Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys should stand for what is right and turn off the game

Banned

You guys should stand for what is right and turn off the game

I can't believe that hundreds of millions of dollars, including tax payers money was spent to get the superdome up and running for tonight's football game.

Couldn't that money have been used to rebuild some neighborhoods? I mean what other country would choose to rebuild an NFL stadium in a situation where the budget is tight, and almost half a city population is gone.

I'm so friggin glad too that this superdome can withstand category 5 winds.. Whoopedy doo

Notice all the white people in the stands.. Where were they during Katrina? All I saw were blacks...

But hey... It gives ESPN a "feel good story"..

Enjoy the game..
    Last edited by JackRipper; 09-25-2006 at 10:57 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRipper
    I can't believe hundreds of millions of dollars, including tax payers monies spent to get the superdome up and running for tonight's football game.

Couldn't that money have been used to rebuild some neighborhoods? I mean what other country would choose to rebuild an NFL stadium in a situation where the budget is tight, and almost half a city population is gone.

I'm so friggin glad too that this superdome can withstand category 5 wins.. Whoopedy doo

Notice all the white people in the stands.. Where were they during Katrina? All I saw were blacks...

But hey... It gives ESPN a "feel good story"..

Enjoy the game..
    Everybody's going to bodyslam you but there's some truth in what you say.

Everyone, carefully think about your responses. JTR has a point here, I have thought the same things.

It's not as cut and dry as he's made it out to be, but think about it.

All League
    Enjoy the game..
    ok

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paranoid Jet
    Everybody's going to bodyslam you but there's some truth in what you say.

Everyone, carefully think about your responses. JTR has a point here, I have thought the same things.

It's not as cut and dry as he's made it out to be, but think about it.
    I'm going to reply to you, since Ripper's an idiot.

You want to know why it's worth it? Ask Joe Horn. Ask him about the immediate response he got when he visited refugees at the Alamo dome, about how much everyone he talked to wanted to see them go out and play football for the sake of the city.

Remember how that first game after 9/11 felt? Like we were standing on our feet and saying F-U, Osama, you can make us hurt but we'll keep on living? That's the attitude in New Orleans, particularly with respect to the Saints. Having the Saints play a home game is a big deal for New Orleanians, and every game they win makes it bigger.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it

You want to know why it's worth it? Ask Joe Horn. Ask him about the immediate response he got when he visited refugees at the Alamo dome, about how much everyone he talked to wanted to see them go out and play football for the sake of the city.

Remember how that first game after 9/11 felt? Like we were standing on our feet and saying F-U, Osama, you can make us hurt but we'll keep on living? That's the attitude in New Orleans, particularly with respect to the Saints. Having the Saints play a home game is a big deal for New Orleanians, and every game they win makes it bigger.

The applause was just for calling Jack an idiot. With that being said, your post was extremely solid also.

Banned

Its a football game doggin94

A 4 hour event

Please look at the bigger picture... Some people don't give a **** about celebrities and sports.

Veteran

while i agree with you to an extent i am sure that the majority of those who suffered the greatest during and after katrina would prefer a stable home to to live in and the restoration their damaged property rather than a chance to watch the saints play in the superdome 3 months a year. NO matter how touching joe horn's actions are its safe to say hes goin to be pretty alright going home to his mansion every year.
    Ofcourse i cant speak for any of the katrina victims and who knows, maybe watching a football game is uplifting to the population but im just speaking as a person who'd much rather live under civil living conditions than watch millionares whose primary objective are to entertain

Veteran

Well there are lots of displaced New Orleanians who don't really care about returning home, because there's nothing there for them. I'm enjoying the game, but in the back of my mind things don't seem to be in perspective

Hall Of Fame
    It does bring money into the community. That saying Give a Dude a fish and teach him how. Fix the building and let them start making money.

Hall Of Fame
    What that lady just said.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey, Ripper. They just explained during the game why they rebuilt the Superdome before rebuilding the neighborhoods! Too bad you turned the game off.

All Pro
    What percentage of public money went to fixing the stadium?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    It does bring money into the community. That saying Give a Dude a fish and teach him how. Fix the building and let them start making money.

Is it really the right situation for a city to be gambling with an oppurtunity cost?

Take the cash, and rebuild the city..

If the Saints were so loved why were they on the brink of relocation before Katrina?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    Hey, Ripper. They just explained during the game why they rebuilt the Superdome before rebuilding the neighborhoods! Too bad you turned the game off.
    Too bad he posts here again is more like it. I liked it better when he tucked his tail beteween his legs after Jets Babe exposed him to be the loser he is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS

They????

Who Chris Berman?? Michael Irvin?? TJ?? Are they Economists?

ESPN is just milking this for all its worth.. They are as bad as anyone..

Hall Of Fame
    as NO native harry conick just said, the dome was crucial in rebuilding their city, as tourism is the lifeblood of the economy.
    From what I am reading, all NO residents agree they needed the dome built first.

if you build it, they will come

Hall Of Fame
    They????

I think your a jackass but that is true.

Hall Of Fame
    squatdog is wrong about everything. Its uncanny

Bills 30
    Jets 3

boycott the mnf game

We must put this power to use for the forces of good

squat, you should post your picks for the weekend, and we can use the opposite picks, and make some serious $$$

Hall Of Fame
    They????

Apparently, you're an economist..

Banned
    ummm..i dont know what youre watching..but i saw plenty of black folks in the stand..that was pretty ignorant jack