Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pats/Jills gamme. My opinion on the refs made FACT

All League

Pats/Jills gamme. My opinion on the refs made FACT

Did any of you see the f-ing patise vs. Jills game today. There is no more question about this issue. The league definitely has a credibility issue with the GD refs. 4 MAJOR calls ALL went against the Bills. I know of a few pats fans who admit it. I am gelleful with our victory, but you just know that this BS with the refs and the patriots is going to affect us. it is almost like you have to win against 2 teams. ANY close or questionable call is going to go their way. It ssucks, but this is the reality that Paul Tagliabue created.

Moga III

Veteran
    I didn't get to catch any of the game at the bar and they didn't really show it on the highlights, do you remember what happened on those questionable plays? Thanks.

Undrafted Free Agent
    THE JUFFALO JILLS

Hall Of Fame
    This is one thing I total agree with Moga on, on any 50/50 call it goes the Pats way, it's been that way for 4 years now.

Hall Of Fame
    there was nothing questionable about the safety to win the game.

I saw the game, as it was on right next to the Jets game where I was.

NE got dominated in the first half. Their defense got shredded by big plays, and the offense gave up a big TO. Brady looked completely depressed as the entire NE team was out of synch.

The second half was a different story. Brady made big play after big play. The NE defense came up HUGE.

I dunno about any calls gping the Pat's way. The scoreboard says it all.

Hall Of Fame
    we got a few huge breaks today, why would the nfl want to cheat for us ???

they need to make the nfl refs full timers

they are accountants during the week

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise

Yeah really, obviously there's enough money created by this league to have a full-time official staff.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga
    Did any of you see the f-ing patise vs. Jills game today. There is no more question about this issue. The league definitely has a credibility issue with the GD refs. 4 MAJOR calls ALL went against the Bills. I know of a few pats fans who admit it. I am gelleful with our victory, but you just know that this BS with the refs and the patriots is going to affect us. it is almost like you have to win against 2 teams. ANY close or questionable call is going to go their way. It ssucks, but this is the reality that Paul Tagliabue created.

Moga III
    What the hell is "gelleful"?

Veteran
    The game was lost by the Bill's inability to pick up a 4th and 2. The ref's spot was a little stingey, but McGahee should have bulled into the line instead of trying to juke.

I do question how in a close fought, aggressive game, the Pats only got flagged once for too many men in the huddle ...but I've come to accept the reality that NFL refs have a tendency to expect penalties from some teams (and therefore look for them) and not expect better teams to make the same mistakes (and therefore let things slide). Is it right? No, in fact it's essentially laziness by the officials, but it is the reality of being a bad team in the NFL.

Bottom line, I expected to get soundly beat by the Pats in Foxboro, and the Bills actually gave the Pats a damn good fight. They are still 0-1, but as I've been saying all pre-season, the Bills will not be the walk-over doormats that a lot of national "experts" think they will be.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    The game was lost by the Bill's inability to pick up a 4th and 2. The ref's spot was a little stingey, but McGahee should have bulled into the line instead of trying to juke.
    I commend you for putting the onus on McGahee, not the officials --he certainly shouldn't have given the officials the opportunity to screw it up.

But, that was a bad spot, plain and simple. If the Yellow Line is an accurate indicator of the first down marker (and it may not always be), that was a first down.

Veteran
    Wow, already jets fans are going to blame the refs for the Pats win. It is only week1. By the way the Pats during BBs run, has always had more penalties than the jets, both yardage and number of calls. And a few of those years they were among the most penalized teams in the league. So I guess as much as the refs like the Pats, they like the jets that much more.

The spot is a spot, you know without a doubt Mcgahee crossed the line of scrimmage, maybe that is your Pats hatred that saw that. From most every angle, Mcgahees knee was down, nd he lunged sideways and not forward. And it was not a 4th and inches it was 4th and solid yard, so he had to move forward to get the 1st down.

I guess you also missed the Denver playoff game last year. The Pats get screwed by the refs more often than most teams, but they always overcome the calls, and win, so it is never made into a big deal. The day the jets don't get the friendly whistle, will be the 1st day.

