View Poll Results: Based on the Jets start where do you see thier final record?

Voters
420. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6-10

27 6.43%
  • 8-8

219 52.14%
  • 10-6

161 38.33%
  • 12-4

13 3.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL JI POLL: Based on the Jets start where do you see thier final record?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

OFFICIAL JI POLL: Based on the Jets start where do you see thier final record?

Vote and post comments here.

Charter JI Member
    I wanted to choose 9-7 (not an option). In all honesty this weekend will really tell us where the team is, and I am optimistically picking a W for this weekend, so in that case I'll go with 10-6.

Again, a victory this weekend could propel this team to magic this year.

All League
    looking at the remaining games on our schedule these 8 games are all games that we should win based on how the season has looked so far. And assuming we can only improve the more time we spend in the 3-4.

Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, Green Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Oakland

We could upset any of the other teams

Colts, Jags, Bears, Vikings, Pats

But then again we could be upset by say Miami or Buffalo...so I take a mix of possibly events from a slight homer perspective and I can see us winning 8 more games

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, I'm that crazy MoFo who vote 12-4. And what?!? And what?

Veteran
    I tried my best to pick each game we had left and ended up with 8-8. I figure we lose to the teams we're supposed to lose to (Jax, Indy), and beat ALMOST all the teams I believe we're better than (CLE, GB).

I think Buffalo might take the next game from us (and we might drop one to Miami) but other than that I think we're winning most of our winnable games.

Veteran
    im gonna ride with a 10-6 season if we take 1 of these next 2 games..a win in jacksonville is very realistic...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Yeah, I'm that crazy MoFo who vote 12-4. And what?!? And what?
    word up and WHAT..let them know

Hall Of Fame
    where is the Jake the ripper option? 2-14

I have to vote 8-8 but I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised. A win on Sunday would definitely sway me.

All League
    IMO 9-7, I would love 10-6
    But if we finish at 500 I'll be happy.
    Last edited by redisnI steJ; 09-28-2006 at 12:24 PM.

I would say, 9-7, but it wasn't listed, so I picked 8-8.

Rookie
    If our D continues to come up with big plays, I see us at 8-8. With 50 yards average per game, that's not going to win us a lot of tougher games.

Colts L
    Jags L
    Phins W
    Lions W
    Browns W
    Pats L
    Bears L I hope to God I'm wrong on this one. We win this game, It's a winning year for me. Yes, I said it.
    Texans W
    Packers W
    Bills L
    Vikings L
    Phins L
    Raiders W

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ILJETSFAN
    If our D continues to come up with big plays, I see us at 8-8. With 50 yards average per game, that's not going to win us a lot of tougher games.

Colts L
    Jags L
    Phins W
    Lions W
    Browns W
    Pats L
    Bears L I hope to God I'm wrong on this one. We win this game, It's a winning year for me. Yes, I said it.
    Texans W
    Packers W
    Bills L
    Vikings L
    Phins L
    Raiders W
    IL, my one question is, why do you think the Jets will lose to the Bills in the MEADOWLANDS? That's where you would get that extra win for 9-7.

I'm just wondering what your thought process is in predicting that a Bills team would come into the Meadowlands in December and win, something they couldn't even do last year against a much worse Jet team.

All League
    I also like 9-7 but went with the next most realistic choice, 8-8.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    IL, my one question is, why do you think the Jets will lose to the Bills in the MEADOWLANDS? That's where you would get that extra win for 9-7.

I'm just wondering what your thought process is in predicting that a Bills team would come into the Meadowlands in December and win, something they couldn't even do last year against a much worse Jet team.

Well, all i did was WATCH the game! Buffalo Owned us for the most part. 300 yard passer, 2 receivers over 100 yards, a 150 yard rusher.. Seriously, we give that up, or anything NEAR that we lose to the Bills. The last few years we've usualy split, so I'm basing that off of that history, and last weeks game. Unrealistic? Thoughts?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    10-6 with an actual chance to go 11-5.

