaches come along. In 2002, him and Coles always seemed to be in sync with each other, even before the play even started. Hopefully, those two can rekindle that because it seems Coles is the only reliable playmaker we have on offense. Tonight though, Chad almost got him killed on that one completion.

Banned
    Can you change the title of your post to :

"The last EriicYellin rant unless people respond to it, then I will rant some more...but only in this thread" ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    For who though? Bollinger has probably looked better then any other QB this preseason, ya want Bolly in there and a top 5 pick next year?
    insighful post.

Bollinger= another top 5 pick in next years draft. it would really hurt to watch another season like that this year.

Banned
    eric yellin your post is too long. i have no idea who you are so why would i waste my life looking at your stream of conscience.