Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Corey Dillon

  1. #1
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319

    Corey Dillon

    I've checked numerous threads here and didn't see this question. Was Corey Dillon hurt at the end of the game? he was slow getting up and then some Patsy geek purposely blocked the camera from viewing him while he was sitting on the bench.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003
    ha...i saw that lame-o. Haventt heard anything on dillon yet.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    I've checked numerous threads here and didn't see this question. Was Corey Dillon hurt at the end of the game? he was slow getting up and then some Patsy geek purposely blocked the camera from viewing him while he was sitting on the bench.
    Dillon was hurt and everytime the cameras tried to get a shot of him on the sideline one of NE's coaches stepped in front of the camera.

    He looked like he was in alot of pain.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    Good news for fantasy owners that hame Lawrence Maroney

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lake Worth,Fl
    Posts
    6,218
    from the replay it was an ankle...of course we won't hear about it-but know this-he IS hurt

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    748
    Steve Burton - reporter for WBZ Channel 4, here in Boston reported that he saw Dillon leave under his own power and looking to be in no visible pain (anywhere on his body)

  7. #7
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by dfresh
    Steve Burton - reporter for WBZ Channel 4, here in Boston reported that he saw Dillon leave under his own power and looking to be in no visible pain (anywhere on his body)
    Didn't look like it to me. Yes, under his own power, but I thought he was in pain. My guess was a stinger. And why would the Patsy dork block the camera?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    My buddy, who is a Giants fan, was joking around w/ me during the game about how that Mo Lewis hit in week 2 2001 changed NFL history and we created a ominat QB and dynasty. When Diollon was lying down hur, he says "congrats buddy, the Jets are on the verge of helping create Emmit Smith".

    I think Dillon wil be fine but Maroney will get more and more carries as the season goes on.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Didn't look like it to me. Yes, under his own power, but I thought he was in pain. My guess was a stinger. And why would the Patsy dork block the camera?
    They like to keep anything about any injury as quiet as possible up in New England.

  10. #10
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by CUJet
    They like to keep anything about any injury as quiet as possible up in New England.
    Yeah, but this is bordering on absurd.

    Oh well. We got those Bills comin' up!

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Dillon was hurt and everytime the cameras tried to get a shot of him on the sideline one of NE's coaches stepped in front of the camera.

    He looked like he was in alot of pain.
    it was actually funny footage, u could tell the camera man was sneaking around trying to get a shot and the coach waved him off and was like "NO!" and then another got in front of another camera and crossed his arms trying to looks real tough.

  12. #12
    Injury or no injury Maroney was going to be the feature back on the Patriots soon enough.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,007
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    it was actually funny footage, u could tell the camera man was sneaking around trying to get a shot and the coach waved him off and was like "NO!" and then another got in front of another camera and crossed his arms trying to looks real tough.
    To me, it displays further arrogance by the Patriots organization. They are an NFL team and benefit from it to the tune of millions of dollars. The Network paid a zillion dollars to show these games. It is not a secret meeting taking place in the lockerroom. This is getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.

  14. #14
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    it was actually funny footage, u could tell the camera man was sneaking around trying to get a shot and the coach waved him off and was like "NO!" and then another got in front of another camera and crossed his arms trying to looks real tough.
    Yeah, he's a boot lickin' yes man, standing there with his arms crossed. What a dope! LOLOLOL!!!!

    If I was a CBS exec, I'd be on the phone to the NFL FO quicker than sh!t! They were denying media access. I'd remind them how much dough they were makin' off me.......

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    That was ridiculous blocking the camera from the public. Give me a break.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Yeah, he's a boot lickin' yes man, standing there with his arms crossed. What a dope! LOLOLOL!!!!

    If I was a CBS exec, I'd be on the phone to the NFL FO quicker than sh!t! They were denying media access. I'd remind them how much dough they were makin' off me.......
    Just a thought, but maybe they had to pull his pants down? Or snap a dislocated finger back in place?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Just a thought, but maybe they had to pull his pants down? Or snap a dislocated finger back in place?
    Shhh ! Thats logic !

    All I know is had that been a Jets player injured and a Jets assistant blocking the camera, the posters here would be praising them for protecting the player and sticking it to the media.

    But its the Pats, so its another example of their "arrogance".

  18. #18
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan
    To me, it displays further arrogance by the Patriots organization.
    Arrogance or brilliance?

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Just a thought, but maybe they had to pull his pants down?
    Not likely, he was being examined by team doctors, not Tom Brady.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch
    Not likely, he was being examined by team doctors, not Tom Brady.
    took you long enough. Listen I know you guys are all hurting but when I toss in a softball like that to make you feel better, I expect a quicker response.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us