When you look at our schedule, it's possible.

We have a team that has a lot of heart and will fight to the very end. Chad is back and playing better than ever and seems to have rekindled his chemistry with Coles. Let's not forget about the new kid on the block Jerricho Cotchery. Before the season started, we thought our WR core and offense as a whole would be the weakest part of this team, well, we have one of the best passing games in the NFL right now.

Our defense has given up some yards but it seems like they have the "bend but don't break" mentality. They've come up with some big plays during crucial times and have helped us win. Kerry Rhodes is gonna be a star and we already know what guys like Vilma and Barton can do. We have a fast, aggressive secondary with some great young talent (Rhodes, Miller, Dyson) with a nice set of LB's. I think Vilma, Barton, Thomas (has been a big surprise), and Hobson will be very good when they learn the new system.

The coaching staff is also superb. Mangini is looking like the real deal and from what I've heard, the offense LOVES Schottenheimer and his aggressive playcalling.

This is a team that's built to last and is already pretty good right now.

I can definitely see us going 10-6.

Super*****/Prom Queen

Colts L
    Jags L
    Phins W
    Lions W
    Browns W
    Pats L
    Texans W
    Packers W
    Bills L
    Vikings L
    Phins L
    Raiders W

Jase check the Bears schedule!

They are playing the Gints in the swamps on Nov. 12th and then coming back to NY the following weekend to play us! Then when we get done with them they come back up NorthEast a 3rd time to play the patsie's @ Foxboro on the 26th.

Now that's one tough schedule and NO WAY can the Bears win all three games on the road. Possible but improbable and I'm praying the luck falls our way right in the middle of their away streak.

Can you say "jet lag" and "not the meadowlands again" Lovie Smith?

Oh yeah and I've been saying this since Draft Day, we go 8-8.
    Last edited by Limolady; 09-28-2006 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Jets Go 8-8

Hall Of Fame
    Well, all i did was WATCH the game! Buffalo Owned us for the most part. 300 yard passer, 2 receivers over 100 yards, a 150 yard rusher.. Seriously, we give that up, or anything NEAR that we lose to the Bills. The last few years we've usualy split, so I'm basing that off of that history, and last weeks game. Unrealistic? Thoughts?
    I understand the split concept, but watching the game, how did those stats end up in points? Seriously, those were the least meaningfull yardage I've seen in a game in a long time.

After the Jets took the lead with the 2nd Quarter TD, they seemed in complete control for the rest of the game. So the idea that the Bills "owned" the Jets for the most part is completely inaccurate. How can they have owned the Jets if they were down by double digit points for most of the second half? There wasn't "luck" involved, or flukey plays as some have argued with the Cotchery catch against the Pats. The Jets were 3 for 3 for TDs in the redzone and caused turnovers on plays designed to cause turnovers.

Practice Squad
    At the start of the season, I thought we would go 6-10. Now I think we can at least go 9-7, assuming CP stays healthy and we can get a running game going.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Jase check the Bears schedule!

They are playing the Gints in the swamps on Nov. 12th and then coming back to NY the following weekend to play us! Then when we get done with them they come back up NorthEast a 3rd time to play the patsie's @ Foxboro on the 26th.

Now that's one tough schedule and NO WAY can the Bears win all three games on the road. Possible but improbable and I'm praying the luck falls our way right in the middle of their away streak.

Can you say "jet lag" and "not the meadowlands again" Lovie Smith?
    God I hope your right Limo. It's a non stop, 24 hour bombardment of sh*t that comes out of these bears fan's mouths. They are ruthless. Super bowl THIS, and we're going to the Super bowl THAT. It's driving me nuts. That and the fact that the last time I went to a Bears Jets game, Wayne fumbled that ball when he got flipped in the air.......guess what jersey I had on that day?......It was a Looooonngg Walk back to the car let me tell you. Ha-ha