Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd sightings in Nashville

Veteran

Smile Odd sightings in Nashville

WOODY IS IN THE HOUSE: About an hour before the game, I was eating on the club level and Woody came up and introduced himself to my friends and I. We made small talk for about five minutes. We told him we love Managini and all the moves we been making. My friend told him the only thing we didn't like was the fact Managini was younger then us. He laughed and said "me too."

CHAD PENNINGTON HAS NO ARM: As we left the stadium we saw a guy wearing a Chad jersey who literally had no arm. Too sick to be funny, too odd not to mention.

BRONX VIC IS EVERYWHERE: Staturday night I went to about 10 bars. I ran into Vic in at least 8 of them. And that was before I was seeing double.

DAVE BALL IS THE MAN: Anyone who thinks the NFL is more about players then systems is on crack. How else does a PS guy in S.D. become a stud here?

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO: At Coyote Ugly a bartender biiatch slaps a guy on the ass with a belt repeatedly. When he good naturedly touches hers, the bouncer physically toss him out.

WHY ALL THE SHOUTING?: As I approached the tailgate (extremely hungover) I was greated by a group 50 Jets fans screaming J-E-T-S at a bunch of Titans fans yearing the very original GO Titans! in each others faces. It was very loud, yet orderly. Wasn't until I walked away that I realized there was a news camera in the middle.

DON'T HATE, CONGRADULATE: Damn their friendly in the south. People would say - I think we're gonna beat you, and then - thanks for coming to
    Nashville, and mean it. The above shouting sighting? All the Jets fans were white, all the Titans fans were black. Yet everyone couldn't have been friendlier. Odd.

SO WHERE YOU FROM?: Having a conversation the night before between myself (LAJET), TENNESSEEJET and QUEENSJET. And we all thought our screen names were original.

FIGHTING A JETS FAN FOR BEING A JETS FAN:After the game I was eating some dinner and this plasted Jets fan was trying to talk to me in the john. I was tired, and not in the mood for the guy. So ignored him. He started yelling "Are you a Jets fan or not? (I was wearing a jersey). I was in "DeNiro - you talking to ME?!" mode in a mill-second, but luckily his friend got in the way.

EXCELLENT REPRESENTATION: I'd say 25% off the stadium (on the vistors side) was in green. We were a bit spread out to get a good J-E-T-S chant going, though everyone pretty much wrecked there voices the night before.

PUKING BEFORE THE GAME: Saturday was fun. Really fun. However, ribs DO NOT taste good the on the way back out.

NOT THE SAME OLD JETS, BUT... Winning the game, which at halftime seemed a done deal, was nice, but as usually our boys made us work for it. When the last play happened almost no one cheered because we could really tell what happened. I'm still recovering.

...And a fine time was had by all.

Veteran
    Sounds like a good time LAJET. Wish we could've shared it with you.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Too cool for school!

Good read, thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJET
    DON'T HATE, CONGRADULATE: Damn their friendly in the south. People would say - I think we're gonna beat you, and then - thanks for coming to
    Nashville, and mean it. The above shouting sighting? All the Jets fans were white, all the Titans fans were black. Yet everyone couldn't have been friendlier. Odd.
    It seems like you've never been to a Miami game...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great post. Thanks for giving us a sense of what the environment was like there for Jets fans. Now take two aspirin, get some sleep and post again in the morning!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCRW
    It seems like you've never been to a Miami game...
    Actually, I lived in Miami for 5 years and went to the game every year. Always about 40% Jets fans and far too many men wearing teal!

All Pro
    So you gonna answer me boy? Are you a Jets fan or not??

j/k

Veteran
    I was in Nashville for 34 hours, of which 9 were spent flying.

HELL YEAH, I'M A FAN ; )

Veteran

A few more to add, now that the haze is clearing...

SO THAT'S WHAT CHEAP DRINKS LOOK LIKE: Round of 5 - 4 beers and a Jack and Ginger, $14. I'm surprised I didn't stay.

ALL THAT AND BLUEGRASS TOO: Same bar as above, good music and I didn't feel like I was in a scene from Delverance.

HAVE YOU EVER BOOGIED IN A BOOT STORE?: Ended the night in a bar that is a boot store dooring the day (odd). Place also had the best bumber sticker I saw in town - "I ain't bashful - I'm from Nashville!"

WHAT'S WITH THE ASS PINCHING?: My buddy, who ain't no male model, had his ass pinched by college girls walking by on the street not once, but twice. Odd.

MORE BACELORETTE PARTIES THEN VEGAS: See above.

CORNY: I you add cream, butter and a lot of sugar to corn, is it still considered a vegetable? Jack's on 4th street was good, not great. But fun.

BADNISS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING: Bob, did you get stuck at Graceland? Never did see you before, during or after the game.

That is all...

Rookie
    Haha

Good read.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Infamous One
    Haha

Good read.

Thanks. And I just realized this - last Jets road win? At AZ, a trip I was also at. Might have to start traveling more.

