Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giant Fans = Boring

Veteran

Giant Fans = Boring

I got a free ticket to the manning bowl sunday and i must say that Giant fans are pretty lame.

The game was good, but I remember on a reverse to Chad Morton more than 6 "fans" cheered "yeah moss", and i had to point out it was Morton.

Just figured i'd let everyone know that the general atmosphere sucks unless the jets are playing in the meadowlands and that Giant fans are stupid and dont even know who's on their team.

Oh, and that the Giants are overrated and suck.

Thats all.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    they're a buncha wine and cheese eaters.

Veteran
    Average age of a Giant season ticket holder is 137 years.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashlight1
    I got a free ticket to the manning bowl sunday and i must say that Giant fans are pretty lame.

The game was good, but I remember on a reverse to Chad Morton more than 6 "fans" cheered "yeah moss", and i had to point out it was Morton.

Just figured i'd let everyone know that the general atmosphere sucks unless the jets are playing in the meadowlands and that Giant fans are stupid and dont even know who's on their team.

Oh, and that the Giants are overrated and suck.

Thats all.
    .... This is indeed a FACT.... out of all my friends, there are just 2 of us Jet fans.... the rest are Giant fans.... and I know for a fact, they no NOTHING about thier team.... I have to constantly correct them on every assinine remark they make. Most recent stupid remark I've heard is..... "This Jacobs guy is a monster.... the only reason we got him, is because everyone was sucking off Bush.... and we're lucky he slipped to us.".... I SWEAR.... this remark is %100 true.... and I had to school him with the facts.... as I laughed my a$$ off....
    Last edited by 13; 09-12-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants
    Average age of a Giant season ticket holder is 137 years.
    thats what a Giant fan said to me too.

I noticed a lot of young fans though, figured there would be a lot more energy.

Maybe they know that there QB will never make it past the 1st rd of the playoffs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I always hear how Giant fans are the well heeled, wine and cheesers, but Ive been to a bunch of Giant games, and I gotta tell ya, I can't see all that much difference.

Yeah, perhaps there are a few more old, old timers at the game, but in general its pretty much the same, noise wise as a Jets game.

Lets face it, Jet fans barely make any noise unless its on 3rd down or Fireman Ed is leading the chant.

Its always shocking to me how rowdy and boisterous the parking lot is but when you get inside, the thing you hear most is "Down in front".

And as far as Giant fans not knowing anything about their team, as with every team, there are die hards, the imbeciles who think they know everything, and the casual fans. As we see on this site, there are plenty of Jet fans who spew nonsense --its like that with every team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    I always hear how Giant fans are the well heeled, wine and cheesers, but Ive been to a bunch of Giant games, and I gotta tell ya, I can't see all that much difference.

Yeah, perhaps there are a few more old, old timers at the game, but in general its pretty much the same, noise wise as a Jets game.

Lets face it, Jet fans barely make any noise unless its on 3rd down or Fireman Ed is leading the chant.

Its always shocking to me how rowdy and boisterous the parking lot is but when you get inside, the thing you hear most is "Down in front".

And as far as Giant fans not knowing anything about their team, as with every team, there are die hards, the imbeciles who think they know everything, and the casual fans. As we see on this site, there are plenty of Jet fans who spew nonsense --its like that with every team.
    Crash - I didnt realize you were a Gints fan.

Veteran
    and I know for a fact, they no NOTHING about thier team.... I have to constantly correct them on every assinine remark they make. Most recent stupid remark I've heard is..... "This Jacobs guy is a monster.... the only reason we got him, is because everyone was sucking off Bush.... and we're lucky he slipped to us.".... I SWEAR.... this remark is %100 true.... and I had to school him with the facts.... as I laughed my a$$ off....
    Its almost embarrassing.

How about "what are you doing?! throw the goddamn ball to Shockey!", like he's invinsible or something.

i ****ing hate the giants and there fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight1
    Crash - I didnt realize you were a Gints fan.
    Ouch, that hurts.

I'll give our fanbase credit though....one thing we are good at is booing. We're probably second best in that category behind Philly.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by 13
    .... This is indeed a FACT.... out of all my friends, there are just 2 of us Jet fans.... the rest are Giant fans.... and I know for a fact, they no NOTHING about thier team.... I have to constantly correct them on every assinine remark they make. Most recent stupid remark I've heard is..... "This Jacobs guy is a monster.... the only reason we got him, is because everyone was sucking off Bush.... and we're lucky he slipped to us.".... I SWEAR.... this remark is %100 true.... and I had to school him with the facts.... as I laughed my a$$ off....
    Please dont put all us GIANT fans in that catergory.There are fans of every team that dont know crap.

All Pro

I agree. Jets fans might be a little younger and rowdier on average, but the crowds are largely the same.

Hall Of Fame

exactly... jets fans aren't that loud, either

All League
    I don't know if this is true but John Madden said that he doesn't know of another team whose fans cheer for their defense when on 3rd down that's louder then the Giants.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    exactly... jets fans aren't that loud, either
    Couldn't agree more. Jets fans are usually sitting on their hands waiting for something to go wrong. Every stadium is noisy when things are going well or when their team is in the red zone. Otherwise Jets fans a pretty quiet bunch.

We look noisy, but we're not.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    I don't know if this is true but John Madden said that he doesn't know of another team whose fans cheer for their defense when on 3rd down that's louder then the Giants.
    John Madden might think this is the same team with LT , Banks and Carson on it.He always use to make that statement during that era.They don't seem no diferent then us. Plus they don't be no girls at Giant games either. Just a lot of old folks with a mix of some youngsters.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    Couldn't agree more. Jets fans are usually sitting on their hands waiting for something to go wrong. Every stadium is noisy when things are going well or when their team is in the red zone. Otherwise Jets fans a pretty quiet bunch.

We look noisy, but we're not.
    Do you blame us with the history of odd blunders . Its sad that we are spoiled on disappointments and are just waiting for the world to cave in.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Do you blame us with the history of odd blunders . Its sad that we are spoiled on disappointments and are just waiting for the world to cave in.
    We have to put that in the past.

Just Look at Jets fans. Most wearing XXXXL jerseys and raised in Italian and Irish families. We definitely have the potential to be loud. We just have to act on it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    We have to put that in the past.

Just Look at Jets fans. Most wearing XXXXL jerseys and raised in Italian and Irish families. We definitely have the potential to be loud. We just have to act on it.
    We have been trying to put it in the past since Joe Willy raised that infamous finger running off the field. I don't like it either but it is what it is..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    We have been trying to put it in the past since Joe Willy raised that infamous finger running off the field. I don't like it either but it is what it is..
    You know, it sure looked like it was gonna happen again on Sunday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    What a meaningless statement. Every team is loud on 3rd down. No matter how pathetic a fan base, if a fan makes the effort to go to the game to watch his team, he will cheer on 3rd down. I bet even the Falcons make noise on 3rd down.