Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Jetsies...

Veteran

Congrats Jetsies...

Nice win. I didn't think you could do it.

Maybe this Mangina guy can coach after all.

I didn't see the game but the stats seem one sided in Buffalo's favor.

Losman passed for over 300. McGahee had 150 on the ground. The had two receivers go for over 100 yards.

How'd you win this game?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Because we're good.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Talk to the flipper!

All League
    Bend but don't break troll, bend but don't break.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Because we're good.

...No, seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER

Losman passed for over 300. McGahee had 150 on the ground. The had two receivers go for over 100 yards.

How'd you win this game?
    3 turnovers for the Bills, O turnovers for the Jets.

It's called taking care of the football.

Banned
    They had to throw most of the second half becauase we took the lead just before half. Other than the TD pass he had onethe second play of the game, which was a good catch and run play by the receiver with blown coverage by Barrett, he didn't impress me at all. Close to 100 of McGahee's yards were in the first half.

The Jets won by taking advantage of Losman's numerous mistakes and by going 3-for-3 with 3 TDs in the red zone.

All League
    How'd you win this game?
    We scored more points.

Works every time.

Undrafted Free Agent

How'd you win this game?
    Losmans yards were at least %50 after the catch. Perris had some big yardage playts in the first half. Thats about it. Other then that Losman wasn't much to look at.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fogel1497
    Losmans yards were at least %50 after the catch. Perris had some big yardage playts in the first half. Thats about it. Other then that Losman wasn't much to look at.
    So were about a third of chad's, lol.

Banned

How'd you win this game?
    we are just better coached and better prepared now..and we dont play terrified on offense anymore
    thats about it

All Pro
    This was probably mentioned but I think it was very ballsie of Chad to will his way on the 4th and 1 to extend the drive so that Houston got in for the TD. If we don't make that this game would have been very different. Our three games haven't exactly been masterpieces but this team is VERY competitive and has lots of heart. We are a young team and we will bend a lot but it's very reassuring and the mark of a Good coach that we don't completely collapse.

Oh, and we got lots of pressure on Losman and that made me a very happy fan The reason why the game got close was because Losman had to bail and run for the TD. He didn't want Ball to hang onto him anymore

All Pro
    ...No, seriously.

Turnovers, and we don't quit. Harder you beat on this team the harder they play. Maybe somthing to Mangini's hellish training camp.

Practice Squad

How'd you win this game?

Kerry Rhodes was a major reason for this win causing two sack fumbles (replacing what J. Abe used to do) one of which was returned for a TD by V. Hobson. Two huge plays that allowed the Jest to win despite letting up alot of yards on defense.

Veteran
    It sounds like you guys like your team. Thats good. It's always funner around here when you guys like your team.

It'll be interesting to see how you guys do against Indy. I can't believe Jacksonville let that one get away.

They were dominating them in the first half when I watched. I think Leftwhich is proving himself to be terribly overrated. He's just to inconsistent.

Physically, jacksonville was manhandling the Colts but Leftwhich didn't give his team anything.

I think you guys can beat the Colts. It'll take a heck of a game to do it but Indy isn't nearly as good as everyone thinks. This year's version is nowhere near as good as last season's team.

They're all finesse. Punch them in the mouth and they'll fold.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by penny2moss
    Kerry Rhodes was a major reason for this win causing two sack fumbles (replacing what J. Abe used to do) one of which was returned for a TD by V. Hobson. Two huge plays that allowed the Jest to win despite letting up alot of yards on defense.
    Rhodes has been making some big plays for you guys. Where'd you get him from? I can't remember.

Charter JI Member
    I actually think the Jets won the game at the end of the first half. They were outplayed the entire half and scored that late TD to take the lead, the effect had to be huge for the team. Any good coach will capitalize on something like that, and couple it with Buffalo relying on Losman too much(resulting in huge turnovers) instead of letting McGahee grind it out, the combo was deadly.

All League
    Rhodes has been making some big plays for you guys. Where'd you get him from? I can't remember.
    T. Bradway

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Reasons for Victory:

--Buffalo turnovers, related to......

--Buffalo's complete incompetence regarding the challenge/replay system. Two of the turnovers get revcersel if appealed. Thats a potentially 14 point shift.

--Jets again played much harder in the last first-half and second quarter than early.

Great that we won, and won there. But a great Jets game (as in great play on our side) it was not, not really.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish

--Buffalo's complete incompetence regarding the challenge/replay system. Two of the turnovers get revcersel if appealed.
    Hey fish what game were you watching??

the only questionable call I saw was hobson stepping out of bounds