All League
    Charter JI Member

SO WHERE YOU FROM?: Having a conversation the night before between myself (LAJET), TENNESSEEJET and QUEENSJET. And we all thought our screen names were original.
    How can you names be original when I was the very first [INSERT LOCATION NAME HERE]Jet on the board!!!!

And if not the first, then the coolest because my name is kinda like IndianaJones but not.......

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

It was a great time ,The Tenn fans & TENN. host (jack) who set up the tailgate we`re great ,We took over the broadway brewhouse sat. with JET chants about every 5 min. for between 2- 3 hours then moved on to COYOTE UGLY ,the huge group of JET fans singing NEW YORK, NEWYORK in there was priceless!!! It was great seeing everyone out there

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet
    It was a great time ,The Tenn fans & TENN. host (jack) who set up the tailgate we`re great ,We took over the broadway brewhouse sat. with JET chants about every 5 min. for between 2- 3 hours then moved on to COYOTE UGLY ,the huge group of JET fans singing NEW YORK, NEWYORK in there was priceless!!! It was great seeing everyone out there
    Good seeing you Joisey. But you gotta lose the whole tie with the jersey thing. Makes you look drunk well before you are...

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    WOODY IS IN THE HOUSE: About an hour before the game, I was eating on the club level and Woody came up and introduced himself to my friends and I. We made small talk for about five minutes. We told him we love Managini and all the moves we been making. My friend told him the only thing we didn't like was the fact Managini was younger then us. He laughed and said "me too."

CHAD PENNINGTON HAS NO ARM: As we left the stadium we saw a guy wearing a Chad jersey who literally had no arm. Too sick to be funny, too odd not to mention.

BRONX VIC IS EVERYWHERE: Staturday night I went to about 10 bars. I ran into Vic in at least 8 of them. And that was before I was seeing double.

DAVE BALL IS THE MAN: Anyone who thinks the NFL is more about players then systems is on crack. How else does a PS guy in S.D. become a stud here?

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO: At Coyote Ugly a bartender biiatch slaps a guy on the ass with a belt repeatedly. When he good naturedly touches hers, the bouncer physically toss him out.

WHY ALL THE SHOUTING?: As I approached the tailgate (extremely hungover) I was greated by a group 50 Jets fans screaming J-E-T-S at a bunch of Titans fans yearing the very original GO Titans! in each others faces. It was very loud, yet orderly. Wasn't until I walked away that I realized there was a news camera in the middle.

FIGHTING A JETS FAN FOR BEING A JETS FAN:After the game I was eating some dinner and this plasted Jets fan was trying to talk to me in the john. I was tired, and not in the mood for the guy. So ignored him. He started yelling "Are you a Jets fan or not? (I was wearing a jersey). I was in "DeNiro - you talking to ME?!" mode in a mill-second, but luckily his friend got in the way.

EXCELLENT REPRESENTATION: I'd say 25% off the stadium (on the vistors side) was in green. We were a bit spread out to get a good J-E-T-S chant going, though everyone pretty much wrecked there voices the night before.

PUKING BEFORE THE GAME: Saturday was fun. Really fun. However, ribs DO NOT taste good the on the way back out.

NOT THE SAME OLD JETS, BUT... Winning the game, which at halftime seemed a done deal, was nice, but as usually our boys made us work for it. When the last play happened almost no one cheered because we could really tell what happened. I'm still recovering.

...And a fine time was had by all.

Glad you had a good time, and I was happy to meet you Saturday night at the Brewhouse! Enjoy the beach and your skiing...

A weird moment for me was on the drive home. My wife and I decide to stop at a random exit in middle Tennessee to get some food at Arby's and a potty break. We get in the Arby's, and about 2-3 minutes later 2 Jets fans come in (guy and wife). We starting chatting, and they are also from Knoxville! Further, they live about 5 minutes away from us. Coincidence!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxJetFan
    A weird moment for me was on the drive home. My wife and I decide to stop at a random exit in middle Tennessee to get some food at Arby's and a potty break. We get in the Arby's, and about 2-3 minutes later 2 Jets fans come in (guy and wife). We starting chatting, and they are also from Knoxville! Further, they live about 5 minutes away from us. Coincidence!
    How about this one - I'm talking to a guy at Coyote Ugly, we talking Jets, says he's a fan. I tell him I'm originally from LI. He says so is his wife. Turns out went to H.S. together. Small world.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    How about this one - I'm talking to a guy at Coyote Ugly, we talking Jets, says he's a fan. I tell him I'm originally from LI. He says so is his wife. Turns out went to H.S. together. Small world.
    You got me on that one! Driving east from Nashville one might run into Knoxville Jet fans, though it was a real obscure little exit outside Cookeville...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Sounds like a blast. And Vic's a good friend - wish I would have made plans to go with him and watch the game with everybody, but maybe next time.

My wife Roxanne and I had a blast the whole weekend. It was great seeing everybody and meeting some others as well. See whoever is going in Jacksonville.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxJetFan
    Glad you had a good time, and I was happy to meet you Saturday night at the Brewhouse! Enjoy the beach and your skiing...

My son and I sat next to 2 Jet fans from Knoxville. The girl had a Jet sticker on her face. Nice young couple..