Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our running game was pathetic

Banned

our running game was pathetic

if this is what we have to look forward to from our running game, then it's going to be a long season. the better teams are going to rip us a new a*shole with this type of performance.

All League
    It takes some time for an O-line to come together. Hopefully, it will happen soon.

Veteran
    relax man, barlow had a decent 3.5 ypc and is still learning the system, he will be the main back in 1-2 weeks and looks like he can handle the load too. he runs hard and hits the holes unlike blalock.

All Pro
    I agree, I cant imagine Blaylock getting the majority of the carries in another game. He is a change of pace guy. He is def not an everydown back. I think Barlow is the best back on the team. ( i Know that is not saying much) but he does have some talent. Mangini has to start him week 2

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    if this is what we have to look forward to from our running game, then it's going to be a long season. the better teams are going to rip us a new a*shole with this type of performance.
    Nonexistent is what I would call it. The line seems to have learned how to pass protect but not run block.

All League
    Blaylock still hasnt shown me anything, although run blocking was poor he was awful. Why was there like 2 sweeps called the whole game? The Titans just stacked the line and Blaylock ran right into them 20 times.

All Pro
    I think it will take some time, remember most of the best running teams take about 3 or 4 games till they get into a good flow . I think we will be fine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

The offensive line's run blocking was terrible. They just didn't create any lanes and couldn't get a push going. Hopefully they will improve on that.

Practice Squad
    Our running game will be a sore spot this entire season. Blaylock looked pathetic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I think it will take some time, remember most of the best running teams take about 3 or 4 games till they get into a good flow . I think we will be fine.

i really hope so. i know it usually takes a couple of games for the line and backs to get into a groove. and we are starting 2 rooks on the line. not to mention that kendall did get hurt (what is the situation with that?). but blaylock looked terrible, imo. even when the sweeps were called he looked tentative with littlw burst. it's a testament to chad with what he was able to accomplish with the littel help he got from the running game.

Given how well our passing game was going, I'm surprised that the rushing game went so poorly. You'd think it would have opened up the defense for at least a few good runs. Between the tackles we were horrible.

Barlow has to step it up or he's gone next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever
    Given how well our passing game was going, I'm surprised that the rushing game went so poorly. You'd think it would have opened up the defense for at least a few good runs. Between the tackles we were horrible.

Barlow has to step it up or he's gone next year.

so you think barlow was worse than blaylock? if anything, imo, barlow was the best RB in a green uniform today.

Practice Squad
    How about the pass blocking from the RBs? Terrible. Blaylock completely whiffed on the sack where Pennington coughed it up for the TD.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    Blaylock still hasnt shown me anything, although run blocking was poor he was awful. Why was there like 2 sweeps called the whole game? The Titans just stacked the line and Blaylock ran right into them 20 times.
    Blaylock was so tentative going to the holes, and he looked very slow in general. The only nice run was on that last drive where he looked like he was going to lose yards and he wound up with a three or four yard gain. Other than that, he didn't show jack.

Hall Of Fame

I Disagree with the Notion that the "Running Game" Sucked...

IMO, it was Blaylock who did a poor job of hitting the holes (the 4th quarter was a "unique" situation) I think Barlow played well and I hope he gets more carries next week.

All Pro
    Tennessee are no slouches against the run. I'm still worried about the run game myself, but part of the credit has to go to the Tenn D.

All Pro
    Do I see Houston waiting in the wing!! He might not be that much better but he doesn't hesitate running through holes.Now if he can get rid of the fumble bug , I wouldn't mind giving him a try.I don't see many holes coming next week either..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo32382
    How about the pass blocking from the RBs? Terrible. Blaylock completely whiffed on the sack where Pennington coughed it up for the TD.

yeah i mentioned this in yjf's thread. if thats going to be the MO we can look forward to another year finished off by our #4 qb.

Rookie
    Barlow will be the starter next week, he will be ok and the run game will be better.

Worm

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    IMO, it was Blaylock who did a poor job of hitting the holes (the 4th quarter was a "unique" situation) I think Barlow played well and I hope he gets more carries next week.
    There wasnt holes for Blaylock or Barlow to hit.

The Offensive Line was the problem there, they did not open up a single hole for Blaylock. The only reason that Barlow looked decent himself was because he hit the outside and broke one carry for like 11 yds. Otherwise he did as bad as Blaylock did.

Dont rip the Runningbacks because there wasnt a hole to hit, blame the Offensive Line for not making one.