Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Rutgers crack the top 25 after this week?

Hall Of Fame

Can Rutgers crack the top 25 after this week?

#31 this week - Third straight domination

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I dont think we'll crack it this week..we'll prob be around 28 or 29 after this week.

Hall Of Fame
    They Can Have My Canes Spot After Today

Banned

I agree with vilmatime, BB ... I'd love to see RU crack the TOP 25, but I think that's a few weeks away

I posted their schedule last week, I think 6-0 is very doable ... RU should be favored in the next 3 Games, so they're Games RU is supposed to win

But if they Get it done, win the next 3 and run their record to 6-0, I think the TOP 25 is in the cards

Hall Of Fame
    actually, now that I think about it... ya'll are right - it wasn't even a domination. they took care of business but Teel could have played a lot better and they could've really ran up a big score

Hall Of Fame
    I agree, a few weeks away still. How odd is it though- RU has a better record than:
    Notre Dame
    Clemson
    LSU
    Miami
    Penn State etc

I know the schedule is lighter, but still, a landmark for a team that won 11 games in my 4 years there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CantBelieveIStillLoveThem
    I agree, a few weeks away still. How odd is it though- RU has a better record than:
    Notre Dame
    Clemson
    LSU
    Miami
    Penn State etc
    Yet they're better than none of those teams. 309 total yards at home against Ohio ? Not very impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Yet they're better than none of those teams. 309 total yards at home against Ohio ?
    Did he say that? Read.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CantBelieveIStillLoveThem
    Notre Dame
    Clemson
    LSU
    Miami
    Penn State etc

I know the schedule is lighter, but still, a landmark for a team that won 11 games in my 4 years there.
    That's a good candidate for understatement of the day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I can't believe RU cracking the top 25 is a realistic possibility right now. I am totally speechless. For anyone that witnessed the dark days of football at Rutgers, I'm sure you feel exactly the same way. I never thought something like this was possible.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

UM's sinking like a stone, but They can't have our coach. NOPE!

They may not crack the top 25 till the get to 5-0.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

jumbalya.. thanks for the tickets.. it was great meeting you..

rutgers.. didnt you go to homecoming? how can you even see the keyboard to type straight?

btw.. i was at RU from 96 to 2000.. not exactly their glory days

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82
    jumbalya.. thanks for the tickets.. it was great meeting you..

rutgers.. didnt you go to homecoming? how can you even see the keyboard to type straight?

btw.. i was at RU from 96 to 2000.. not exactly their glory days
    Yeah, I got back at like 830. I stopped drinking around 4 (I started at 7 AM), so I'm just really burnt now. I usually don't go out in New Brunswick afterwards during homecoming, and there's two reasons for that. 1) I have no desire to drink anymore alchohol by that time anyways. (Nor do my friends). We party so hard on the field all day that we've got nothing left by the time nighttime hits. 2) That town is nothing but trouble on nights like tonight. I wanted no part of it. You're almost guarenteed to get in a fight and/or deal with police on nights like this. Which wouldn't be anything new to me, but I just wasn't in the mood tonight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

I can't believe RU cracking the top 25 is a realistic possibility right now. I am totally speechless. For anyone that witnessed the dark days of football at Rutgers, I'm sure you feel exactly the same way. I never thought something like this was possible.
    If Rutgers just takes care of business and wins the games their supposed to win prior to Pitt, WVU, and Louisville, you will see them crack the TOP 25 this year

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, I got back at like 830. I stopped drinking around 4 (I started at 7 AM), so I'm just really burnt now. I usually don't go out in New Brunswick afterwards during homecoming, and there's two reasons for that. 1) I have no desire to drink anymore alchohol by that time anyways. (Nor do my friends). We party so hard on the field all day that we've got nothing left by the time nighttime hits. 2) That town is nothing but trouble on nights like tonight. I wanted no part of it. You're almost guarenteed to get in a fight and/or deal with police on nights like this. Which wouldn't be anything new to me, but I just wasn't in the mood tonight.
    New Brunswick was a mad house last night - good times

Veteran
    Rutgers you gonna be at the game today?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    New Brunswick was a mad house last night - good times
    New Brunswick is a very unique place on nights like homecoming and Rutgersfest. I just wasn't up for it last night, I had been partying way too hard all day and had nothing left in me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetHeel23
    Rutgers you gonna be at the game today?
    Which game? The Jet game? I'm usually at home watching with my Dad on Sundays.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    If Rutgers just takes care of business and wins the games their supposed to win prior to Pitt, WVU, and Louisville, you will see them crack the TOP 25 this year
    Stop, don't tease me like that.

In all honesty, I never in my entire life thought I'd see my Knights even sniff the top 25.