Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for those who saw the Pats-Bengals game.

Banned

Question for those who saw the Pats-Bengals game.

Did the Pats finally play up their potential or were the Bengals flat after the emotional win over the Steelers or was it a combination of both?

Veteran
    I really couldn't tell - the Pats had a great game rushing the ball, though. They were dominant for as long as I watched.

I think it was really just the Pats living up to their potential - not an incredibly good sign for us.

All League
    The Pats played an awesome game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... pats certainly looked significantly better ...

... that bengal's run d looked like what i've seen from our guys all season long --- terrible !!!

l_j_r

All Pro
    I only caught the later part of the game, but the Pats D were all over Palmer. On one sack there were THREE Pats players on top of Palmer and not an O lineman in sight. The running backs also had their way with the Bengals, helped by good blocking.

Cincy are going to have a LONG bye week to chew that one over.

Veteran
    Pats ran the ball very well, but their passing attack is still suffering. They look out of synch throwing the ball. And not to take anything away from their play, but the Bengals looked totally unprepared and seemed to quit on some plays in the 4th quarter - it looked to me like their off field problems caught up to them today.

Veteran
    The Bengals were flat and are way over rated.
    In Arizona they switched to the Washington game about half way through the 3rd quarter (Thank god)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Patriots played a really good game. Alot of emotion and heart. They ran the ball down cincy's throat. The o-line had a great game, cincy never got close to brady all day.

The passing game was much better this week as well, but that may have been a result of how well the pats were running the ball. But, d.gabriel had a nice game, caught his first touchdown. the passing game may not be where we want it yet, but we've become a run first team anyway.

It was a great game as a Pat's fan to watch, I think the chant's for benching Tom Brady and giving up on the rest of the season may have been a bit premature.

Veteran
    Lewis is going to have his hands full with that crew.

They are a bully team. Alot like the Giants

When things are going their way they are a Super Bowl contender.
    When things are not going their way they are the Raiders.

If the Bengals are focused on football and can stay off the police blotter they should be a Super Bowl contender.

That though wasn't the case this week and it showed in a big way.

Give the Pats their props. They played with a purpose this week and it showed.

Veteran
    I think it's just a matter of the Patriots matching up well against a team like Cincy. The Bengals are more of a finesse team, kind of like Indy. Although they do have a much better running game than Indy.

The Patriots played their game and basically enforced their will over the Bengals.

As far as reaching our potential, I don't think so. The passing game remains a work in progress. I like what I see out of Gabriel and it was good to finally see Jackson out on the field but it's going to take quite a bit more time for this team to truly reach their potential.

Once Brady gets on the same page with his receivers, this team is going to be DANGEROUS. The running game is FAR BETTER than it's ever been. What a game by Maroney today. When he's able to get past the line of scrimmage, he's incredibly explosive.

I liked what I saw from the defense today. We came into this game without our two best DB's in Hobbs and Wilson but everybody else stepped up their game and we held an explosive Bengal offense to 13 points.

This was a statement game for the Patriots and serves notice to the rest of the NFL that the "changing of the guard" talks are a bit premature.

Practice Squad
    The Pats did what they wanted, ran all over the Bungles and just dictated the game, especially in the second half. Lucky me, three other close games on and I'm stuck with the 25 point blowout. oh well.

Hall Of Fame
    Cincy lost momentum and couldn't get it back; it became a catchup game that got away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think the Pats got tired of everyone saying they were 'done'. Also the Cincy D didnt get the turnovers they were feasting on their first 3 games too.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Cincy lost momentum and couldn't get it back; it became a catchup game that got away.
    I agree, although the Patriots game plan and execution had alot to do with it. I've already read how Cincy was "flat" and "overrated" and that's fine. But I was posting here before the Patriots game even started giving props to the great game the Jet's played today. In my opinion, the Patriots played just as good a game as well and the blowout was not a result of Cincy's ineptitude, but New Englands domination on both sides of the ball.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Did the Pats finally play up their potential or were the Bengals flat after the emotional win over the Steelers or was it a combination of both?
    I think the Bengals smelled blood all week. They had heard all the media crap
    about the Pats and were really talking smack, but in a light-hearted way. I'm
    sure the Pats had heard enough about the Denver game and needed to put
    it behind them in a big way. The Pats did good but they could have played
    a lot better. There is still a lot of potential there that isn't making it to the
    field just yet. The D seems to be working OK, but the O needs to get in
    sync a little more. Gabriel and Jackson were on the field and that helps a lot.
    Maroney and Dillon are beasts!

BTW, good game by the Jets today. I thought that you guys were going to
    take the win after the runback, but it was not to be. Mangini is doing good
    with what he has to play with so give him some slack, he is a keeper.

TBP

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot
    I think the Bengals smelled blood all week. They had heard all the media crap
    about the Pats and were really talking smack, but in a light-hearted way. I'm
    sure the Pats had heard enough about the Denver game and needed to put
    it behind them in a big way. The Pats did good but they could have played
    a lot better. There is still a lot of potential there that isn't making it to the
    field just yet. The D seems to be working OK, but the O needs to get in
    sync a little more. Gabriel and Jackson were on the field and that helps a lot.
    Maroney and Dillon are beasts!

BTW, good game by the Jets today. I thought that you guys were going to
    take the win after the runback, but it was not to be. Mangini is doing good
    with what he has to play with so give him some slack, he is a keeper.

TBP
    The Pats kicked the hell out of the Bengals today....They got smacked in the mouth and did not respond...

I caught the last quarter and a half. The Bengals remind me a bit too much of the Colts. Once you smack them and the chips are down they crawl into a shell. Thats not taking anything away from the Pats who tore them apart in the second half, but its just something Im starting to notice about Cincy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    The oline looked great in the run blocking and L. Maroney is the real deal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Here's how T.J Houshmandzadeh saw things after losing 38-13.

``They know they can't stop us -- they can't cover us," he said.

``I feel like we were the better team," Houshmandzadeh said. ``But the score doesn't say that."

Can you say: DELUSIONAL?

All Pro
    Well, Cincy to me just doesn't look that great. They have a hard time stopping the run at times and their OLine had huge trouble yesterday. Palmer is turnover prone right now and the play calling in my opinion was questionable, too, yesterday.