Thread: As bad as we played

All Pro

As bad as we played

do you realize that if Brick doesn't have a false start and Miller doesn't taunt, we are looking at a 3-3 game at halftime. If Nuge can nail his FG, its 6-3 us. I mean, it was an ugly game but the Jets were hardly dominated or even outplayed for that matter. Yes I realize they are ifs but thise two ifs I mention are very fixable, no?

Hall Of Fame
    I'm with you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    do you realize that if Brick doesn't have a false start and Miller doesn't taunt, we are looking at a 3-3 game at halftime. If Nuge can nail his FG, its 6-3 us. I mean, it was an ugly game but the Jets were hardly dominated or even outplayed for that matter. Yes I realize they are ifs but thise two ifs I mention are very fixable, no?
    Enough of that nonsense...the sky is falling...we're going 0-16 and mangini doesnt make it out of this year..havent you heard??

All League
    It's getting harder to hang around and post here...you'd think that we were SB contenders and all.

I've now watched 3 pre-season games for this team with:

1. A new HC, OC, DC and systems on BOTH sides of the ball
    2. A young OL
    3. A HOF RB shelved because of injury
    4. A QB coming back from surgery and having played very little in 18 months

and what we've seen is that after the first half of each preseason game, when the starters have played, we've been in contention:

NYJ 3 TB 3
    NYJ 17 WASH 7
    NYJ 0 NYG 7

and this is against teams that went a combined 32-16 last year and each is considered a contender for winning their division and making the playoffs. I think people are forgetting that we get to play a 4-12 schedule this year.

Yet the level of *****ing is already hitting last years end of the season screaming.

I'm almost regretting having signed up for the JI Insider package.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Everyone is complaining about our conservative offense. The way I see it is, if we would play a wide open, pass happy game during pre season showing other teams what we can or can not do, we would help our reg-season opponents to be more prepared for us. This way let everyone think we can only play 2 or 3 yards passing and catch them off guard during the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles

We have a new HC, OC, DC new playbook. We have new running backs. We are evaluating which players stay and which are cut. We need to play marginal players to evaluate them. With all this said we are competing with good teams and holding our own. We may win half our games this year, maybe. With some luck we develop some play makers along the way and even do better. Who really knows what time it is.

All League
    Very true. I believe Herm was the kind of coach who would let stupid mistakes fly, but I can promise you, Justin Miller will never get called for that penalty again. Mangini will not stand for that crap. False start penalties happen all the time, it's just a matter of controlling yourself in important situations. He'll be fine.

All Pro
    Jacksonville was shutout for most of the game by TB in their pre-season game tonight. Do you really think their fans think they will stink this year b/c of this performance? No. And we shouldn't either. Sure we may stink but the 3rd pre-season game is not an indicator of this, believe me.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81
    It's getting harder to hang around and post here...you'd think that we were SB contenders and all.

I've now watched 3 pre-season games for this team with:

1. A new HC, OC, DC and systems on BOTH sides of the ball
    2. A young OL
    3. A HOF RB shelved because of injury
    4. A QB coming back from surgery and having played very little in 18 months

and what we've seen is that after the first half of each preseason game, when the starters have played, we've been in contention:

NYJ 3 TB 3
    NYJ 17 WASH 7
    NYJ 0 NYG 7

and this is against teams that went a combined 32-16 last year and each is considered a contender for winning their division and making the playoffs. I think people are forgetting that we get to play a 4-12 schedule this year.

Yet the level of *****ing is already hitting last years end of the season screaming.