Thread: Millers Kick Return

Millers Kick Return

Hello Jet Fans,

I have been a long time member and this is one of the few times I have posted. Just have a question.

Since Chad was able to control the clock and bring the Jets down to the end zone on previous attempts, do you think it would have been wise to for the coaches to tell special teams to try not to run it back for a touch down? The jets could have started at the 30 yard line and maybe ate up the clock to get the final touchdown. Jets would be ahead with practically no time for Manning to get down the field.

Just some thoughts.

All Pro
    I was thinking exactly the same thing when Miller was running it in. But no, you just don't have someone not go all out for a TD.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by redvfr02
    Hello Jet Fans,

I have been a long time member and this is one of the few times I have posted. Just have a question.

Since Chad was able to control the clock and bring the Jets down to the end zone on previous attempts, do you think it would have been wise to for the coaches to tell special teams to try not to run it back for a touch down? The jets could have started at the 30 yard line and maybe ate up the clock to get the final touchdown. Jets would be ahead with practically no time for Manning to get down the field.

Just some thoughts.
    No way. There's no guarantee we score there. We needed points, and confidence in our D to stop them. They couldn't finish the job unfortunately.

Banned
    no, i don't think there can ever be a time where you don't want your kick returner running it back for a td. ou rdefensive play-calling and execution was flat out terrible, in the 4th quarter especially.

Banned
    I totally understand where you're coming from...

But you still have to try to score no matter what.

If this were the exact same situation in madden, you have to slow up... in the real life NFL, you take your points and trust your defense.

Veteran
    even though our defense sometimes has a knack for shuttin down in the 4th quarter, you never pass up a chance to score.

Veteran
    Yeah there is no way you can stop @ like the X yard line and expect to score, you take every opp. you can get...Although I think one of the announcers on CBS actually suggested he should have...I was thinking, um dude, this isn't a video game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    I totally understand where you're coming from...

But you still have to try to score no matter what.

If this were the exact same situation in madden, you have to slow up... in the real life NFL, you take your points and trust your defense.

lol madden; exactly what i just said in my post, it's not like it's a video game, but i do see where anyone who was thinking this way is coming from, just to keep Manning off the field as long as possible and give as little time as possible to score, w/ no timeouts...but u take pts. anytime, anywhere!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneChrebet
    lol madden; exactly what i just said in my post, it's not like it's a video game, but i do see where anyone who was thinking this way is coming from, just to keep Manning off the field as long as possible and give as little time as possible to score, w/ no timeouts...but u take pts. anytime, anywhere!
    not ANYWHERE... as I said... if this were madden... i'd have run him up and down the goal line, then out of bounds... confident i could stuff the ball in with no time left on the clock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    not ANYWHERE... as I said... if this were madden... i'd have run him up and down the goal line, then out of bounds... confident i could stuff the ball in with no time left on the clock.

actually if this were madden i would just create a sick running back and run the ball down the colts god damned thoats all game. but wtf does that have to do with reality?