Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still unhappy about the Jets move to NJ?

Hall Of Fame

Still unhappy about the Jets move to NJ?

A chance for you complain.........

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...=ny-jets-print

THE RANT
    Frank Campo

September 27, 2006

"It's great to see the Saints returning to their home in New Orleans. Now what was the disaster that forced the Jets to leave New York for New Jersey?"

Frank Campo

Port Jefferson

Send your rant by fax to 631-454-6892 or by e-mail to rant@newsday.com. Please include your name, hometown and telephone number.

All Pro
    Mornin Maine, Good Post !! I know I'm still pissed at Woody the Liar after his "promises" proved to be hollow. Wouldn't mind seeing him on opening day.

Banned
    Queens4Life

flushingjet
    There'll be 350 emails in the inbox by the end of the day.
    By the end of 2009, there'll still be 350

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm ecstatic about the Jets staying in Jersey. It's a pain in the butt to get to Queens from central jersey, the Meadowlands are a straight shot up the turnpike.

Hooray for me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    I'm ecstatic about the Jets staying in Jersey. It's a pain in the butt to get to Queens from central jersey, the Meadowlands are a straight shot up the turnpike.

Hooray for me.
    Exactly. Accessability is a big issue, and all the fans from NJ, CT, and upstate NY would have a much tougher time getting into Queens to see a game.

Banned
    I for one hope everyone writes about this matter. Honestly though I think most New Yorkers are too busy or lazy to make the effort. It's a disagrace we have to share a stadium with the giants and play in NJ! Nothing against jersey!

JetsFan2012
    who the hell would want to fight traffic driving into Queens every Sunday? usually the turnpike is pretty nice and clear on Sunday afternoons and it's not problem getting to the meadowlands.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99
    I for one hope everyone writes about this matter. Honestly though I think most New Yorkers are too busy or lazy to make the effort. It's a disagrace we have to share a stadium with the giants and play in NJ! Nothing against jersey!
    No offense taken.

That doesn't change the fact that we're getting the team.

We have to deal with the aggravation of getting to Mets, Yankees, and Knicks games. And we make up probably at least half of the attendees. I think we deserve a little convenience when it comes to one or two of the teams. What's fair is fair.

I don't buy the "Jets belong in Queens" argument, the Jets have been in NJ my whole life.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    who the hell would want to fight traffic driving into Queens every Sunday? usually the turnpike is pretty nice and clear on Sunday afternoons and it's not problem getting to the meadowlands.
    Just getting out of.

All League

Hooray for me.
    Hell yeah. I live 5 minutes from the Meadowlands. There is no way I want the Jets to move to Queens or anywhere else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Hell yeah. I live 5 minutes from the Meadowlands. There is no way I want the Jets to move to Queens or anywhere else.
    Bingo.

There's been enough threads by all the New Yorkers wanting the Jets in Queens. Well, I want the Jets in Jersey, and there's a lot of other people who feel the same way damnit.

Rookie
    No offense taken.

We have to deal with the aggravation of getting to Mets, Yankees, and Knicks games. And we make up probably at least half of the attendees. I think we deserve a little convenience when it comes to one or two of the teams. What's fair is fair.

I don't buy the "Jets belong in Queens" argument, the Jets have been in NJ my whole life.

I'm with you. For those of us that live in Central Jersey and have season tickets, keep the Jets where they are.

As for the Knicks, a train ride from New Brunswick straight in isn't that bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    A chance for you complain.........

THE RANT
    Frank Campo

September 27, 2006

"It's great to see the Saints returning to their home in New Orleans. Now what was the disaster that forced the Jets to leave New York for New Jersey?"

Frank Campo
    What disaster? That's an easy answer: Shea Stadium.

Veteran
    Here we go again, for the like 4,000th time.

Enter Queens Jet Fan in 5...4....3.....2....1....

Banned
    No offense taken.

Good point still don't like going to Jersey to watch a NY team play. Surprised your not a nets fan...can't say I haven't suffered watching these atroceous knicks! Still wanted the jets in queens or long island bad!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99
    Good point still don't like going to Jersey to watch a NY team play. Surprised your not a nets fan...can't say I haven't suffered watching these atroceous knicks! Still wanted the jets in queens or long island bad!
    Know what I say to the Nets?

Nothing, I thumb my nose at them.

I refuse to jump on that bandwagon, absolutely refuse. Net fans were few and far between before Kidd came to town, now everyone's a diehard. No disrespect to the true ones out there, but that's the harsh reality of things. The majority of Nets fans these days are bandwagoners.

The Knicks are exactly what the Jets are to me, they're mine. I bleed blue and orange as much as I do green and white, and I don't bail and pick the local hottie just because we're going through a rough patch. (A REALLY rough patch at that).

Bobby - You're right about the Garden though, it's actually pretty convinient. I was speaking more towards baseball than I was about the Garden.

Hall Of Fame
    This is how I look at it... I'm from NJ - but...

I'm not going to feel betrayed that the Nets are going to Brooklyn (same market) so if I was a NY'er, I wouldn't feel betrayed that the Jets are staying in NK (same market)

I'm happy for the Nets. This new facility is going to be fully loaded. A far cry from when I used to go watch the Nets at the RAC!

Rookie
    Know what I say to the Nets?

Nothing, I thumb my nose at them.

I refuse to jump on that bandwagon, absolutely refuse. Net fans were few and far between before Kidd came to town, now everyone's a diehard. No disrespect to the true ones out there, but that's the harsh reality of things. The majority of Nets fans these days are bandwagoners.

The Knicks are exactly what the Jets are to me, they're mine. I bleed blue and orange as much as I do green and white, and I don't bail and pick the local hottie just because we're going through a rough patch. (A REALLY rough patch at that).

Bobby - You're right about the Garden though, it's actually pretty convinient. I was speaking more towards baseball than I was about the Garden.
    I thought that you might have been a Nets fan. Afterall, they played their home games at the RAC years ago.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    This is how I look at it... I'm from NJ - but...

I'm not going to feel betrayed that the Nets are going to Brooklyn (same market) so if I was a NY'er, I wouldn't feel betrayed that the Jets are staying in NK (same market)

I'm happy for the Nets. This new facility is going to be fully loaded. A far cry from when I used to go watch the Nets at the RAC!
    There's a big difference.

NJ doesn't care about the Nets as a whole. They can't even sell out playoff games (which is absolutely pathetic with a capital P).

There's no big protests to keep the Nets in Jersey, no rallies, no mass calls insulting Jay-Z for taking NJ's beloved Nets, it ain't there.

However, we fought to give the Devils their own arena (which is going to be gorgeous BTW), and our Gov fought hard to keep both NFL teams in Jersey.

Regardless, as you said, it's still the same market.

And don't sleep on the RAC, there's no better home court advantage in the country, on the pro or college level.