Thread: Here it is- ESPN power rankings

Practice Squad

Here it is- ESPN power rankings

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chillster
    Panthers, Giants and Cowboys are ahead of the Jets? Saits should be upset with thier placement too.

Veteran
    'It's easy to dissect and read too much into things, but Tom Brady just doesn't look quite right.'

He looks emotional and gay

Big jump next week if we beat the Colts. By the way. Tampa Bay is the 2006 version of the 2005 Jets.

27 (23) Buccaneers 0-3-0 Amazing in the NFL how quickly a team can go from a playoff contender to staring a four or five-win season right in the face.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Is there anyone out there killing more fantasy teams than Daunte Culpepper?
    What idiots are starting Dante this year?? maybe last year this was true...

All Pro
    We're moving up slowly but surely. Still not getting much respect though as we are ranked dead last among teams with winning records.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream
    What idiots are starting Dante this year?? maybe last year this was true...
    he's killing my team indirectly... i have chambers

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    he's killing my team indirectly... i have chambers
    True...I have him too.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckiernan
    'It's easy to dissect and read too much into things, but Tom Brady just doesn't look quite right.'

He looks emotional and gay
    Always did.....

All League
    Wait a second how could we be ranked higher than the high powered Chiefs..??

All League

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jets80
    Wait a second how could we be ranked higher than the high powered Chiefs..??
    Man I wish we played them this year...

Hall Of Fame
    I'll take our ranking at this point in the season because by week 8 we are going to be much better. Our guys will have learned the schemes and coaches relaxed enough to take some chances.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades
    Panthers, Giants and Cowboys are ahead of the Jets? Saits should be upset with thier placement too.
    Saints will come come crashing back to earth against Carolina this weekend!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades

if we were playing any of these teams AT HOME we would be underdogs............so whats the problem

Hall Of Fame
    g-men waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated

All Pro
    If this were legitmate "power rankings" then why is Carolina above the Jets other then the fact that everyone at ESPN had a severe love affair with them? Over the course of the season i think Carolina will right the ship and is much more talented than the Jets and in likelihood will end up with a better record...but for now they have not looked particularly impressive or dominant in any of the games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason
    If this were legitmate "power rankings" then why is Carolina above the Jets other then the fact that everyone at ESPN had a severe love affair with them? Over the course of the season i think Carolina will right the ship and is much more talented than the Jets and in likelihood will end up with a better record...but for now they have not looked particularly impressive or dominant in any of the games.
    well steve smith is back, and delhomme instantly looked better the second he stepped onto the field.

All Pro
    But my point is the overall team. John Kasay was the big reason why Carolina isn't 0-3 right now. I agree Steve Smith gives them the feared offensive threat, but that one squeaker of a win doesn't translate to two of our wins IMO. I know they don't do it base on W-L, but so far Carolina has been playing games that we were expected to play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Atlanta, New England, and Dallas should not be ranked ahead of Minnesota right now, and speaking of the Vikings they didn't do enough this past weekend to drop DOWN in the rankings. People are sleeping on Minnesota this season, and that's a mistake. They've got two of the best lines in football on BOTH sides of the ball, and possibly the best O-Line in the league with McKinnie (who's playing VERY well this year), Hutchinson, and Birk.

The Bears recorded 9 sacks in their first 2 games. Guess how many they got off on the Vikings?

Uno.

If there's one thing that I see happening as the season goes on, it's the Vikings running game improving a little more every week, as it appears they're just going to run Taylor to that left side until someone proves they can stop it (which Chicago didn't have an easy time with).

If you're a gambler, don't sleep on Minnesota this year, that's the best advice I can give you.

And Chicago is the best team in the league until proven otherwise as far as I'm concerned. That was one heck of a win they pulled out the other day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    well steve smith is back, and delhomme instantly looked better the second he stepped onto the field.
    Better against Tampa? and they almost lost to a guy playing with a busted spleen. Seriously ESPN is totally shafting people. Undefeated teams should line up 1 through 7 no questions asked. going undefeated in the NFL aint no joke. Saints got shafted and the way they played Atlanta it was clear that it wasnt an emotional win. they outplayed them and were the better team. Did you see those corners, they were on top of the recievers like white on rice flies on s***. Even if the Jets beat the colts they are only going to move up one spot cause people will say that it was a fluke and Peyton just had a broken eyelash and the Jets were lucky...

At this point Power Rankings don't mean anything to me. Its a personal opinion that they should keep to themselves.