Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceremony this year??

Banned

Ceremony this year??

Anybody think there might be some kind of half-time thing to honor one of the Jets' all-time greats...Wayne Chrebet??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    Anybody think there might be some kind of half-time thing to honor one of the Jets' all-time greats...Wayne Chrebet??
    hope so.

Banned
    The bigger question:

How much security will the Meadowlands need if they try to give Vinny Testaverde a similar halftime ceremony?

I'm so happy he's gone I'm willing to forgive most of the damage he caused here; but others won't be. Onions, potatos, watermellons, you name it will be raining down from the upper decks. Ugly scene.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    The bigger question:

How much security will the Meadowlands need if they try to give Vinny Testaverde a similar halftime ceremony?

I'm so happy he's gone I'm willing to forgive most of the damage he caused here; but others won't be. Onions, potatos, watermellons, you name it will be raining down from the upper decks. Ugly scene.

SAR I
    remind us, what planet do you live on again???

The bigger question:

SAR I
    ?????

All Pro
    A vinny day... lets have a Herm Edwards day before we have a Vinny day.

And who the hell wants a Herm day!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    remind us, what planet do you live on again???
    I live on the Planet Of Inconsistent Quarterbacks Who Get a Free Pass Because They're From Long Island, and I don't want to anymore.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    ?????
    What part of "Vinny Testaverde was a one-hit wonder who never won a big game" and "he can make all the throws except they're never on target" didn't you get while watching NFL football from 1999-2005?

My favorite is entitled "every time he leaves a team they improve".

Testaverde leaves Ravens, Ravens win Super Bowl.

Testaverde leaves Bucs, Bucs win Super Bowl.

Testaverde leaves Jets, Jets one-kick-away from AFC Championship Game.

Testaverde leaves Cowboys, Cowboys improve 5 games in standings.

SAR I

Veteran
    What part of "Vinny Testaverde was a one-hit wonder who never won a big game" and "he can make all the throws except they're never on target" didn't you get while watching NFL football from 1999-2005?

SAR I

Kind of like Stephon Marbury.

Veteran
    i want them to have sometihng for chrebet like have them retire his number

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan4eva@aol.com
    i want them to have sometihng for chrebet like have them retire his number
    =========================================
    I do not believe they should retire Wayne's #80, but a ceremony at half time would be nice for a career Jet who gave it his all and was a class act start to finish, a definite fan favorite.
    Wayne did have a retirement ceremony about 2 months ago, a nice dinner and presentation put on by the Jets FO

Hall Of Fame

SAR I
    wow, talk about distortion. you're nuts

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel
    A vinny day... lets have a Herm Edwards day before we have a Vinny day.

And who the hell wants a Herm day!!!!

Rajensen.

All Pro

SAR I
    Testaverde plays Jets get into AFC Championship game - but lose on fumbles by Keith BYars, Alex Van Dyke & a misplayed kick off by Dave Megget

Veteran
    How about a ceremony for my ALL TIME favorite Jet, Victor Green. They signed him this off season so he can retire as a Jet. He was a class act too and I can't blame him for NOT taking a pay cut, thus having to be traded to the Pats that year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    Testaverde plays Jets get into AFC Championship game - but lose on fumbles by Keith BYars, Alex Van Dyke & a misplayed kick off by Dave Megget
    Like I said, one-year-wonderverde.

The rest of his career? Different ways of losing intermixed with flashes of losing and the occassional loss.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    wow, talk about distortion. you're nuts
    ....said the kid with the username Jetfan16 in honor of his hero.

The rest of us on planet One-Year-Wonderverde know better. There was no standing ovation upon his return in '00, no outcry when he was dumped for Chad Pennington in '02, no standing ovation when he was cut in '04, nothing but "told ya so"s for the poor Cowboy fans, and nothing but a big sigh from the faithful when he was a last chance joke when the other three QB's on the roster couldn't tie their shoes.

Twenty years from now, we'll realize that the Parcells/Bradway era of 1998-2004 was brought to a crashing halt by two people: Herman Edwards and Vinny Testaverde. With a lousy HC, you can still be successful. With a lousy QB, you are doomed.

SAR I

All Pro
    Like I said, one-year-wonderverde.

The rest of his career? Different ways of losing intermixed with flashes of losing and the occassional loss.

SAR I
    that is the story of any of our Qbs -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    that is the story of any of our Qbs -
    Correct, and.....

That's what makes the Parcells Golden Era of 1998-2004 so hard to swallow. If we had a better QB, a QB that could throw darts and stay healthy, we had a legitimate chance to win a Super Bowl.

We caught fluke lightning in a bottle when Testaverde was signed as veteran backup insurance to Glenn Foley in '98. We then wasted 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2005 on him. 2002 was a 'save' by Chad after VT's 0-4 (thank you Chad Morton) start. He's the worst QB in Jets history. Never was a Jets QB given so much talent and coaching around him and did so little with it.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    ....said the kid with the username Jetfan16 in honor of his hero.

The rest of us on planet One-Year-Wonderverde know better. There was no standing ovation upon his return in '00, no outcry when he was dumped for Chad Pennington in '02, no standing ovation when he was cut in '04, nothing but "told ya so"s for the poor Cowboy fans, and nothing but a big sigh from the faithful when he was a last chance joke when the other three QB's on the roster couldn't tie their shoes.

Twenty years from now, we'll realize that the Parcells/Bradway era of 1998-2004 was brought to a crashing halt by two people: Herman Edwards and Vinny Testaverde. With a lousy HC, you can still be successful. With a lousy QB, you are doomed.

SAR I
    explain 10-6 in 2001??? explain 2 TDS vs bills in 2002, followed by a 4 game TEAM collapse....