By the way nice saving PI call on a Chad int, that helped the Jets get a a TD. I am sure all those penalties against the Titans didn't help the jets out at all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga

Moga III
    Frank, c'mon thats weak even for you. On a week where the Jets had a BIG win and the Pats squeaked by, your concern is the fantasy that the league has told the refs to favor the Pats? Can you just tell me WHY the league favors the Pats?

Veteran
    Actually if you have TIVO there's a pretty good angle of where the ball is when McGahee's knees first hit the ground. The refs actually gave him a VERY generous spot. He slid and reached forward after his knee hit the ball and the refs gave him some of that extra yardage. But even with the extra yardage he was short.

Bottom line, I expected to get soundly beat by the Pats in Foxboro, and the Bills actually gave the Pats a damn good fight. They are still 0-1, but as I've been saying all pre-season, the Bills will not be the walk-over doormats that a lot of national "experts" think they will be.
    I agree. I was expecting to win by forty. The Bills looked good. They put a lot of pressure on Brady and kept him out of rythem for almost three quarters. But the most promising sign for Buffali, IMO, has to be Losman. The guy looked good to me.

I think the Bills are very similar to the Jets this season in that it all depends on what kind of production they get out of the quarterback position. If week one is an accurate indication of what we're going to see this season, both teams are going to be much tougher than people think.

That's good b/c I don't like people feeling that they can knock the Patriots b/c the AFC East sucks. Hopefully 2005 will prove to be an abberation.

All Pro
    Not to stir the fire, but the Pats have had some questionable calls these past few years. Have the Jets? Of course (Vinny's phantom TD over the Seahawks), but in general, calls tend to go the Pats way more than not...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Jets got a break on the INT. Giants got a horrible call on the offensive pass interference. Some bad calls this week...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve
    Not to stir the fire, but the Pats have had some questionable calls these past few years. Have the Jets? Of course (Vinny's phantom TD over the Seahawks), but in general, calls tend to go the Pats way more than not...
    All depends on your rooting interest I assure you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT
    Wow, already jets fans are going to blame the refs for the Pats win. It is only week1. By the way the Pats during BBs run, has always had more penalties than the jets, both yardage and number of calls. And a few of those years they were among the most penalized teams in the league. So I guess as much as the refs like the Pats, they like the jets that much more.

The spot is a spot, you know without a doubt Mcgahee crossed the line of scrimmage, maybe that is your Pats hatred that saw that. From most every angle, Mcgahees knee was down, nd he lunged sideways and not forward. And it was not a 4th and inches it was 4th and solid yard, so he had to move forward to get the 1st down.

I guess you also missed the Denver playoff game last year. The Pats get screwed by the refs more often than most teams, but they always overcome the calls, and win, so it is never made into a big deal. The day the jets don't get the friendly whistle, will be the 1st day.

By the way nice saving PI call on a Chad int, that helped the Jets get a a TD. I am sure all those penalties against the Titans didn't help the jets out at all.
    Not Jets fans, one in particular.

Stevie Wonder could have seen that it was PI. Only that idiot Wilcox would question 2 defenders taking down a receiver before the pass reached him. Hell there was a forearm around his neck before the pass reached Baker.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    there was nothing questionable about the safety to win the game.

I saw the game, as it was on right next to the Jets game where I was.

NE got dominated in the first half. Their defense got shredded by big plays, and the offense gave up a big TO. Brady looked completely depressed as the entire NE team was out of synch.

The second half was a different story. Brady made big play after big play. The NE defense came up HUGE.

I dunno about any calls gping the Pat's way. The scoreboard says it all.
    Well said.

Yea, the reason why the Pats won yesterday was because of the refs.

Veteran
    TX,

Any indication in New England on why the whistle blew on the Donte Whitner interception? His foot was never less than 2 feet from the out of bounds line. It just seems like one of those odd, never-explained gaffs by the officiating crew that happens league-wide week after week and just gets caught up in the flotsam and jetsom of the week.

Bottom line, there is absolutely, no defendable reason for blowing that play dead. Even if ther was a block in the back penalty (a pretty weak one BTW) on the play, it still doesn't explain the whistle...if it was bacause the official thought he was out of bounds, then the league needs to seriously consider tighter sanctions against poor officiating...it wasn't even close enough to consider shrugging it off as a mistake.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise

Watch it. We accountants (dmaynard and I) can do a much better job. They're bankers.