Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "FEARED" BIlls posts

All Pro

The "FEARED" BIlls posts

I hope we never read these posts again. Of all the teams who get hyped by this board and the pres, the Bills hype bothers me the most. Every time they show a small pulse, they become unbeatable, the NFL darlings. YJF leads the charge on this board but it becomes a common NFL perception (see all the predictions this past week). Well, like I said, they are overrated. Sure its a nice for anyone to win on the road but I expeced this. Bills are pedestrian at best. So I ask YJF and others: Please, hold on the "Beware of the Bills" posts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    I hope we never read these posts again. Of all the teams who get hyped by this board and the pres, the Bills hype bothers me the most. Every time they show a small pulse, they become unbeatable, the NFL darlings. YJF leads the charge on this board but it becomes a common NFL perception (see all the predictions this past week). Well, like I said, they are overrated. Sure its a nice for anyone to win on the road but I expeced this. Bills are pedestrian at best. So I ask YJF and others: Please, hold on the "Beware of the Bills" posts.
    when have the bills ever been an nfl darling? everyone in the usa today took the jets.. its easy to say you expected a win after they won

Quote Originally Posted by jplosman7
    when have the bills ever been an nfl darling? everyone in the usa today took the jets.. its easy to say you expected a win after they won
    Everyone on ESPN took the Bills with the expection of "Stink" Mark Slerith

All Pro
    C'mon, everytime the Bills pull out a somewhat decent win or maybe even 2 wins in a row, the media starts talikng about how great they are. Remember the SI cover after a week 1 win a couple of years back? Guys like Peter King and Mort have been hyping this team for years. This was in fact the first off-season I remeber where they weren't a hot pick for the playoffs and it was refreshing. Sure enough, they beat Miami and everyone starts buying into the Bills hype again. I didn't see the USA today but wveything I saw had the Bills beating NY. I just dorn't buy them. They haven't won a playoff game in a decade and havent made the playoffs this century. I want this team to make the playoffs b/f they get such hype; not just win one game here or there.

All League

Talking

Who was the guy that said the Bills would win 30-13 ?

All League

In what country?? Even the NYC writers picked the Bills.

Since 2002 when they acquired Drew Bledsoe, the Bills have been hyped as the team to do damage in the NFL. In terms of meeting expectations the Bills have only been surpassed in recent times by the Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    Since 2002 when they acquired Drew Bledsoe, the Bills have been hyped as the team to do damage in the NFL. In terms of meeting expectations the Bills have only been surpassed in recent times by the Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings.
    Exactly!!! Even though the Bengals didn't win a playoff game, 11-5 proved they deserve the hype. SSame even goes for the G-Men. They won the division, they deserve some hype. The Bills have been 6-10 and 8-8 hype machines. They have been mediocre AT BEST and I am sick of their hype.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    C'mon, everytime the Bills pull out a somewhat decent win or maybe even 2 wins in a row, the media starts talikng about how great they are. Remember the SI cover after a week 1 win a couple of years back? Guys like Peter King and Mort have been hyping this team for years. This was in fact the first off-season I remeber where they weren't a hot pick for the playoffs and it was refreshing. Sure enough, they beat Miami and everyone starts buying into the Bills hype again. I didn't see the USA today but wveything I saw had the Bills beating NY. I just dorn't buy them. They haven't won a playoff game in a decade and havent made the playoffs this century. I want this team to make the playoffs b/f they get such hype; not just win one game here or there.
    the bills havent wnon two ganes in a row in a few years, you must have a good memory. just because the jets always have a top 10 draft pick (and oh yes you can still get threr again this year) is no reason to say the national media likes the bills

All Pro
    the bills havent wnon two ganes in a row in a few years, you must have a good memory. just because the jets always have a top 10 draft pick (and oh yes you can still get threr again this year) is no reason to say the national media likes the bills
    Why was the point spread 6 and not 3? And I believe they went on quite a roll at the end of 04 only to collapse at the end.

the bills havent wnon two ganes in a row in a few years, you must have a good memory.
    the Bills won 2 in a row last season.

Banned
    the sporting news picked the bills to finish dead last this year

Veteran
    Dude. Stop while you're ahead, you're arguing that your team is worse. That's so unconventional.

All Pro
    ....and everyone else picked the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    Dude. Stop while you're ahead, you're arguing that your team is worse. That's so unconventional.
    no were arent retard, he said the bills are 'nfl darlings' and everyone always picks the bills to win

Veteran
    no were arent retard, he said the bills are 'nfl darlings' and everyone always picks the bills to win

Go home.

That has nothing to do with how the team has been treated since 2002. You cant say the media hates the team when for 4 years running they were predicted to go to the playoffs no matter what the results of the year before. It would be like someone saying the media did not like our old coach Herman Edwards when all they did(and still do) is ask him to bend over so they can kiss his behind about what a great guy and motivator he was/is. The Bills got a ton of respect this week off a hardfought game against New England and a win against Miami. The Bills came in as 6 point favorites! That was an insane point spread. If the situation was reversed and it was the Jets that did that they would have been 3.5 point favorites tops.

All Pro
    The Jets have MADE the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years so we did not have a top 10 pick "every year". Your confusing us with your Ills. Stupid posts like this is why you have such a bad rep at the Buffalorange Bills site. Even they hate you.

Banned
    That has nothing to do with how the team has been treated since 2002. You cant say the media hates the team when for 4 years running they were predicted to go to the playoffs no matter what the results of the year before. It would be like someone saying the media did not like our old coach Herman Edwards when all they did(and still do) is ask him to bend over so they can kiss his behind about what a great guy and motivator he was/is. The Bills got a ton of respect this week off a hardfought game against New England and a win against Miami. The Bills came in as 6 point favorites! That was an insane point spread. If the situation was reversed and it was the Jets that did that they would have been 3.5 point favorites tops.
    its funny the jets are always predicted to have a top 10 draft pick and they almost always deliver

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGee77
    The Jets have MADE the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years so we did not have a top 10 pick "every year". Your confusing us with your Ills. Stupid posts like this is why you have such a bad rep at the Buffalorange Bills site. Even they hate you.
    OMG that's great.

Actually, I kind of like jplosman7. He is a constant source of amusement and amazement. I can't believe this much stupidity can be contained in one brain.